Earth (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

CrowFlies

Reaction score
    Is there a way to move a thread and its posts from one place to Here?

its been suggested Earth topic would do better in this department than where it is.
    its here.

can it be moved to Here?

im new here and its very large board, hard to know where to put things for a newbie.

thanks, if its possible.

so anyhow....i finally got some rain the other day and nite.
    actual...falling down hitting things RAIN.
    the first RAIN ive seen or been in for nearly Two Years.
    in that time theres been a few rare drops of no actual help.

we still have water in the reservoir and lake powell is not releasing water downstream
    so CO and NM can keep hydro elec which is why we still have water in the res.
    local tribes and farms are getting IRR waters.
    the snow is gone from the western Rockies. front range may still have some snow up high, idk.

its been fun having water in the res this year....last year i walked my dog across the entire reservoir
    and found a shiny quarter on top of a mud pile. this huge reservoir was totally empty of water.
    this year they held the water back for local uses and local elec.

lasVegas downstream has a tendency to waste water which is not being replaced this year.
    some are suggesting people stop using chlorine in all the pool waters so they
    have something to drink.
    LV wont do any thing.

i am more firmly convinced the last admin the current issues are all a distraction from
    the failing environment in this country. a failing environment none of these rich men
    would do a thing about even if they could, which they cant so they keep throwing Major
    Distractions at the public to avoid the topic at all cost.

who is going to run out of drinking water first?...
    the Supremes or the poor people....CA or our rich and pols who all have yachts.

the rw Still are running a major con on the merican people.

i think i asked for this to be moved, will see what happens.

hey lets stop women from choosing meanwhile let us avoid talking about THIS:
    lake powell has STOPPED letting water out. the water in Powell is needed for hydro elec
    for NM and CO. it is at its bottom level. pumps are not pumping out.

water is released for NM CO IRR. im not sure what this story is about. i do see our local
    res lower daily by a bit....last year IT WAS TOTALLY DRY, GONE, EMPTY by early May.
    all the water went to CA NV.

this year...they protected the locals and i dont know what SoCA farming will do.
    locally the Four Corner tribes and farmers are getting some IRR water.
    we do not have a dry res bottom at this time....they avoided that this year.
    last summer the entire dolores/colorado river reservoir was Totally Empty.
    they let all the water go to Vegas waste and CA IRR. locals got nuthin.

im glad mexico is getting some of this water, its their right via treaty gov plans. they eat too.
    ..it pulses because it cannot Flow.

The Colorado River is once again flowing to its endpoint at the Gulf of California, sort of. Beautiful story from @ByIanJames, with photos from @luissinco,
    about the ecological revival underway as pulses of water reach the Colorado River Delta in Mexico: .....

my goodness....we got some rain. i drove thru some heavy rain which didnt get Here but we have had some decent rain the last few days.
    at this time that is shockingly good news. the river is running low, the reservoir is dropping down daily.

apparently the RioGrande has run dry in ABQ.

look at all that water being wasted in kentucky.

Last edited:
    k so we have had some rain here in the Rockies. some places near me got a lot of rain, we got some rain.
    the river turned red...from the barren treeless earths dirt washing down the mountains into the river bottom and the res. it all went red. well parts of the res didnt get that red dirt flow, but most did.
    the rio is clearing up a bit at this time.

the res has def gotten lower by at least 35-40ft...by sept it will be far lower. one local pond holding area they are not letting water out....its still high on the banks with lots of people hanging out paddling. :)

Last edited:
    I wish we had some water.
    i know you do sam. sigh.
    so many places wishing for that, and not just here. globally things are pretty screwed.
    youre not alone not that that helps.

for me ive not seen this much rain in years. and its not That much here for me. i guess "some" means
    way more than i ever considered before.

some outfit down the road--for some reason--went to cutting hay during this UNKN rainy season thingy
    going on locally. oh sure monsoon season, oh yeh, blah blah. if you Know its rainy times why cut that hay.
    sure we all want 2nd cut to come in on time just as we like it!! btw this was real short grass still in any event.

generally when cut hay is cut unexpectedly rained, on the work begins...you get out and turn
    it all day long til it dries out and is usable.
    this big outfit down the road cut a roadside section of its large fields just in time for rains. they didnt seem to
    turn it once wet now long rows of yellow soaked rotting hay lie there.

i know they know better, cant figure out why this would happen. surely this outfit could hire some
    one to turn the rows. idk. weird.
    the cost of feeding livestock is killing livestock and other living animals.

i havent seen my rio in a few days, havent been here in a while....i took in a friends dog while he's having unexpected heart surgery.
    helping this dog release some tension im spending time at a friends 5ac Highly fenced place where
    the dogs can turn out run and play.
    last time i saw the rio...last week, it was def getting lower.

i dont see that i wrote it here....
    theyve been keeping Res water for CO NM IRR and ELEC....so water has stayed IN this reservoir area longer.
    last year...this was all Dirt. mud. dry dirt by May 15. this year there is still water. this year they held water back.
    ..and their are 8ft tall cottonwoods and willow trees growing on the bottom land. it is a Jungle.

its blowing my mind.
    these trees were growing under the water when the res was recently holding water in.
    under water. they were not there in April. not there last year. by May that res area had finally
    again partially filled, the dirt became covered in water again.

...and now its got a jungle of 8ft tall trees growing on the bottom land, since late May when they began
    letting water out locally. we went daily and could see the slow slow drop along the banks we played and
    floated. water is too far out and gone now to floaty mostly, ducks love it all...we shall see if the ongoing
    newly exposed land has a seedling rush.

wow. what a trip.

rain dance.

ive had and seen more rain the last few weeks, maybe 6 weeks...than ive seen in Years.
    not pounders but rains. regular kinda rains. sometimes thru the nite.

it turns the river red from dirt and sand running down the tree less land.
    but its wet and it has helped a lot of the remaining veg. :)

ive had and seen more rain the last few weeks, maybe 6 weeks...than ive seen in Years.
    not pounders but rains. regular kinda rains. sometimes thru the nite.

it turns the river red from dirt and sand running down the tree less land.
    but its wet and it has helped a lot of the remaining veg. :)
    That's great news.

:)

It's still dry and hot here.

Today ended good. I got home and was watching through my porch array of windows, that is 4 feet by 24 feet of windows.

I saw the future father of my yards female Coyote pups leaving after hot sex. He won't come back and help her, she'll raise those pups alone. That's the way it is and that is the way it will always be.

She'll show them to me about a month after 60 to 63 days. She'll wait to show them off until they are about a month old and at their cutest stage of growth. She's done that three years running.

She's shown me her last 3 litters. Her den is 150 feet from the house and I like that and she likes that.

Her den is under a huge pile of limbs I piled up about five years ago. I add to it to keep it big, she notices and likes that maintenance. It's a pile of limbs about the size of a small house. Made of all oak limbs, she's quite warm and safe in there.

Now about the future father of her pups. The last week and on going for another week is Coyote matting season.

This afternoon he came prancing across the yard from the direction of her den so I know what he was up to in my yard. I know he just finished having sex because he was out of his gourd. One does not usually see male coyotes 60 feet away. Maybe once in a life time.

I watched him prance at pedestrian pace all across the yard. Jumped the fence. Then crested the ridge a bit above the house to drop down into the gorge.

He was aware that I was watching and he didn't care. I guess sex does that to male coyotes.

It does that to human males.

The thing is one will see a few female Coyotes maybe two a year, and a few pups. But one rarely sees male Coyotes. And never until today seeing one less than a half mile away.

Today was a good.

ive been off and away of late. listening and hearing things.

it causes me to ask a question, or two.
    why doesnt anyone blabbing on tv 'news' or elsewhere, why dont they
    ever talk about "over population"....

they talk blab whine complain birch and moan about all the humans at the
    borderS..not just ours...all the humans on the move trying to survive.
    they complain about them coming here...leaving some other place to
    come here.

i dont Ever hear them mention the words "over population"...as in
    lowering the global birth rates vs ignoring them. that is what "birth control"
    methods were to do and did for a long time, brought many women some peace
    and slowed the burgeoning growth of 2 legs.

now there are so many humans...what is to be done about over population
    of this planet, already running out of most resources, with the 'us' being
    the most uncaring on this issue.

why dont any of the over paid and perked pols here talk about over population?

ive been off and away of late. listening and hearing things.

it causes me to ask a question, or two.
    why doesnt anyone blabbing on tv 'news' or elsewhere, why dont they
    ever talk about "over population"....

they talk blab whine complain birch and moan about all the humans at the
    borderS..not just ours...all the humans on the move trying to survive.
    they complain about them coming here...leaving some other place to
    come here.

i dont Ever hear them mention the words "over population"...as in
    lowering the global birth rates vs ignoring them. that is what "birth control"
    methods were to do and did for a long time, brought many women some peace
    and slowed the burgeoning growth of 2 legs.

now there are so many humans...what is to be done about over population
    of this planet, already running out of most resources, with the 'us' being
    the most uncaring on this issue.

why dont any of the over paid and perked pols here talk about over population?
    It's simple global warming is a result of overpopulation. Nothing more nothing less. CO2 emissions are calculated on X times the population. The population of first world countries count more than the population of second or third world populations X is bigger for first world populations.

Apparently it's a sacrilege to try to discuss population over growth. A sin. An Abomination of God. My whole life has gone by and no one wants to talk about over population.

Here come global warming, and humans because of GOD, will do actually nothing to stop it. They will propose insufficient remedies because they will not even discuss the real issue. IT"S OVER POPULATION.

Half of the humans currently on earth are too many. I figure that nature will take care of this for us since we will not deal with it. Nature will kill more than half of the humans currently on Earth, and then things will balance out.

Get a good air conditioner. And then fill yourself with hope. You might live or you might die.

Buy a good air conditioner and hope the power stays on.

sam i remember from the 60's "zero population growth" was not just words. birth control gave
    women the affirmation they could decide how many spawn they would excrete. we had hope then.

of course the 'church' and relig didnt like that at all. didnt like women having some say in life
    and how they would live theirs.
    as well, the wallst goons need humans to 'go shopping' so women are sppsd to breed the cash flow.
    i dont know how important that is anymore tho...since wallst can virtually make their own money now.

i dont know why more women dont get tubes tied and be done with this daily tv ad campaign slush fund
    pressuring women to watch how fun babies are... on tv!! everyone can afford them! its not getting hot!
    climate is fine!

It's simple global warming is a result of overpopulation. Nothing more nothing less. CO2 emissions are calculated on X times the population. The population of first world countries count more than the population of second or third world populations X is bigger for first world populations.

Apparently it's a sacrilege to try to discuss population over growth. A sin. An Abomination of God. My whole life has gone by and no one wants to talk about over population.

Here come global warming, and humans because of GOD, will do actually nothing to stop it. They will propose insufficient remedies because they will not even discuss the real issue. IT"S OVER POPULATION.

Half of the humans currently on earth are too many. I figure that nature will take care of this for us since we will not deal with it. Nature will kill more than half of the humans currently on Earth, and then things will balance out.

Get a good air conditioner. And then fill yourself with hope. You might live or you might die.

Buy a good air conditioner and hope the power stays on.

Agree - and yet we have people in power who wants to increase the population - or maybe only a certain section of it.

My husband and I are in no way preppers but we have invested part of what would otherwise have gone into our retirement fund, in what we call "economic risk management" :)

We have bought a small house in the country with a couple of acress land. We have installed a Hybrid solarcell installation 14,6 kW with battery storage on the roof that also powers our geothermal heat pump. We also have 2 small greenhouses, one of those receives the return leftover heat from the geothermal and stay frost free all winter.

We also just bought a plugin-hybrid Toyota.

As I wrote we are not preppers but since we both are approaching retirement it was essential for us to manage the "unknown factors" like the price of energy. We also wanted to minimize the amount of food going to waste since everything comes in packages way larger than we need and we were usually only using half the vegestables before they spoiled. Now we just go out and pick precisely what we need every single day. So instead of getting maybe a few 100 extra $ a month from our retirement fund when we retire, we cut our monthly expenses, which with the current energy prices seems like a very prudent move right now.

see from Denmark we see much like those here have done. the key is affording it being able to store it,
    or use it. im sure in Denmark theyre not as nuts as many 'prepps' here are. Denmark has always been
    known as..rationale at least. (y)

being able to put that stuff up is fine for those who can, it doesnt offer much for over population and
    working on that, as an issue.
    years back when china said one child only---and early on it was one male child only---that was a
    global shock. it seemed to help for a while.

then walm opened and no one any longer seemed to gaf about pop or the inflating size of it.
    many a civilization went down due to over pop and lack of resources; all our rich and all our pols
    know this yet no one wants to talk about it Now.

it is a huge, and growing, topic. bigger than the "K" people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom