Earth... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

CrowFlies

Reaction score
    OK, new here. trying to start an Earth thread.
    lets see if i did this correctly.

there is water in the reservoir again. it went dry last May when they opened the flow for down stream IRR.
    it was DRY. Nada. no aqua. empty. we walked across it, i found a shiny quarter on a dirt pile next
    to a small puddle left after the water drained to the west.

i have a doves nest 20ft from a window. i have binocs and watch them often. the young one is flapping his
    wings, building muscles to fly soon. he doesnt yet have much tail feather so he sits on the edge of the nest
    and watches and cleans, repeat. mom dad come back and he sucks the milk from moms throat...
    then she spits out the seeds she took in and baby moves around picking them all up.
    i think last year they lost the egg....i dont recall seeing all this activity or seeing them in the nest this long.

it looks like this time will be successful for them. :)

earth is having a tuff time but small things, in their short supply, are real nice to see.
    walking along the reservoir hearing birds ducks frogs..water lapping....is so refreshing and so
    pleasant.

not sure what the feelings will be when they open the dam for down stream and that "reservoir"
    becomes a big dirt flatland again. sigh.

lake powell is not opening the flow for downstream. they must keep enough water to provide HydroElec
    for CO NM. if the water goes any lower the hydro elec is gone.

in 120 years humans have changed the planets weather. not just an area like the Maya did, this time they
    altered the entire planets... weather.

Lee is looking for his two pontoon floaties....cant wait to see what theyre like. lol.
    they make inflatable paddle boards now....they seem to have taken over the kayak life.
    theyre made well but a bit heavy for where id be filling them and then launching them.

today at a diff locaton i used a cheap silly inflatable tied to a big rock and it did fine. :lol:.

we have so much grey sky smoke and dust in here its silly. cant see but 1/2 a mile in any direction.
    but water felt fine. dogs had a good time at the water too.
    Maybe Lee on his floaties looks like this:

sbk-47957050141270485056557056574568g.jpg

Maybe Lee on his floaties looks like this:

sbk-47957050141270485056557056574568g.jpg
    sam, that would Not shock me a bit!!!

cant wait to see what he's gonna haul out of storage!!

for now...my lil tubey thingy is fine to sit and get wet and have the dog nearby onshore.

...i mean...at least i can get WET!!! and cool.....yah...cool.
    i roped it to a big rock and fell in it and did fine. had rope around my leg too so i could
    pull in as needed. got a kayak paddle too so i could push off the rocks and steer a bit. LOL.

someone posted elsewhere here...that this EE forum areas was ignored, so i guess
    thats why this Earth thread is.

its a big board with lots of nooks crannies and im still trying to figger it out.
    didnt know how hidden this was.

what was that....had these weird things falling down and hitting on things..leaving wet
    marks...like..."drops" on windows and vehicles....
    is that what is normally called..."rain"...drops...??

been so long i dont know.

someone posted elsewhere here...that this EE forum areas was ignored, so i guess
    thats why this Earth thread is.

its a big board with lots of nooks crannies and im still trying to figger it out.
    didnt know how hidden this was.
    Yeah, I would move it to the Main Community Board forum. Just start a new Earth thread there, and allow this one to lapse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom