Does Trump ever do any jail time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    The Manhattan District Attorney's Office was just weeks away from filing criminal charges against then-President Donald Trump at the end of the 2020, but backed off when city lawyers downplayed Trump's alleged undervaluing of a historic building in the Financial District, Mark Pomerantz, former special assistant district attorney, says in his new book, "People vs. Donald Trump," out Tuesday.

Pomerantz was initially brought onto the Trump investigation as a consultant at the end of 2020 by the inquiry's leading prosecutor, Carey Dunne.

During a call with other "legal eagles" recruited to advise then-Manhattan DA Cy Vance's office on the investigation into Trump, Pomerantz said he was told that the district was "considering bringing criminal charges against Trump in a matter of weeks, not months."

Investigators wanted to charge Trump for allegedly undervaluing his stake in 40 Wall Street, a building in lower Manhattan. While Trump valued his interest in the building as high as $527 million in a 2012 financial document, he told tax authorities his interest was only worth between $16-$19 million.

"This figure was so low as to be absurd," Pomerantz said, given that the The New York Times reported just months prior that yearly rental income for the building had risen to over $40 million by 2018.

"This meant that he told the tax authorities that the overall value of his interest in 40 Wall Street was less than what he was earning in a single year!" Pomerantz explained.

Prosecutors explained to Pomerantz and other legal experts on a call at the end of 2020 that Trump "had personally signed forms attesting to the accuracy of the absurdly low valuation" and that Trump's tax filings looked fraudulent.

The role of Pomerantz and the other legal experts brought to consult on the case was to "provide a reality check" on whether it was a good idea to charge Trump, given that accusing a sitting president of financial crimes "would be a dramatic step of cosmic significance."..............

In January, yet another classified document was found at Mar-A-Lago, and was also electronically copied onto the laptop of an aide. The document and the laptop were turned over to federal officials.

ATLANTA (AP) — A Georgia judge on Monday ordered the partial release later this week of a report by a special grand jury that investigated efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn his 2020 election loss.

The report’s introduction and conclusion, as well as a section in which the grand jurors expressed concerns that some witnesses may have lied under oath, will be released on Thursday, said Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney.

Any recommendations on who should or should not be prosecuted will remain secret for now to protect their due process rights, McBurney wrote……

Jack Smith isn't playing...

General Hertling says he's not a lawyer, but it sounds like a big deal to him.

I saw where Pence is going to fight his subpoena by saying he was a member of the Legislative branch due to his position as President of the Senate. Back when Jan 6 committee wanted him to testify he claimed they had no right to his testimony because he was a member of the Executive Branch.

Punk arse move. I sure hope the Judicial branch can put this to bed and force him to testify. He wrote a book and gave interviews, for crying out loud. What a bastage.

I saw where Pence is going to fight his subpoena by saying he was a member of the Legislativeca

Mike Pence is one of the strangest, weirdest individuals in political history. Here is a guy that still won't call out/cross Trump after he did nothing (but encourage the violent traitors) whilst not just Pence, but Pence and his FAMILY.....Were in danger at the Capital....I mean, I think everyone has experienced or can give a clear example of party over country (it's exactly what the R's aspire to) but party over FAMILY? Total and utter insanity, were it me I would have to be restrained from physically attacking Trump.....

Trump lunatics abound still. If Pence publicly turns on Trump he and his family will face death threats for the rest of their lives.

They are probably getting them anyways....makes no sense to me....

Trump lunatics abound still. If Pence publicly turns on Trump he and his family will face death threats for the rest of their lives.

Probably so. But if he’a compelled to testify to the grand jury and if the prosecutors are any good (they will be) he’s going to have to be truthful. Of course, grand jury testimony isn’t public but it could be revealed if it forms the basis of an indictment and will be part of the government’s case.

I saw where Pence is going to fight his subpoena by saying he was a member of the Legislative branch due to his position as President of the Senate. Back when Jan 6 committee wanted him to testify he claimed they had no right to his testimony because he was a member of the Executive Branch.

Punk arse move. I sure hope the Judicial branch can put this to bed and force him to testify. He wrote a book and gave interviews, for crying out loud. What a bastage.

Harry Litman's piece on it does a good job of explaining how these different threads intertwine, the legal standards, and why he thinks it will ultimately fail.

I would like to think it will fail. Just makes me mad that he is such a worm as to try it.

Donald Trump missed his chance to use his DNA to try to prove he did not rape the writer E Jean Carroll, a federal judge said on Wednesday, clearing a potential roadblock to an April trial.

The judge, Lewis A Kaplan, rejected the 11th-hour offer by Trump’s legal team to provide a DNA sample to rebut claims Carroll first made publicly in a 2019 book.

Kaplan said lawyers for Trump and Carroll had more than three years to make DNA an issue in the case and both chose not to do so.

He said it would almost surely delay the trial scheduled to start on 25 April to reopen the DNA issue four months after the deadline passed to litigate concerns over trial evidence and weeks before trial.

Trump’s lawyers did not immediately comment. Carroll’s attorney, Roberta Kaplan, declined to comment.

Carroll’s lawyers have sought Trump’s DNA for three years to compare it with stains found on the dress Carroll wore the day she says Trump raped her in a department store dressing room in late 1995 or early 1996. Analysis of DNA on the dress concluded it did contain traces of an unknown man’s DNA.

Trump has denied knowing Carroll, saying repeatedly he never raped her and accusing her of making the claim to stoke sales of her book. She has sued him for defamation and under a New York law which allows alleged victims of sexual assault to sue over alleged crimes outside the usual statute of limitations.

After refusing to provide a DNA sample, Trump’s lawyers switched tactics, saying they would provide one if Carroll’s lawyers turned over the full DNA report on the dress.

But Kaplan said Trump had provided no persuasive reason to relieve him of the consequences of his failure to seek the full DNA report in a timely fashion…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom