Does Trump ever do any jail time? (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    This one is a real shocker. 🙄 However, we had to listen to more than one Trump supporter earnestly maintaining that “he’s donating his salary! See, he’s just being president to make things better!”

Apart from a relatively brief mention in its 800-page report, the Jan. 6 committee missed the Constitution’s preferred punishment for former high officials turned insurrectionists.

The committee tries to persuade Americans that criminal prosecution is the only adequate response to Donald Trump’s systematic efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Nearly forgotten debates over ratification of the 14th Amendment point to a better, less divisive approach. Nowadays, the amendment is best known for the Section 1 guarantee of “equal protection of the laws.” At the time of the debates in 1868, however, Section 3 — barring insurrectionists from future elected offices — was the hot-button issue.

Section 3 targeted Jefferson Davis, a former U.S. senator who was president of the rebellious Confederacy, along with other leaders of the attempted overthrow of the U.S. Constitution.

These men had “taken an oath … to support the Constitution of the United States” before the Civil War, then betrayed their oath by joining in “insurrection” or “rebellion” during the conflict.

Section 3 explicitly barred them from holding “any office, civil or military, under the United States” unless “two-thirds of each House” of Congress lifted the ban……..

In calling for Trump’s criminal prosecution, the Jan. 6 committee is ignoring the Lincolnian principles embodied in the 14th Amendment. Committee members might also be underestimating the difficulty of a criminal prosecution.

Assuming he were indicted, Trump would not face a jury any time soon because his lawyers have demonstrated a remarkable ability to drag out court cases. In the meantime, he would remain free to pursue his ongoing campaign for the White House……

CNN) — Outgoing Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger said Sunday he fears for the future of the country if former President Donald Trump isn’t charged with a crime related to the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol, though he believes the Justice Department will “do the right thing.”

“If this is not a crime, I don’t know what is. If a president can incite an insurrection and not be held accountable, then really there’s no limit to what a president can do or can’t do,” the Illinois lawmaker told CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union.”

“I think the Justice Department will do the right thing. I think he will be charged, and I frankly think he should be,” Kinzinger said of Trump. “If he is not guilty of a crime, then I frankly fear for the future of this country.”…….

Maybe…..

I'm so tired of Garland and the pace of these investigations. The damage to DOJ has already been done. By the mere pace of these investigations in the face of overwhelming evidence, the DOJ has signaled to the country that former presidents are indeed not ordinary citizens like you and me. They get treated differently under the law. ANYONE else in America would already have been charged, cuffed and perp-walked for stealing classified documents.

Everyone in America, including his supporters, know that trump announced his run early to take advantage of the DOJ's policy about the appearance of influencing an election by charging trump. There was no need for a special prosecutor. Trump should have been charged when those docs were recovered after the search warrant was executed.

After months of closed door testimony, the special grand jury seated as part of the Fulton County, Georgia, investigation into potential 2020 election interference has finished its work and submitted its final report, according to a filing in the case Monday morning.

The special grand jury, which was seated in May 2022 as part of the investigation into former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the election, heard testimony from some of Trump's closet allies and supporters -- including lawyers Rudy Giuliani and John Eastman, and Sen. Lindsey Graham.

Now, the grand jury has delivered its report and officially has been dissolved, according to a court order by Judge Robert C. McBurney filed on Monday morning.

McBurney has set a Jan. 24 hearing to determine whether the report will be made public.

The special grand jury does not have the ability to return an indictment and can only make recommendations concerning criminal prosecution. Another grand jury would bring any possible charges, should they be brought............

NEW YORK — Longtime Trump Organization finance chief Allen Weisselberg, who pleaded guilty in August to 15 counts including tax fraud, conspiracy and grand larceny, on Tuesday was sentenced to serve five months in jail.

Authorities had promised Weisselberg a steeply reduced sentence in exchange for testifying against the Trump Organization. He had faced up to 15 years in prison.

Weisselberg, testifying as a witness for the prosecution during a Trump Organization criminal trial in New York Supreme Court in November, said on cross-examination that he was embarrassed by his conduct and that his actions betrayed the Trump family, for whom he had worked for a half-century. Weisselberg testified that he was acting only for his own benefit............

I doubt they gave him that lenient a sentence for simply implicating himself.
    That’s what his testimony was. I read it was to secure his cooperation against the organization. He refused to implicate Trump, according to what I read. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom