Does Trump ever do any jail time? (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Even as Donald Trump prepares to dial up his campaign to take back the White House, the former US president’s political and personal fate may already have been decided by the secret workings of a grand jury in Georgia.

The 23-member panel, convened to consider whether Trump and others committed crimes in trying to overturn his defeat in Georgia when it appeared the state might decide the outcome of the entire 2020 presidential election, was dissolved on Monday after submitting its conclusions and asking that they be made public.

If the grand jury’s report recommends prosecution, a county district attorney in Atlanta, Fani Willis, will face the most consequential decision of her career – whether, for the first time in American history, to charge a former president with a criminal offence.

That could result in Trump sitting behind bars in Georgia when he expects to be out on the campaign trail. Provided he is not already serving time as the result of a federal investigation into his attempts to pressure election officials in several other states to rig the vote and his part in the 6 January 2021 storming of the Capitol.

A judge has scheduled a hearing later this month to consider arguments over whether the grand jury’s report should be made public while Willis, the Fulton county district attorney, scrutinises its findings……

I wasn’t sure were to out this, so I stuck it here.

Trump is being sued for sexual assault by E. Jean Carroll. One of Trumps biggest claims for his defense is that it’s clearly a lie because she is not his type.

Well, his own big mouth destroyed thst defense. Apparently, during his deposition, he saw a picture and said it was his ex-wife Marla Maples. The problem is that it was a photo of Ms Carroll from around the time she claims he assaulted her.

Trump is being sued for sexual assault by E. Jean Carroll. One of Trumps biggest claims for his defense is that it’s clearly a lie because she is not his type.

Well, his own big mouth destroyed thst defense. Apparently, during his deposition, he saw a picture and said it was his ex-wife Marla Maples. The problem is that it was a photo of Ms Carroll from around the time she claims he assaulted her.
    God-DAYUMN how I wish perjury was a crime.

open mouth, insert foot.

Most of the interior space was taken up by a McDonalds restaurant, which had a framed photograph on the wall of Donald Trump eating the very first Filet-O-Fish sandwich fried in the building.
    There was very little inside that could be described as literary, but there was one bookshelf that featured the following books for sale authored by various personalities in Trump’s political orbit:
    • Mike Pence — “Getting Hard: How The Trump-Pence Presidency Erected Global Leadership
    • Mike Pompeo — “A Book Of Poems For Iowa And New Hampshire To Earn Their Vote In 2024
    • Ivanka Trump — “Glass Ceiling: If I Could Become An Executive Advisor To The President, Any Girl Can
    • Jared Kushner — “Boy Wonder: How I Brought Peace To The Middle East By Just Ignoring The Palestinians
    • Lindsey Graham — “101 Ways To End Ted Cruz On The Senate Floor”
    • Donald Trump Jr. — “Presidents’ Sons: 45 Reasons Why I’m A Better Son Than Hunter Biden
    • Elaine Chao — “Senate Kama Sutra: Illustrated Lessons I Learned On Sensual Passion With My Magnificent Lover, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
    • Steven Mnuchin — “Steve Of Arabia: One Man’s Journey To Get $2 Billion From The Saudi Government
    • Rick Perry — “The Student Secretary: Why I Stopped Trying To Kill The Department Of Energy After I Learned What It Did
    • Eric Trump — “The Art Of The Deal: Children’s Cancer Charity Edition
    • Ben Carson — “From Parietal Lobes to Pyramids: How a Surgeon Upset A Millennia Of Misunderstanding About Ancient Egypt’s Granaries
    • Melania Trump — “Becoming Melania” (Not to be confused with Michelle Obama’s book titled “Becoming”)
    • Kevin McCarthy — “Things Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Matt Gaetz Told Me To Write Or They’d Kill My Chances of Becoming Speaker of the House
    • Jeff Sessions — “Paradise Lost: How A Little Moderation From Slave Masters Could Have Prevented The Civil War, Emancipation, & Civil Rights
    • Mitch McConnell — “The Complete Field Guide On Freshwater Turtles Of Kentucky
    • Sarah Huckabee Sanders — “Make Arkansas Great Again… For The First Time
    • Stephen Miller — “101 Ways To Get Away With Murder And Then Eat The Bodies
    • Betsy DeVos — “Voucher Nation: How Charter Schools Can Sneak Segregation Back Into Schools
    • Paul Ryan — “Jellyfish: The Wisdom Of Nature’s Spineless Beauties
    • Herman Cain — “Taking A Stand: One Man’s Courageous Battle Against Fascist Mask Mandates” (Posthumously published)

In a lengthy, wild response to the New Yorkattorney general’s $250 lawsuit alleging widespread fraud across his business empire, attorneys for Donald Trump and his three eldest children have argued that the “Trump Organization” at the centre of her blockbuster case against them cannot be sued because it does not legally exist.

The filing argues that the “Trump Organization” is used by the defendants only for “branding and business purposes” and that “no entity as such exists for legal purposes”, an argument that is repeated dozens of times across a 300-page document……..

In a lengthy, wild response to the New Yorkattorney general’s $250 lawsuit alleging widespread fraud across his business empire, attorneys for Donald Trump and his three eldest children have argued that the “Trump Organization” at the centre of her blockbuster case against them cannot be sued because it does not legally exist.

It's an interesting take given that the name "Trump Organization, Inc." is but one of a list of named defendants. And the answer is only on behalf of the Trust.

……According to legal experts, including a group at the Brookings Institution and Georgia State University law professor Clark D. Cunningham, a few could be in play.

Below is a look at the various crimes that could be cited, along with the past conduct pointing in that direction and how compelling the publicly available evidence is.

Solicitation to commit election fraud

This involves inducing someone else to commit a crime involving an election. There are both felony and misdemeanor versions, depending upon whether the underlying crime is a felony or misdemeanor.

Georgia law makes it a crime “when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a [felony/misdemeanor] under this article, he or she solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct.

“Potential solicitations Trump made include calling Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) and urging him to “find 11,780 votes.”

Another is his call to Georgia’s chief election investigator, Frances Watson, in which he urged her to uncover “dishonesty” in her investigation into absentee ballot signatures and assured her, “When the right answer comes out, you’ll be praised.” (Recordings of both calls were published by The Post.)……

Conspiracy to commit election fraud

This is related to the above, but it involves working with others to put a plan in motion.
The law states that it’s illegal when someone “conspires or agrees with another to commit a violation of” Georgia election law. Even if election law isn’t ultimately violated, it’s still a crime when there’s “an overt act in furtherance” of a violation.

Whether this charge might apply to Trump’s conduct would depend heavily on what prosecutors determine to be the underlying crime. The potential underlying crimes could include trying to persuade state legislators to overturn the election results, the push for fake electors, or interfering with Raffensperger and Watson in the performance of their election duties, among other actions.

A charge of “conspiracy to commit election fraud” could thus involve Trump’s work with lawyers like Rudy Giuliani and John Eastman or with former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Intentional interference with performance of election duties

Georgia makes it a misdemeanor to “intentionally interfere with, hinder, or delay or attempt to interfere with, hinder, or delay any other person in the performance of any act or duty authorized or imposed by” its election law.

The question would be whether Trump’s suggestions, his potential threats about Raffensperger taking a “big risk,” and conduct such as pushing Watson to speed up her investigation fall under that category.

Interference with primaries and elections/filing false documents

Georgia law makes it illegal to “tamper with any electors list.”
This law could apply to the fake-electors plot, if prosecutors determine that the intent was to interfere with Georgia’s election process or Congress’s ability to certify the election results. (Some legal experts have suggested that the certificate the fake electors submitted to Congress was itself illegal, because on it, they falsely claimed to be “duly elected.”)…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom