Does Trump ever do any jail time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Whatever charges end up being brought I hope it’s required that he testify with a Hillary Clinton Benghazi style eight hour grilling
    Well then you can bank on him getting jailed .

That dude could not talk for five seconds with out a lie how in hell is he gonna do 8 plus hours?

Whatever charges end up being brought I hope it’s required that he testify with a Hillary Clinton Benghazi style eight hour grilling
    I would like to see it too. Even though it would be in his best interest to repeatedly plead the 5th, I think his impulse control issues would get the best of him.

Well, it is 24 hours since he stopped being president. Have we heard about any charges ?
    In due time. There is no need to rush into this. Besides, if there were charges this week, Republican insurrectionists in congress would be screaming foul. I'd rather they make sure they have all their ducks in a row prior to making anything public. I would venture to guess that nothing will happen until his impeachment trial is complete.

In due time. There is no need to rush into this. Besides, if there were charges this week, Republican insurrectionists in congress would be screaming foul. I'd rather they make sure they have all their ducks in a row prior to making anything public. I would venture to guess that nothing will happen until his impeachment trial is complete.
    But I got the impression that the legal cases wheren't coming from Congress, but from various States (New York/Manhatten being the leaders), as well as private individuals. Why would THEY wait ?

But I got the impression that the legal cases wheren't coming from Congress, but from various States (New York/Manhatten being the leaders), as well as private individuals. Why would THEY wait ?
    The states would wait out of deference to the completion of the political process. There is no reason for them to rush in prior to the impeachment trial's completion.

The Manhattan DA has specifically been waiting to get his hands on Trump's financial documents, which have been tied up in litigation due to the whole "I'm president" thing. Now that that's no longer the case, I'm sure that will be coming to an end and they will move forward with their investigation.

The Manhattan DA has specifically been waiting to get his hands on Trump's financial documents, which have been tied up in litigation due to the whole "I'm president" thing. Now that that's no longer the case, I'm sure that will be coming to an end and they will move forward with their investigation.

And I suspect Trump will claim that because he's a former President, he can continue to stall the process of obtaining his financial information, among other things. So it might take a little time to sort through all of that. Hopefully not too long though. I'd like to get to where we don't have to worry about him running again.

Doesn't apply to them, but for congress...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom