Does Trump ever do any jail time? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    So today Trump admitted that he had the documents and tonight Trump’s lawyers conceded that the requested special master should have a TS/SCI clearance.

So much for the “I declassified!” position.

in non law speak….what is his defense??? I don’t get it.

He hasn't been charged yet so he doesn't need to have a defense per se. He's trying to fight the search warrant seizure but with bullshirt arguments and even worse support for them. I think the best he's going to do is a special master to review on the limited basis of attorney-client privilege, but that's so silly, it would only be to placate him (which is a stupid reason).

Otherwise, DOJ now has hundreds of documents that were classified that he had and shouldn't have had . . . and some of which he obstructed and his representatives mischaracterized or falsely attested about. So all this now is really a side show. He's not getting the material back - even if he prevails on some very limited review of attorney-client privilege documents (which isn't what DOJ is after anyway).

The real question is what does DOJ do with charging and when does it do it? All of this court stuff now is a side show. But during it, Trump is making admissions - because he continues to think that he should be able to have this stuff, just because he should and the rules don't apply to him. Whether Merrick Garland is going to bring reality to that perception remains to be seen.

Ironically, he has placed the doj in a position where they have to indict. Garland cannot say no one is above the law and then not indict after releasing that pic from yesterday. All of us would’ve been in jail last year.

Probably true - and Trump believes that his best counter play is to call it out as politically motivated and a sham at every turn in the hopes that either political pressure from the GOP or civil unrest will somehow save him. It's his same old playbook - but his ranks of allies have indeed gotten smaller and as DOJ continues to present the evidence (which is happening because Trump demanded it), it may become less and less reasonable for the MAGAs to take the streets over this.

Of course it's also entirely possible for him to get indicted, plea, and come out on the other side and still run in 2024. One would imagine that he would have been substantially damaged by that but you never know with these forking people.

Alina Habba on TV tonight again trying to make herself a fact witness in the case against her client.

I said before that she's not experienced enough to know the game she's playing in right now and this is more evidence of that. Representation has to end when the lawyer is a fact witness in the case in which the lawyer represents a client . . . that's in every state's rule of professional conduct.

Probably true - and Trump believes that his best counter play is to call it out as politically motivated and a sham at every turn in the hopes that either political pressure from the GOP or civil unrest will somehow save him. It's his same old playbook - but his ranks of allies have indeed gotten smaller and as DOJ continues to present the evidence (which is happening because Trump demanded it), it may become less and less reasonable for the MAGAs to take the streets over this.

Of course it's also entirely possible for him to get indicted, plea, and come out on the other side and still run in 2024. One would imagine that he would have been substantially damaged by that but you never know with these forking people.
    I believe that playbook would’ve reasonably worked had he not called for the release of the affidavit, threatened garland, and called for a special master. The doj would’ve continued their discreet investigation and allowed him to build that political discourse. This current both sides media would be incapable of calling out the bs. Instead, trump’s team gave doj an avenue to reply.

Alina Habba on TV tonight again trying to make herself a fact witness in the case against her client.

I said before that she's not experienced enough to know the game she's playing in right now and this is more evidence of that. Representation has to end when the lawyer is a fact witness in the case in which the lawyer represents a client . . . that's in every state's rule of professional conduct.

Is doj just collecting more data or just maybe not show their hand before interrogating her and the one who signed the affidavit? Seems like they more than ample evidence to do so.

I believe that playbook would’ve reasonably worked had he not called for the release of the affidavit, threatened garland, and called for a special master. The doj would’ve continued their discreet investigation and allowed him to build that political discourse. This current both sides media would be incapable of calling out the bs. Instead, trump’s team gave doj an avenue to reply.

Unforced errors are core Trump.

There is, LITERALLY, one person on planet Earth that thought the FBI found the documents spread out on the floor.
    I stand corrected!

She should do the world a favor and stop talking about how classified documents are handled because everything she said was wrong. In fact, she should just stop talking.

is it okay and time to be cautiously optimistic that THIS is the thing that brings about the downfall of Donald Trump and the dissolution of his MAGA cult?

is it okay and time to be cautiously optimistic that THIS is the thing that brings about the downfall of Donald Trump and the dissolution of his MAGA cult?

Possibly the downfall of Trump as a viable political candidate, but definitely not the dissolution of the cult - it will re-orient and remain both a political force.

is it wrong every time i see her name, i start humming softly "Ali Habba and the 40 thieves"?

I'm at the point now where I wonder if she is TRYING to get out of representing him, and figures that if she's a witness in the case, she will be forced to recuse herself as his attorney.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom