Does Trump ever do any jail time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Not to mention how his kids were just in our faces with influence peddling and accepting benefits (bribes) from China.

Is this like impeachment.3? I remember when all the evidence was in plain sight and Trump was going to go to jail.

At some point, you have to see that this is all political theatre for the midterms, right?
    I see, so actual evidence of criminal activity by Trump = political theater

But rumors and conspiracy theories about Biden = evidence that he is more corrupt than Trump.

You cannot possibly be this far down the rabbit hole, can you? Even you cannot be this blind to facts?

hahahahahahaha.

This is sad, even from you.

Trump, literally, fraudulently created shell companies to make it look like his various buildings were spending a lot more on repairs than they really were, to justify rent increases. He was literally cheating normal people. And he even blatently was trying to force out rent controlled folks in one building, also cut off heat, hot water, etc. I get that you probably don't care about his massive tax fraud, because you probably think taxation is theft, but what he did to normal people is just wrong on so many levels. Many were elderly.

https://apnews.com/press-release/pr...-governments-7317f1673a471d118ea1b06c305754d7

This one is probably behind a paywall, but I have a subscription. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b774a0-da15-11eb-bb9e-70fda8c37057_story.html

This is behind a paywall.

Whataboutism, am I right? Is Trump, the boogeyman, still in office? He is not, and I hope he never gets back to any office, so I really don't care what he and his corrupt kids did. I do care about what the sitting president and his curupt kids are doing though, since we seem to be marching to WW3 under the leadership of bureaucracy

Again, define corrupt. And what politicians has 0 corruption to you? Is there anyone who can lead us?
    Sadly, I can't think of anyone to lead us. DeSantis is my vote right now though.

Or Kamala, she is so impressive

I see, so actual evidence of criminal activity by Trump = political theater

But rumors and conspiracy theories about Biden = evidence that he is more corrupt than Trump.

You cannot possibly be this far down the rabbit hole, can you? Even you cannot be this blind to facts?
    I am that blind by 'facts'. Oh, I think Trump was corrupt. I don't think I ever said he wasn't. If you want to compare levels of political corruption, Biden might be leading that race though.

I am that blind by 'facts'. Oh, I think Trump was corrupt. I don't think I ever said he wasn't. If you want to compare levels of political corruption, Biden might be leading that race though.
    In order to rationally maintain that position, one would think proof would be required. Facts of some sort, actual verified truth instead of lies and conspiracies. Maybe that’s just me though.

In order to rationally maintain that position, one would think proof would be required. Facts of some sort, actual verified truth instead of lies and conspiracies. Maybe that’s just me though.
    Well, most of that came out during the election so the media, being a democratic arm, ruled it was Russian disinformation and the big tech buried the stories.
    Now it turns out the laptops, the email accounts were in fact real.

Also, the key word was 'political' corruption as Trump was not in the political game as much as the Biden family. Criminal corruption, that could be up in the air.

Whataboutism, am I right? Is Trump, the boogeyman, still in office? He is not, and I hope he never gets back to any office, so I really don't care what he and his corrupt kids did. I do care about what the sitting president and his curupt kids are doing though, since we seem to be marching to WW3 under the leadership of bureaucracy
    Dude this is even a joke for you. If you can't actually see how the last administration made this mess that Biden is dealing with by the things he did to Ukraine while in office it is hopeless to even discuss anything what so ever with you. Withholding arms sales, undermining an elected president by pulling effective diplomats like Yovanovitch to play his games. The list goes on and on what the last administration did to undermine the Ukrainians government.

Have fun with this fairy tale world you live in where the last administration did exactly nothing in the making of this war.

Farb: What was on the laptop that proves Biden’s corruption? (spoiler: there was nothing on there). Not only that, but it isn’t even clear who has it now, who had it before, or who tampered with it in the meantime. IIRC, the laptop itself isn’t available, just a “mirror” of its hard drive. Supposedly. Last I read the story was so convoluted and so speculative that it really needs to be ignored. It’s a bunch of crap, honestly. (Oh, snap! Somehow I managed to read about it back then even though it was supposedly ignored according to you.)

Your sources consistently twist facts and leave out anything that doesn’t fit their narrative. I would think that you would have learned that by now. Every story you bring here to show your “outrage” over something is soon debunked. Does it never make you think about how you’re not being given the whole story?

Just like the narrative I’ve seen recently that Biden is somehow stopping oil and gas production in the US. It’s just simply not true yet every single right wing source (well, the shady ones, so almost every, lol) is running with that story. Fact is the US pumped more oil in Biden’s first year than in Trump’s first year. Another item I read is that there are about 900 approved drilling permits that aren’t being pursued by the oil companies. In some of the sources I read Biden has been criticized because they think he isn’t doing enough to cut back on fossil fuels. This tells me he’s setting a pretty moderate course on this topic.

So, even though this gas and oil narrative is pretty much false, they (R politicians and RW media) run with it. They know people will not check the facts and will just believe it because it fits their narrative.

Similar to the way that you believe, absent any real proof, that this “laptop” somehow proves that Biden is corrupt. People in the US just have to get better about being hoodwinked by obvious bullshirt like this. They just have to, or we are in deep trouble.

So it sounds like this is a legit legal defense

==================================
    It happened again!

With the resignation of Carey Dunne and Mark Pomerantz, two top prosecutors leading the Manhattan district attorney's criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump and his business, it appears that Trump has, yet again, escaped accountability.

This time, that may not be a bad thing. Based on publicly available evidence, it would be unwise for the DA's office to bring charges against Trump.

Prosecutors in Manhattan had been investigating whether Trump and the Trump Organization misled lenders and others by providing false or misleading financial statements about Trump properties. Trump has denied the allegations, calling the investigation a partisan "witch hunt."

Notably, the decision not to proceed with presenting evidence to a grand jury was made by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, a Democrat. Bragg said the case is still active, but the resignations and grand jury point make clear that the case is all but closed.

Did he puff up the value of his properties, or not? The question seems painfully straightforward. It's not. I have been a lawyer for nearly 20 years, with part of that time as a federal prosecutor. I have found that one of the most confounding concepts to explain to others is "criminal intent": the defendant's mental state that prosecutors must establish to convict him. Cases rise and fall on whether prosecutors can prove intent, which varies from crime to crime.

Here, prosecutors would have had to prove not just that he inflated the value of his assets, but that he intended to break the law by doing so. It is a subtle but profound distinction, and one in which the cliché "ignorance of the law is no excuse" doesn't apply cleanly.

Gumming things up is the fact that property valuation is inherently subjective. For instance, the fact that I might genuinely believe that my home is worth $50 million dollars (for the record, it is not) would complicate prosecutors' ability to prosecute me for conveying that belief to a lender.

Financial fraud cases are most easily proven on the strength of electronic documents linking the defendant to misconduct. However, Trump is notorious for using computers and email infrequently. Here, there wasn't likely to be a smoking-gun email or document pulled from the defendant's hard drive or cell phone.

This fact might not be fatal, if other evidence, particularly from witnesses, could have helped establish his state of mind. But who would testify against him? Trump is famously surrounded by loyal senior staff. For instance, Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization's longtime finance chief facing criminal tax charges, might have been a promising candidate to testify, but he resisted pressure from prosecutors to do so. (Weisselberg maintains his innocence.) And, thus far, it doesn't appear that prosecutors can get solid on-the-record testimony from anyone else in the inner circle..............

Put another way, the fact that something might be true doesn't mean that even the best prosecutors will be able to establish it in court.

That truth is not comforting to people who are frustrated by the fact that nothing seems to stick to Trump. They are onto something; it cannot be coincidental when the same individual or organizations with his name on them face, at once, a civil investigation regarding property valuation from the New York attorney general; separate criminal investigations from the Fulton County, Georgia, and Westchester County, New York, district attorneys and the Washington, DC, attorney general; civil suits alleging election misconduct in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, and Michigan; a defamation suit by a voting machine company; congressional investigations into his tax returns, conflicts of interest, the lease of his Washington, DC, hotel and potential mishandling of government documents; civil suits from multiple police officers who were injured on January 6; an allegation from the January 6 House Select Committee that he was part of a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States; a defamation suit from someone who has accused him of sexual assault; and a suit from his niece alleging fraud around her inheritance. And those were just the ones I could remember. (Trump, the Trump Organization and his campaign deny wrongdoing in all.)

Those who are frustrated are right to be upset.........

We'll see
    ==================

Attorney General Merrick Garland stressed that he is committed to investigating the events of Jan. 6 in comments marking his first anniversary leading the Justice Department on Thursday.

Last week, the Jan. 6 Select Committee alleged that former President Trump and his allies “engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States.” Lawyers for the committee alleged in a court filing that the former president and key allies engaged in criminal acts in trying to pressure former Vice President Pence to overturn the results of the 2020 election. According to the committee, Trump’s criminal culpability may include: obstruction of an official proceeding, conspiracy to defraud the U.S. and common law fraud.

Some Democrats in Congress, which include members of the committee, urged the Justice Department to step up its investigation to look more closely at Trump’s Big Lie efforts, arguing there is a good faith basis to believe Trump committed unlawful acts with his pressure campaign aimed at Pence.

In an exclusive interview with NPR published Thursday, Garland called the Capitol insurrection “the most urgent investigation in the history of the Justice Department.” Garland said the DOJ won’t avoid cases that are “political or cases that are controversial or sensitive.”

“What we are avoiding is making decisions on a political basis, on a partisan basis,” Garland told NPR.

“We begin with the cases that are right in front of us with the overt actions and then we build from there,” Garland continued. “And that is a process that we will continue to build until we hold everyone accountable who committed criminal acts with respect to January 6.”

Garland also stressed the amount of resources being dedicated to investigating the events of Jan. 6 across the country, with every FBI office and almost every U.S. attorney’s office in the U.S. making efforts to unravel the conspiracy behind the deadly Capitol insurrection.

“We’ve issued thousands of subpoenas, seized and examined thousands of electronic devices, examined terabytes of data, thousands of hours of videos. People are working every day, 24-7, and are fully aware of how important this is,” Garland told NPR. “This had to do with the interference with the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to another. And it doesn’t get more important than that.”.............

No you don't. You didn't 4 years ago.

Also, you can't claim whataboutism, when you literally said Biden's family is more corrupt than the Bush and Clinton family. You invited comparison.

No you don't. You didn't 4 years ago.

Also, you can't claim whataboutism, when you literally said Biden's family is more corrupt than the Bush and Clinton family. You invited comparison.
    To Bush and Clinton maybe, but not to the lefts orange man, that is just the standard left's screetch of projection.
    Why can we not discuss Biden and Hunter Biden, the sitting president and his son who was receiving money from Ukraine without saying "well, that is not as bad as TRUMP!" It is just silly partisan politics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom