Capitol Riot arrests (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

Something my girlfriend says often,

If you show up to a protest, either for or against something, (it doesn't matter), and people with the same opinion you do are there wearing Camp Auschwitz shirts, you really need to ask yourself some questions, starting with "Do I want to be associated in any way with these people?"
    ===================================================================

Federal prosecutors say a Virginia man who wore a “Camp Auschwitz” sweatshirt while joining the Capitol riot should serve 75 days in jail, despite pleading guilty to a petty misdemeanor charged that has earned other defendants probationary sentences.

Robert Packer, 57, of Newport News, pleaded guilty in January to one misdemeanor count of parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building. He was scheduled to be sentenced in May, but that hearing was continued at his attorney’s request............

camp.jpg

Not saying this is the case here but more than a few people are saying in court how remorseful they are but their tweets and facebook posts tell a different story
    =================================================================================

A man who pleaded guilty earlier this year to assaulting a D.C. police officer during the January 6th Capitol riots is pleading for leniency by telling a judge that he is "ashamed" of his actions that day.

In a new court filing flagged by NBC News' Ryan Reilly, Capitol rioter Kyle Young says he deeply regrets not only attending the riot, but bringing his teenage son with him.

Young, who pleaded guilty to grabbing former D.C. cop Michael Fanone as another rioter repeatedly assaulted him with Fanone's own stun gun, told the court that he "was a nervous wreck and highly ashamed of myself" after he came home from the riot and learned that "over 180 officers had been severely injured and hospitalized" during the event.

"I broke down crying," he wrote. "I just didn't know what to do. A couple weeks later I saw my face on the FBI's most wanted list. I immediately turned myself in to the U.S. Federal Marshals."..........

A man who was seen crushing a Metropolitan Police Department officer in a door frame during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot has been convicted of nine offenses, seven of them felonies, the Justice Department said Tuesday. Patrick McCaughey III, 25, of Ridgefield, Connecticut, and two others were convicted on multiple charges in a bench trial by U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden, an appointee of former President Trump.............

I think a lot of things when seeing footage of far-right gatherings/rallies, and Super Happy Fun are not among them
    ======================================================================================

A former Massachusetts town official pleaded guilty on Wednesday to joining a mob in storming the U.S. Capitol after she organized a bus trip to Washington, D.C., for fellow members of a right-wing group called “Super Happy Fun America.”

Before her guilty plea, Suzanne Ianni had argued in February that federal authorities had selectively targeted her for prosecution based on her political beliefs. Prosecutors said her political views played no role in charging her with crimes for her conduct at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. A judge didn't rule on Ianni's request to dismiss the case before she pleaded guilty.

Ianni, 60, of Natick, Massachusetts, faces a maximum sentence of six months of imprisonment and five years of probation after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct in a Capitol building. U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols is scheduled to sentence her on Dec. 2.

Ianni was an elected member of Natick Town Meeting in a Boston suburb while serving as operation director of Super Happy Fun America, which gained national notoriety for organizing a “Straight Pride Parade” in Boston in 2019...........

Last edited:
    A conversation between a federal judge and a lawyer for one of the Oath Keepers charged with seditious conspiracy ended in a screaming match on Wednesday, when the lawyer suggested she would argue at trial that her client deleted evidence after the riot because he was directed to by another lawyer.

Juli Haller, who represents Oath Keeper Kelly Meggs, told US District Judge Amit Mehta that she was exploring whether to argue that the Oath Keepers general counsel, Kellye SoRelle, instructed Meggs to delete text messages from his phone after the riot.

Meggs has since been charged with tampering with documents for the alleged act and has pleaded not guilty.

“How is it today, 10 days before trial, I’m first being told you might advance an advice-of-counsel-defense,” Mehta shouted at Haller.

The argument is indicative of the many legal issues that have yet to be resolved before the five leaders of the far-right Oath Keepers militia group head to trial later this month – the first seditious conspiracy trial stemming from January 6.

The trial will be a major test of DOJ’s decision to prosecute the rarely used charge, and the unsettled legal disagreements could implicate how they chose to present their case.........

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Michigan man was sentenced on Friday to five years in federal prison for his role in the U.S. Capitol attack by a mob that disrupted Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.

Chief Judge Beryl Howell also sentenced Anthony Robert Williams, 47, of Southgate, Michigan, to three years of supervised release after his prison term and ordered him to pay $2,000 in restitution and a $5,000 fine, according to a U.S. Justice Department news release.

In June, a jury convicted Williams of a felony count of obstructing the Jan. 6, 2021, joint session of Congress for certifying the Electoral College vote. Jurors also convicted him of four related misdemeanor offenses.

Prosecutors had recommended a prison sentence of five years and four months for Williams, who was arrested in Detroit in March 2021.

In a Facebook post three days after the riot, Williams called himself an “Operation Swamp Storm veteran” and referred to Jan. 6 as the “proudest day of my life.” He added that it “felt like the founding fathers were smiling down on us in that room, and I guarantee my dad and gramps, both vets, would be proud.”

“Williams’ participation in the riot was purposeful, extensive, enthusiastic, and remorseless,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing…..

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Michigan man was sentenced on Friday to five years in federal prison for his role in the U.S. Capitol attack by a mob that disrupted Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.

Chief Judge Beryl Howell also sentenced Anthony Robert Williams, 47, of Southgate, Michigan, to three years of supervised release after his prison term and ordered him to pay $2,000 in restitution and a $5,000 fine, according to a U.S. Justice Department news release.

In June, a jury convicted Williams of a felony count of obstructing the Jan. 6, 2021, joint session of Congress for certifying the Electoral College vote. Jurors also convicted him of four related misdemeanor offenses.

Prosecutors had recommended a prison sentence of five years and four months for Williams, who was arrested in Detroit in March 2021.

In a Facebook post three days after the riot, Williams called himself an “Operation Swamp Storm veteran” and referred to Jan. 6 as the “proudest day of my life.” He added that it “felt like the founding fathers were smiling down on us in that room, and I guarantee my dad and gramps, both vets, would be proud.”

“Williams’ participation in the riot was purposeful, extensive, enthusiastic, and remorseless,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing…..

Five years in prison is gonna leave a mark. Good.

Hey, Williams, you azzhat. My bet is your grandfather and father would be utterly ashamed of you.

WASHINGTON (AP) — An Iowa man who was part of the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol believed a conspiracy theory that law enforcement officers would be arresting “all the corrupt politicians,” starting that day with then-Vice President Mike Pence, a defense attorney told jurors Tuesday.

Doug Jensen wore a shirt bearing the letter “Q” to express his adherence to the QAnon conspiracy theory when he joined the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. A viral video recorded by a reporter's cellphone showed Jensen running after a Capitol Police officer who was retreating from a crowd of rioters up a flight of stairs..........

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

good luck with that defense, although more than a few have gone with some version of 'my client is an easily manipulated moron'
    ===============================================================

WASHINGTON — A Jan. 6 rioter who has dressed up as Adolf Hitler and held a security clearance is scheduled to be sentenced in federal court judge Thursday.

Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, 32, of New Jersey, who was an Army reservist when he stormed the U.S. Capitol in January 2021, was convicted in May after he failed to convince jurors that he didn’t know that Congress met at the Capitol, a claim he made on the stand to avoid a conviction for obstruction of Congress.

“I know this sounds idiotic, but I’m from New Jersey,” Hale-Cusanelli told jurors when he said he didn't know Congress met at the Capitol. “I feel like an idiot, it sounds idiotic, and it is.”

U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden, a Trump-appointed judge who oversaw Hale-Cusanelli’s trial and will sentence him, said his testimony was "highly dubious" and indicated that he was open to a sentencing enhancement.

Federal prosecutors are seeking 6½ years in prison. Hale-Cusanelli was convicted on all five counts he faced, including a felony charge of obstruction of an official proceeding.........

good luck with that defense, although more than a few have gone with some version of 'my client is an easily manipulated moron'
    ===============================================================

WASHINGTON — A Jan. 6 rioter who has dressed up as Adolf Hitler and held a security clearance is scheduled to be sentenced in federal court judge Thursday.

Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, 32, of New Jersey, who was an Army reservist when he stormed the U.S. Capitol in January 2021, was convicted in May after he failed to convince jurors that he didn’t know that Congress met at the Capitol, a claim he made on the stand to avoid a conviction for obstruction of Congress.

“I know this sounds idiotic, but I’m from New Jersey,” Hale-Cusanelli told jurors when he said he didn't know Congress met at the Capitol. “I feel like an idiot, it sounds idiotic, and it is.”

U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden, a Trump-appointed judge who oversaw Hale-Cusanelli’s trial and will sentence him, said his testimony was "highly dubious" and indicated that he was open to a sentencing enhancement.

Federal prosecutors are seeking 6½ years in prison. Hale-Cusanelli was convicted on all five counts he faced, including a felony charge of obstruction of an official proceeding.........

Either he claims to be a moron or he actually is one. Lol.

Tucker Carlson suggests Election Justice Protestor
    ==================================

The U.S. Capitol rioter who posed for photos with his feet on Nancy Pelosi's desk doesn't want prosecutors to call him a rioter during his trial.

Attorneys for Richard "Bigo" Barnett, who faces multiple charges for his role in the Jan. 6 insurrection, submitted a list of descriptive terms they hope a judge will prohibit prosecutors from using to describe the Arkansas man and other Donald Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol to help overturn the 2020 election results.

"Specifically, Mr. Barnett requests that this Honorable Court order the exclusion of 'terrorism,' 'terrorist,' 'insurrection,' 'insurrectionist,' 'mob,' 'rioter,' 'treason,' 'traitor,' 'sedition,' 'conspiracy,' 'attack on the Capitol,' "attack on democracy,' 'threat to democracy,' 'attack on Congress,' 'white supremacy/supremacists,' 'police were killed,' 'stun gun,' and other inflammatory language related to groups such as the 'Proud Boys' and 'Oath Keepers,' as well as references to places on the grounds or in the Capitol where he did not go," his attorneys said in a court filing.

Barnett's attorneys also asked the court to exclude any news reports that mention police officers who died after the riot, and they want to prohibit prosecutors from introducing video or photo evidence of violent clashes with police officers...........

Last edited:
    WASHINGTON (AP) — An Iowa man who was part of the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol believed a conspiracy theory that law enforcement officers would be arresting “all the corrupt politicians,” starting that day with then-Vice President Mike Pence, a defense attorney told jurors Tuesday.

Doug Jensen wore a shirt bearing the letter “Q” to express his adherence to the QAnon conspiracy theory when he joined the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. A viral video recorded by a reporter's cellphone showed Jensen running after a Capitol Police officer who was retreating from a crowd of rioters up a flight of stairs..........

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg
    A QAnon conspiracy theorist who led a pack of Donald Trump supporters that chased a solitary police officer around the US Capitol on the day of the January 6 attack has been found guilty of several felonies.

Douglas Jensen – the bearded 43-year-old Iowa man who appeared in several media photos of the attack while wearing a black T-shirt with a large “Q” – could in theory face more than 50 years in prison after a federal jury in Washington DC convicted him on Friday, US justice department prosecutors said in a statement.

However, it is rare for convicts in US district court to receive the harshest available punishment, even if they chose to stand trial rather than plead guilty in advance.

And the harshest sentence handed out so far to anyone found guilty of having a role in the deadly Capitol attack has been seven years and three months…….

A Washington DC police officer who was tasered as he defended the US Capitol on January 6 has said the mother of the rioter involved in the attack called him a “piece of s***” after her son was sentenced.

Speaking on CNN’s Don Lemon Tonight after Kyle Young was sentenced on Tuesday, Michael Fanone recounted how he was insulted by the rioter’s mother when leaving the court……

Prosecutors are seeking prison time for five members of a Texas family arrested for roles in the U.S. Capitol breach. In new court filings, the Justice Department recommends one month in prison for Dawn and Thomas Munn, and 21-day prison sentences for three of the couple's adult children.

The Munn family, of Borger, Texas, has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge, acknowledging they spent nearly an hour inside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, including time in a private Senate conference room. Members of the family are accused of bragging about their roles on Jan. 6, or of misrepresenting the size and scope of the attack and damage. One of the five is accused of blaming police...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom