Capitol Riot arrests (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

Paging @Roofgardener
    ==================

WASHINGTON (AP) — A North Carolina man pleaded guilty Thursday to plotting with other members of the far-right Proud Boys to violently stop the transfer of presidential power after the 2020 election, making him the first member of the extremist group to plead guilty to a seditious conspiracy charge.

Jeremy Joseph Bertino, 43, has agreed to cooperate with the Justice Department’s investigation of the role that Proud Boys leaders played in the mob’s attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, a federal prosecutor said.

Bertino’s cooperation could ratchet up the pressure on other Proud Boys charged in the siege, including former national chairman Henry “Enrique” Tarrio……..

Apparently we've been doing Jesus all wrong - Jesus was mean.

Yeah, pretty funny when one considers the stories of compassion and forgiveness that characterized Jesus' journey here. It baffles me how short-sighted and misguided pastors and ministers are these days. And partly why I'm no longer one. I'm still a believer, just not in their idea of Christianity. Meh.

They may have skipped Matthew entirely...

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

Read full chapter

The trial of a former U.S. Capitol Police officer charged in the Jan. 6 riot began Tuesday with jurors set to decide whether his Facebook message warning a rioter to remove information from a public post amount to obstruction of a federal grand jury.

On Jan. 7, 2021 – a day after he and thousand of other law enforcement personnel responded to the Capitol riot – USCP Officer Michael Angelo Riley sent a Facebook message to a man he’d friended just two days earlier. In the message, Riley suggested the man – Jacob Hiles, of Chesapeake, Virginia – remove parts of a public post he’d written about entering the U.S. Capitol Building a day earlier.

“Hey Jacob, I’m a Capitol Police officer who agrees with your political stance,” Riley wrote in the message. “Take down the part about being in the building they are currently investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to be charges. Just looking out!”...........

The trial of a former U.S. Capitol Police officer charged in the Jan. 6 riot began Tuesday with jurors set to decide whether his Facebook message warning a rioter to remove information from a public post amount to obstruction of a federal grand jury.

On Jan. 7, 2021 – a day after he and thousand of other law enforcement personnel responded to the Capitol riot – USCP Officer Michael Angelo Riley sent a Facebook message to a man he’d friended just two days earlier. In the message, Riley suggested the man – Jacob Hiles, of Chesapeake, Virginia – remove parts of a public post he’d written about entering the U.S. Capitol Building a day earlier.

“Hey Jacob, I’m a Capitol Police officer who agrees with your political stance,” Riley wrote in the message. “Take down the part about being in the building they are currently investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to be charges. Just looking out!”...........

I don't think this guy should be criminally charged, but he should definitely lose his job.

Definitely obstructed justice and should be charged, his sentence could be suspended, but he has to be charged because we are supposed to hold LE to a higher standard.
    I re-read his message to the rioter and on second thought, I can see how it's obstruction. I didn't catch that he told him while the investigations were going on. I thought this happened before all of that at first. Obstruction charge makes sense.

I'm guessing he'll lose his job if he hasn't already.

I re-read his message to the rioter and on second thought, I can see how it's obstruction. I didn't catch that he told him while the investigations were going on. I thought this happened before all of that at first. Obstruction charge makes sense.

I'm guessing he'll lose his job if he hasn't already.
    Chances are he may have done this for others also.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Pennsylvania man was sentenced on Friday to nearly three years in prison for assaulting an Associated Press photographer and attacking police officers with a stun gun during the U.S. Capitol riot.

Alan Byerly apologized to his victims before U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss sentenced him to two years and 10 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release.

Byerly will get credit for the more than 15 months he already has served behind bars since his arrest, according to his lawyers.

“I didn’t go to D.C. to harm anyone,” Byerly told the judge…….

WASHINGTON — A former police officer charged with obstruction for telling a Jan. 6 rioter to remove a Facebook post about being in the U.S. Capitol testified Monday that he was "embarrassed" about having spoken to the man who he claims duped him about his level of involvement in the attack.

Michael Riley, a now-former U.S. Capitol Police Officer who sent messages to Jan. 6 rioter Jacob Hiles shortly after the insurrection, told jurors on Monday that he believed Hiles when he posted that he was forced into the Capitol by the pro-Trump mob.

Riley testified that he regrets reaching out to Hiles “every day” and that this has been “the worst year" of his life. Riley was charged in October 2021, and resigned from the department that month, although the details of his departure and current status have been concealed from jurors.

Under a plea deal with the government, Hiles pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and was sentenced to two years of probation, along with 60 hours of community service and $500 restitution.

Riley, who fishes in his free time, befriended Hiles, a boat captain with a social media following, shortly before the Capitol attack. After another member of the Chesapeake fishing community tagged Riley in Hiles' Facebook post about entering the Capitol, Riley sent Hiles a private message telling him to take down the part of his post where he admitted going into the building. "Just looking out!" Riley wrote in a message in which he said he shared Hiles’ political views. Hiles told the FBI about Riley's messages after he was arrested.

“I was embarrassed because I had reached out to him in the first place and allowed myself to get in a position like this,” Riley said in court on Monday. “I never intended for any of this to happen.”

He he later deleted his Facebook messages with Hiles because he was extremely upset, he testified, insisting he wasn't trying to obstruct any investigation.

“I was mad at myself and I was mad at Jake,” Riley testified. “I was very upset that he was telling the FBI that we were buddies."..........

WASHINGTON — A former police officer charged with obstruction for telling a Jan. 6 rioter to remove a Facebook post about being in the U.S. Capitol testified Monday that he was "embarrassed" about having spoken to the man who he claims duped him about his level of involvement in the attack.

Michael Riley, a now-former U.S. Capitol Police Officer who sent messages to Jan. 6 rioter Jacob Hiles shortly after the insurrection, told jurors on Monday that he believed Hiles when he posted that he was forced into the Capitol by the pro-Trump mob.

Riley testified that he regrets reaching out to Hiles “every day” and that this has been “the worst year" of his life. Riley was charged in October 2021, and resigned from the department that month, although the details of his departure and current status have been concealed from jurors.

Under a plea deal with the government, Hiles pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and was sentenced to two years of probation, along with 60 hours of community service and $500 restitution.

Riley, who fishes in his free time, befriended Hiles, a boat captain with a social media following, shortly before the Capitol attack. After another member of the Chesapeake fishing community tagged Riley in Hiles' Facebook post about entering the Capitol, Riley sent Hiles a private message telling him to take down the part of his post where he admitted going into the building. "Just looking out!" Riley wrote in a message in which he said he shared Hiles’ political views. Hiles told the FBI about Riley's messages after he was arrested.

“I was embarrassed because I had reached out to him in the first place and allowed myself to get in a position like this,” Riley said in court on Monday. “I never intended for any of this to happen.”

He he later deleted his Facebook messages with Hiles because he was extremely upset, he testified, insisting he wasn't trying to obstruct any investigation.

“I was mad at myself and I was mad at Jake,” Riley testified. “I was very upset that he was telling the FBI that we were buddies."..........

"Now-former US Capitol Police Officer..." yeah, good.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Friday sentenced an Ohio man who claimed he was only “following presidential orders” from Donald Trump when he stormed the U.S. Capitol to 3 years in prison.

Dustin Byron Thompson was convicted in April by a jury that took less than three hours to reject his novel defense for obstructing Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s presidential victory.

The jury also found Thompson guilty of all five of the other charges in his indictment, including stealing a coat rack from an office inside the Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021 riot........

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Friday sentenced an Ohio man who claimed he was only “following presidential orders” from Donald Trump when he stormed the U.S. Capitol to 3 years in prison.

Dustin Byron Thompson was convicted in April by a jury that took less than three hours to reject his novel defense for obstructing Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s presidential victory.

The jury also found Thompson guilty of all five of the other charges in his indictment, including stealing a coat rack from an office inside the Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021 riot........

Now, where have we heard that before? It sounds so familiar.

A Delaware man was sentenced to jail time for joining the January 6 Capitol attacks after seeing the violence unfold on a Tinder date’s television.

Jeffrey Schaefer was sentenced to 30 days in jail and ordered to pay a $2,000 fine on Friday after prosecutors argued that he participated in the Capitol attacks after watching the rioting happen on TV while at his date’s house.

According to court filings, Schaefer was initially at the house of a woman he had met on Tinder on 6 January 2021 in Alexandria, Virginia, about 20 minutes outside of Washington DC.

Schaefer then reportedly saw the attack on the Capitol on television and called an Uber to take him there so he could participate.

When Schaefer arrived at the Capitol, prosecutors say that he climbed a short wall and gained access to the Capitol building through a broken window.

Schaefer stayed in the Capitol building for about 28 minutes, chanting with other rioters and taking several photos and videos before exiting.

“THIS IS UNREAL,” Schaefer wrote in one Facebook post that included a picture of rioters outside the Capitol.

Prosecutors pieced together Schaefer’s time spent in the Capitol based on surveillance footage and social media posts he made leading up to the January 6 riots and while inside the building………

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom