Capitol Riot arrests (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

Judge: Are you a person?

Defendent:

9c6068d6-8db9-47d4-a8f3-ab2ce3388833_text.gif
    I actually know what this is. I checked, and a tweet about her 'defense' mentions 'Admiralty Law', which is the giveaway.

So there's these bunch of absolute loons who've convinced themselves that laws are basically optional, mostly falling under the umbrella of 'freeman-on-the-land': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

And it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Trumpers include some of them.

They're all over the place, but broadly they think only 'common' or 'natural' laws are mandatory, and all other statutory law is optional, since they think it's all contractual and that they can opt out of it.

The "I'm not a person" thing is their notion that the contracts are formed with their legal identity, or 'person' in this instance, and if they reject that and identify only as their physical self, then there can be no contract. So you might get them saying, "I'm not a person". Or an alternative approach is something like, in response to a question like "Are you Cuddle Monkey", saying something like, "No, I am Cuddle of the family Monkey!" The idea being "Cuddle of the family Monkey" is their real identity, but the charges are against "Cuddle Monkey", so if they just reject that identity, any charges against Cuddle Monkey can't be enforced! It's just that easy!

As you would expect, this never, ever, works.

I actually know what this is. I checked, and a tweet about her 'defense' mentions 'Admiralty Law', which is the giveaway.

So there's these bunch of absolute loons who've convinced themselves that laws are basically optional, mostly falling under the umbrella of 'freeman-on-the-land': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

They're all over the place, but broadly they think only 'common' or 'natural' laws are mandatory, and all other statutory law is optional, since they think it's all contractual and that they can opt out of it.

The "I'm not a person" thing is their notion that the contracts are formed with their legal identity, or 'person' in this instance, and if they reject that and identify only as their physical self, then there can be no contract. So you might get them saying, "I'm not a person". Or an alternative approach is something like, in response to a question like "Are you Cuddle Monkey", saying something like, "No, I am Cuddle of the family Monkey!" The idea being "Cuddle of the family Monkey" is their real identity, but the charges are against "Cuddle Monkey", so if they just reject that identity, any charges against Cuddle Monkey can't be enforced! It's just that easy!

Sounds a lot like the Sovereign Citizen movement. forking morons.

Sounds a lot like the Sovereign Citizen movement. forking morons.
    Looks like there's a lot of overlap. "The doctrines of the movement resemble those of the freemen on the land movement more commonly found in the British Commonwealth, such as Australia and Canada." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

By the sounds of it, she couldn't quite decide what she was going for though. According to that twitter thread I linked to, she notified the court she was a 'sovereign citizen' to start off with, but then:

Looks like there's a lot of overlap. "The doctrines of the movement resemble those of the freemen on the land movement more commonly found in the British Commonwealth, such as Australia and Canada." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

By the sounds of it, she couldn't quite decide what she was going for though. According to that twitter thread I linked to, she notified the court she was a 'sovereign citizen' to start off with, but then:

Chewbacca defense? Diminished capacity?

Yep. You continue to impress me Rob.

This is definitely not new, I have seen these "Freeman" cases before - like at least 10 years ago was my first and it's freakin' bonkers but interesting.

45 days
    ============
    COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) — Federal prosecutors assert that everybody who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 should be evaluated individually when deciding whether a prison sentence is warranted.

On Wednesday, a judge accepted the Justice Department’s assessment that two friends from Ohio fall into a category of rioters who deserve to be incarcerated.

U.S. District Judge James Boasberg sentenced Derek Jancart and Erik Rau to 45 days in jail. Prosecutors had recommended four months of imprisonment for both men. They must report to jail by Nov. 29……..

I’m sure this is a wise move
    =============
    Some of the defendants charged in the storming of the U.S. Capitol are turning away defense lawyers and electing to represent themselves, undeterred by their lack of legal training or repeated warnings from judges.

That choice already has led to some curious legal maneuvers and awkward exchanges in court.

A New York man charged in the Jan. 6 insurrection wants to bill the government for working on his own case. A Pennsylvania restaurant owner is trying to defend herself from jail. A judge told another New Yorker that he may have incriminated himself during courtroom arguments.

The right to self-representation is a bedrock principle of the Constitution. But a longtime judge cited an old adage in advising a former California police chief that he would have “a fool for a client” if he represented himself…….

After U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss ruled last month that Eric Bochene can represent himself, the upstate New York man submitted a “fee schedule” in which he appeared to be attempting to create a structure for him to collect fees for working on his own case.

The filing indicates he wants to charge up to $250,000 for spending two hours in court if he feels he is appearing “under protest and duress” and $50,000 if he is there voluntarily. A “forced giving of bodily fluids” carries a $5 million charge under Bochene’s billing schedule.

The judge denied the request, noting that Bochene hasn’t been ordered to take any actions requiring payment. “Furthermore, to the extent Defendant is seeking payment for appearing in Court, that argument lacks merit,” said the judge’s terse order…….

Hours after Darrell Neely joined a mob of President Donald Trump supporters as they stormed the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6, he invited three friends to a video call to recap his day.

During the chat, Neely showed off several items he claimed to have nabbed from the Capitol, three witnesses told FBI agents.
He flashed four china plates, a baseball cap and a jacket with a silver badge on the front and white letters on the back, court documents state.

“Neely boasted that he had attacked a [U.S. Capitol Police] officer and had taken the USCP jacket, badge, name tag, and baseball cap from the officer,” a person described as Witness 3 told investigators.

Neely, who runs an online conservative radio station called Global Enlightenment Radio Network, didn’t hide his souvenirs. In the days that followed, he wore the Capitol Police baseball cap during several broadcasts on his network’s YouTube channel, according to the FBI.

Now, Neely faces five federal charges of theft of government property, entering a restricted building, disorderly conduct in a restricted building and a Capitol building, and demonstrating at a Capitol building.

He was arrested in D.C. on Monday…….

Wish it was twice that.

Of course she now blames it on the media portrayal of her - because she got sentenced while others didn't. Completely ignorant of the fact that she's just a raging butt crevasse and sometimes judges take that into consideration.

QAnon Shaman': Prosecutors seek 4+ years in prison for Jacob Chansley in attempt to set example​

He deserves every bit of time he gets. 4 seems low, but that will start to make the others nervous.

Now, in this latest court filing, they heap responsibility for the riot onto Chansley, because of how he spread political disinformation online before January 6.

"We shall have no real hope to survive the enemies arrayed against us until we hang the traitors lurking among us," the prosecutors quote Chansley as writing on Facebook to his thousands of followers in mid-November 2020.

"The government cannot overstate the seriousness of the defendant's conduct as a one of the most prominent figures of the historic riot," prosecutors wrote in their sentencing request to the judge late Tuesday. "The severity of his actions, and respect for the laws of this country, must be impressed upon him."

QAnon Shaman': Prosecutors seek 4+ years in prison for Jacob Chansley in attempt to set example​

He deserves every bit of time he gets. 4 seems low, but that will start to make the others nervous.

Good to see some people actually looking at real time. Some other front line douche who beat up cops is looking at 44 months tomorrow.

Still feels too short to me
    ===================

A New Jersey gym owner who punched a police officer during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was sentenced Wednesday to more than three years in prison, a likely benchmark for dozens of other rioters who engaged in violence that day.

Scott Fairlamb, 44, was the first person to be sentenced for assaulting a law enforcement officer during the Capitol riot. His 41-month prison term is the longest among 32 riot-related sentences handed down so far…..:

I imagine they are going by sentencing guidelines. It feels too short because it feels like they assaulted our country, and our very type of government. Which they did, I guess, now that I think about it, lol. But they should still go by established sentencing guidelines.

I think we need stricter penalties for anyone who commits a crime during a demonstration of people exercising their first amendment rights.

The right to protest should be protected from bad actors taking advantage of the situation. Whether it’s Trumpers stopping the steal at the capital or BLM protesting a police abuse, they deserve to be protected.

Jan 6 insurrectionists and looters should all face harsher penalties for using 1st amendment activities as cover for their crimes.

U.S. Capitol rioter gets three years in jail, longest sentence imposed​

A former mixed martial artist filmed punching a police officer during the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol received a 41-month prison sentence on Wednesday, the stiffest punishment yet in the roughly 700 criminal cases stemming from the siege.
    Goemaat also mentioned a video Fairlamb recorded during the riots in which he said: “What Patriots do? We forkin’ disarm them and then we storm the forkin’ Capitol!”

"The defendant's own statements on that day suggest that he came prepared for violence," Goemaat said.
    We think its just the youngsters who are dumb with the putting everything on social media forgetting that once its on the internet, its always there, but this guy is 44. older people are just as dumb to it, he should have known it was gonna back and bite him...

The lawyer for this guy is the same lawyer as the QAnon Shaman guy. I wonder if they feel the same way about everyday people who commit crimes, they just need mental help"?

"I can say with confidence that Mr. Chansley is in dire need of mental health treatment," Watkins said in the filing, adding that further time behind bars "jeopardizes his mental stability."
    Poor baby.. lol. I'm sure the penal system has a fine mental treatment program...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom