Capitol Riot arrests (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

If he was there and wearing a MAGA red hat, he’s a Trump supporter. Registered Democrat or not. Should be treated just like anyone else.

He’s a liar, just like his idol, Trump.

Maybe not so odd if you’re convinced that the courts are all on the other side against Trump. I suppose if you believe Trump when he talks about a “deep state” all working together to defeat him, you’d imagine you could curry some favor with the court by claiming to be a democrat?

I just don’t know how we deal with people this broken.

Just because someone is registered one party or the other has zero bearing on the situation. He could be one of those who registers as the opposite party to vote against certain people in the primaries. Or he could have registered at 18 not really as one and realized he was on the other side of the fence.
    Most people do not know how to change their registration , even with it being a simple thing to do.

Just because someone is registered one party or the other has zero bearing on the situation. He could be one of those who registers as the opposite party to vote against certain people in the primaries. Or he could have registered at 18 not really as one and realized he was on the other side of the fence.
    Most people do not know how to change their registration , even with it being a simple thing to do.
    So true. When I registered at 18, I was a registered Republican. Never changed it even as I became more liberal. I was still a registered Republican in 2008 when I illegally voted for Obama. (I didn't know it was illegal because I was on the voting rolls when I showed up to vote. I was on probation at the time and it wasn't until I put in a change of address card with the USPS later that year that I received a letter from the registrar telling me I was being removed from the rolls and wouldn't have the right to vote back until I completed the terms of my probation.) Anyway, when I got it back, I registered as a Democrat so I could vote for the OPDEC (Orleans Parish Democratic Executive Committee) because I knew someone personally running and only Democrats vote for that, obviously. When I moved again recently, I changed my party to 'No Affiliation' until I am convinced that the Democratic Party is something I WANT to be a part of and not just the lesser of two evils.

Pretty sure you can actually change your affiliation online nowadays. If I'm mistaken, getting a new card and sending it in is pretty simple, though some people wouldn't even know where to start the process.

Well, technically, in Virginia, you don't list a party affiliation when you register. So changing parties would be moot. It's easy to change your address on the state election website though.

I guess it varies from state to state.

Well, technically, in Virginia, you don't list a party affiliation when you register. So changing parties would be moot. It's easy to change your address on the state election website though.

I guess it varies from state to state.
    all states should be that way.

in La, you can do it through the Geaux Vote App, although all it does it take you to the website, but it's very easy to do.
    another cool thing about that app is if you know someone's name and zipcode, you can see how they are registered..

in La, you can do it through the Geaux Vote App, although all it does it take you to the website, but it's very easy to do.
    another cool thing about that app is if you know someone's name and zipcode, you can see how they are registered..

That's not cool, that is an invasion of privacy....IMO....it's up to the states though....

That's not cool, that is an invasion of privacy....IMO....it's up to the states though....
    how is that invasion of privacy? it's public record.
    when I worked the polls for the presidential election, 1/3 of the people (or maybe more) wouldn't have gotten to vote if I didn't use that app to tell them they were at the wrong location or which precinct they needed to vote at.
    it doesn't show any confidential information.
    Screenshot_20210821-153007-678.png

I believe the voter status, or whatever you call it, is public record. You’ve been able to find it online pretty easily for as long as I can remember

I believe the voter status, or whatever you call it, is public record. You’ve been able to find it online pretty easily for as long as I can remember
    Can't do it in Virginia. We'll, you can if you know the voter's first and last name, DOB and last 4 of SSN. Clearly the intent is for voters to be able to check their own registration status.

Of course, there's no party affiliation status in Virginia.

how is that invasion of privacy? it's public record.
    when I worked the polls for the presidential election, 1/3 of the people (or maybe more) wouldn't have gotten to vote if I didn't use that app to tell them they were at the wrong location or which precinct they needed to vote at.
    it doesn't show any confidential information.
    Screenshot_20210821-153007-678.png

Ok, it just seems wrong to me....

Infowars host. I'm sure a video will com out sooner or later
    =========================================

The day of the U.S. Capitol riot, Infowars host Owen Shroyer led a crowd from the spot where President Donald Trump had just given a speech encouraging his supporters to “fight like hell,” authorities said. As they marched to the Capitol, the right-wing talk show host allegedly told the masses why they were going.

“Today we march for the Capitol because on this historic January 6, 2021, we have to let our Congressmen and women know, and we have to let Mike Pence know, they stole the election,” Shroyer told them, according to a federal criminal complaint filed Thursday. “We know they stole it, and we aren’t going to accept it!”

After they arrived, Shroyer called into a live broadcast on the right-wing Infowars website, telling listeners the pro-Trump protesters had taken the Capitol grounds, FBI agent Clarke Burns wrote in an affidavit. Shroyer reported that members of the group had surrounded and climbed onto the actual Capitol building, the document states.

“We literally own these streets right now,” Shroyer said in the video, according to court records.

Shroyer, who lives in Texas, was charged on Thursday with two federal crimes in connection with the Jan. 6 riot: illegally entering a restricted area on Capitol grounds and disorderly conduct. In a video posted to the Infowars website, Shroyer said he plans to turn himself in on Monday morning. Shroyer could not be reached for comment early Monday, and no lawyer was listed for him in federal court documents.

Shroyer has publicly denied any wrongdoing. In a video posted Sunday to the Infowars website, the host said he and his crew never entered the Capitol and did not go around or jump any barricades as they walked the grounds. And, Shroyer added, no police officers or other authorities tried to stop them............

In fact, Shroyer said, he and others from Infowars — including founder Alex Jones — tried to convince people not to storm the Capitol. “We tried to stop the madness,” he said in the undated video.

The day before the riot, however, Shroyer was filmed giving a speech in Freedom Plaza, a few blocks from the White House, in a clip that was then posted to Infowars, the FBI said.
    “Americans are ready to fight,” he told the crowd, according to court documents. “We’re not exactly sure what that’s going to look like … if we can’t stop this certification of the fraudulent election … we are the new revolution! We are going to restore and we are going to save the republic!”

In a second video posted to Infowars that day, court documents add, Shroyer said he was afraid Trump supporters would not “get this false certification of Biden stopped this week.”
    “Everybody knows the election was stolen,” he added, according to court records, "… are we just going to sit here and become activists for [four] years or are [we] going to actually do something about this …”............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom