Biden Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Keep reading, he posted more recent data. They just need to start by eliminating the cap on paying SS payroll tax. Make everyone pay the same percentage. Then we can see how things go with that change for a few years, along with some immigration reform to allow more people to come in and ease the labor shortage - that just might be enough.

Rs have been wanting to get rid of SS, Medicare and Medicaid for years. Decades, even. It’s foolish to let them slash them with their hypocritical alarmist rants.
    I'm sure there are some Republicans who would want to get rid of SS & Medicare, but I think most just want reform. There are different kinds of reforms and there are definitely some that aren't good or reasonable.

The part of your post that I underlined is the kind of demagoging that prevents any discussion of reform. Similar to the Democrats saying Republicans want to throw Grandma and Grandpa out on the street, push them off the cliff or starve them.

I'm sure there are some Republicans who would want to get rid of SS & Medicare, but I think most just want reform. There are different kinds of reforms and there are definitely some that aren't good or reasonable.

The part of your post that I underlined is the kind of demagoging that prevents any discussion of reform. Similar to the Democrats saying Republicans want to throw Grandma and Grandpa out on the street, push them off the cliff or starve them.
    It’s not demagoguery if it’s true. I’m old enough to remember how many of them have vowed to do it, over the years. Just recently we saw old footage of one of the R Senators who went ballistic when Biden said that Rs wanted to cut SS, Medicare and Medicaid and actually called Biden a liar - that’s demagoguery, especially when footage of him surfaced on Twitter during his first campaign for Senate promising fat cat donors that he would work to “pull SS, Medicare up by the roots”. He was promising to eliminate them.

Just the other day I saw where about 150 R members of the House want to up the retirement age to 70. That’s not reform, that’s a cut. This is an artificial crisis that Rs are pushing right now because they figure they can try to cut these programs and people will blame Biden. If they had an R president they wouldn’t be saying these things. I’m going to go ahead and ignore the bastages.

I thought I'd start the week off by saying something positive.
    If this passed, I'd be thankful...

Yet another positive thing!
    Is Biden trying to move to the center?

Yet another positive thing!
    Is Biden trying to move to the center?
    Biden has been a centrist his entire life. But thanks for noticing 😁. That isn’t sarcasm, btw.

I've been told on this forum that one of Joe Biden's strengths is his empathy.
    I present this for your consideration....

Really? This is stupid.
    President Biden came to the lectern knowing that children had been killed and he would read a prepared statement about that. Yet he chose to talk stupidly about ice cream.
    So "Really?" ...right back at ya

Last edited:
    President Biden came to the lectern knowing that children had been killed and he would read a prepared statement about that. Yet he chose to talk stupidly about ice cream.
    Okay, if you think that was anything you should be outraged about, then you and I have very different priorities. Maybe he thought this first part was off the record. Don’t know, don’t really care.

Personally, I have zero doubt that Biden cares about gun violence. Zero.

My Republican representatives, however, have zero concern for those children. They just don’t give a shirt about them. This is just a fact. They show us by their actions to increase availability of guns and opposing any and all gun safety measures. They are enacting open carry, they are opposing any and all measures to limit gun ownership, even for men who have threatened their significant others.

It is extremely partisan to care about the fact that Biden chose to engage in some small talk before his prepared statement on this tragedy, but yet support Rs who show no inclination to do anything to help stem the scourge of gun violence in this country.

Partisan is the nicest word I could think of, BTW. Every vote for a Republican is a vote to continue gun violence.

Okay, if you think that was anything you should be outraged about, then you and I have very different priorities. Maybe he thought this first part was off the record. Don’t know, don’t really care.

Personally, I have zero doubt that Biden cares about gun violence. Zero.

My Republican representatives, however, have zero concern for those children. They just don’t give a shirt about them. This is just a fact. They show us by their actions to increase availability of guns and opposing any and all gun safety measures. They are enacting open carry, they are opposing any and all measures to limit gun ownership, even for men who have threatened their significant others.

It is extremely partisan to care about the fact that Biden chose to engage in some small talk before his prepared statement on this tragedy, but yet support Rs who show no inclination to do anything to help stem the scourge of gun violence in this country.

Partisan is the nicest word I could think of, BTW. Every vote for a Republican is a vote to continue gun violence.
    Nice shift of the subject.
    Hi I'm Dr. Jill Biden's husband.....Ice Cream chit chat...silly nonsense.
    Stupid.

So "Really?" ...right back at ya
    I don’t like the optics of it either, maybe he is very good at compartmentalization, maybe he is old ;), but he did get around to the topic and addressed it.

That said, for perspective, I‘m curious to know who you would like to see as the next President? Did you like the last President?

Biden was not who I wanted as President mostly because of his age, let’s get the younger generations leading the country. However, that said, with perspective and compared to the alternate outcome of the 2020 Presidential election, I am hard pressed to negatively critique Biden.

He has done an acceptable if not a stellar job as POTUS, he is supporting Ukraine, and seems to be in tune with NATO, and most importantly he is actually a patriotic decent human being who is a functional President, not a self serving Peice of work as compared to the poisonous, anti-democratic, Head Liar who still seems to be threatening the cohesion The United States today.

Fine. But not worse than the Rs, who have the blood of children on their hands, IMO.
    The GOP has lots of thoughts and prayers for gun victims, but we all know it’s not the gun’s fault. :rolleyes: That is the price of liberty, and no one is going to mess with their preciousss. Blood flowing is unfortunate but worth the price… :confused:

I don’t like the optics of it either, maybe he is very good at compartmentalization, maybe he is old ;), but he did get around to the topic and addressed it.

That said, for perspective, I‘m curious to know who you would like to see as the next President? Did you like the last President?

Biden was not who I wanted as President mostly because of his age, let’s get the younger generations leading the country. However, that said, with perspective and compared to the alternate outcome of the 2020 Presidential election, I am hard pressed to negatively critique Biden.

He has done an acceptable if not a stellar job as POTUS, he is supporting Ukraine, and seems to be in tune with NATO, and most importantly he is actually a patriotic decent human being who is a functional President, not a self serving Peice of work as compared to the poisonous, anti-democratic, Head Liar who still seems to be threatening the cohesion The United States today.

Gee I guess you are new here. I am anti Trump. Anti Biden. I'm difficult to please I suppose.
    I like Joe Manchin. I thought I liked Ron DeSantis but he is so focused on making anti woke statements my enthusiasm has faded some.
    Who would I like to see as the next president?
    I'd like to see someone who is conservative and normal.
    Someone who is not polarizing.
    Yet they have to be electable.
    That person currently does not exist.
    Politically my outlook is pessimistic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom