Biden Tracker (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

The Trump administration had set a goal of 20 million vaccinations by the end of December. They achieved around 3,000,000.

Anyone trying to say that Trump achieved anything close to competence in his vaccination rate is clearly either delusional or just flat telling a fib. The difference between these two administrations on this front is stark.

The only thing the Trump administration did well was to authorize the vaccination development and then stay out of the way and let the scientists do their thing.

Everything that they tried to steer themselves was a disaster. From the testing to PPE acquisition, they messed it up. They didn’t communicate clearly about what was an appropriate mitigation effort, they downplayed (on purpose) the severity of the disease, they allowed mitigation strategies to become political. It was a disaster on a scale we have rarely seen before in this country. Hundreds of thousands of people died needlessly, due to the Trump administration. He should be scorned for the rest of his life over it.

The Trump administration had set a goal of 20 million vaccinations by the end of December. They achieved around 3,000,000.

Anyone trying to say that Trump achieved anything close to competence in his vaccination rate is clearly either delusional or just flat telling a fib. The difference between these two administrations on this front is stark.

The only thing the Trump administration did well was to authorize the vaccination development and then stay out of the way and let the scientists do their thing.

Everything that they tried to steer themselves was a disaster. From the testing to PPE acquisition, they messed it up. They didn’t communicate clearly about what was an appropriate mitigation effort, they downplayed (on purpose) the severity of the disease, they allowed mitigation strategies to become political. It was a disaster on a scale we have rarely seen before in this country. Hundreds of thousands of people died needlessly, due to the Trump administration. He should be scorned for the rest of his life over it.
    Well, the target was to innoculate 20 Million americans before the end of 2020, and you are correct that he did not succeed. However, he achieved over 15 Million ? (not TOO shabby when you consider the vaccine was only authorised for use on the 11th December ? ). And when he left office, they where almost up to a million per day ?

Biden has done nothing to accelerate that; the structures where already in place when he took office ? He's riding Trumps coat-tails.

Let us not forget that under Trump (if he can really take credit for it), a vaccine was developed in the USA in record time ? (although the UK was even faster ? ).

The original "100 million vaccinations in 100 days" quote ? I'd been led to believe that the US was averaging 900,000 daily vaccinations when Trump left office ?

So, that would potentially barely make it within 100 days, but he made it within 58.
    1617117271567.png

From the WaPo

Four days after the first coronavirus vaccine received emergency use authorization in the United States, the head of the White House’s Operation Warp Speed vaccine effort appeared on MSNBC.
    “In the month of December, between the two vaccines — the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccine — we expect to have immunized 20 million of our American people,” Moncef Slaoui said on Dec. 15.

But despite the Trump administration’s repeated promises to deliver tens or even hundreds of millions of coronavirus vaccine doses by the new year, President Trump is set to leave office Wednesday having delivered only a fraction of the doses his administration pledged.

As of Monday, just over 31 million coronavirus vaccine doses had been delivered nationwide. Fewer than half of those have been administered.

This despite months of promises from Trump officials that the United States would distribute no fewer than 40 million coronavirus vaccine doses and administer doses to 20 million Americans by the end of December. The Trump administration did not even deliver 20 million vaccine doses until Jan. 7.

So, thanks for the about 13-15Million shots administered? (assumed, based on the math presented, I didn't look up the actual numbers)

And look, we all knew the ramp up would take a little time, but there was also a lack of preparation, and the usual mentality of "the local health departments will handle it".. with little to no info, and severely understaffed due to handling testing and overall Covid Response.

Reuters so you know it is trustworthy-

Since we are tracking Biden, here is his transportation plan. Trillions for infrastructure paid for by pushing back up the corporate tax rate to 28% (pre Trump tax cut) and increases on top earners. Zero increase for regular Americans.

I don't have a subscription for this, but...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bi...-intends-to-speed-up-distribution-11610794800

This is what is available for free

What is President Biden’s vaccine-distribution plan?
    Mr. Biden wants to quicken the pace of vaccinations with a $20 billion national vaccination program. He has set a target of administering 100 million doses of the vaccine during the first 100 days of his presidency. The U.S. is administering close to 1 million doses a day now, but Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told The Wall Street Journal, “We would prefer to underpromise and overdeliver.”

To accelerate vaccinations, he said his administration will work with federal, state and local officials to set up thousands of community vaccination centers across the country and deploy mobile units to rural and underserved areas. Mr. Biden promised 100 federally supported centers by the end of his first month in office. The Federal Emergency Management Agency will help set them up, and the federal government will increase reimbursements to states deploying the National Guard to help with vaccinations. Mr. Biden also said he aims to increase the pace of vaccinations by making shots available at independent and chain pharmacies beginning in February.

In addition, Mr. Biden has promised to make the vaccine available free of charge to all members of the public, without cost-sharing, regardless of immigration status.

His administration had also planned to release nearly all available vaccine doses. The Trump administration had been holding back stock for second doses, but then decided to release them as Covid-19 cases mounted.

BTW, both can get credit. Trump's admin did great on supporting vaccine development and breaking barriers.

But, as usual, he's not a details guy and they didn't formulate a big plan for distribution. Just shove as many as they could at states.

Biden has fixed these issues by giving better forecast data, so states can plan ahead. They've worked on helping speed up manufacturing and distribution. They've also taken over distribution and injections in some areas. That's a big component that I was calling for earlier. We have the most advanced logistics group in the world (our military), why would you just give them to local county health departments and let counties try to run this?

Follow up article:
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/aust...-dangerous-destroying-military-with-wokesters

I thought this would fit on this thread. I think everyone is aware of the strange attack on Tucker Carlson a few weeks ago by the USMC, it appears our military might be getting to 'woke' to actually a win a military engagement against a military that can bite back.

So you think that in the past two months the US military has went from the most dominant force in the world, to a limp wristed wokeism brigade who can't defend our country?

That’s just embarrassing. I’m embarrassed for you, Farb, that you believe his BS.

So exactly when did these “changes” happen?

The “strange” attack on Tucker came about because of his trashing the military and lying about it.

I found this video a useful counterpoint.

Last edited:
    Achieving a rate over a short period of time is emphatically not the same thing as sustaining that rate, or indeed a higher rate, over a longer period of time.

It's not great that this has to be explained.
    Why are you often so condescending?

I don't have a subscription for this, but...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bi...-intends-to-speed-up-distribution-11610794800

This is what is available for free

BTW, both can get credit. Trump's admin did great on supporting vaccine development and breaking barriers.

But, as usual, he's not a details guy and they didn't formulate a big plan for distribution. Just shove as many as they could at states.

Biden has fixed these issues by giving better forecast data, so states can plan ahead. They've worked on helping speed up manufacturing and distribution. They've also taken over distribution and injections in some areas. That's a big component that I was calling for earlier. We have the most advanced logistics group in the world (our military), why would you just give them to local county health departments and let counties try to run this?
    In response to your CNN article:

He had a plan, you are correct, SFL. It wasn’t a good plan and basically just involved shipping the vaccines to the states without any warning or giving them an idea of what they were getting and when they were getting it.

Last edited:
    No I don't and what have I said that would make you ask a silly question like that? There needs to be some kind of limit though.

What do you think is an acceptable limit? We usually accepted about 100,000 refugees/asylees per year before the Trump years.

In 1980 and 1981 we took over 200,000 refugees each year. It was a number equal to almost .1% of the total US population. In 1982, 1 out of about every 600 people was a refugee who had come to the US in the past 2 years. The country didn't collapse.

So what is a good number for you?

Last edited:
    Well, the target was to innoculate 20 Million americans before the end of 2020, and you are correct that he did not succeed. However, he achieved over 15 Million ? (not TOO shabby when you consider the vaccine was only authorised for use on the 11th December ? ). And when he left office, they where almost up to a million per day ?

Biden has done nothing to accelerate that; the structures where already in place when he took office ? He's riding Trumps coat-tails.

Let us not forget that under Trump (if he can really take credit for it), a vaccine was developed in the USA in record time ? (although the UK was even faster ? ).

Here is where I got my 3 million by the end of December figure:

“Only about 2.8 million Americans had received a COVID-19 vaccine going into the last day of December, putting the United States far short of the government’s target to vaccinate 20 million people this month.”

Biden has got our average up to 2-3 million doses a day, so I would consider that accelerated from ~900,000.

That’s just embarrassing. I’m embarrassed for you, Farb, that you believe his BS.
    Who is 'his'?

And thanks, I know the feeling of being embarrassed for someone on this site, your concern will help comfort me in the my dark times.

So you think that in the past two months the US military has went from the most dominant force in the world, to a limp wristed wokeism brigade who can't defend our country?
    2 months, no. But do I consider the US military calling out an opinion journalist on social media because of criticism an alarming development in a democracy but I guess you are fine with it.

What was that a few years ago everyone was grabbing pearls about....Oh, the governmental attack on our press? I think it was if I remember correctly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom