Biden Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sometimes I think the far left just cannot take yes for an answer. About a 9 post thread, but they are short posts.

Anti-Biden progressives are largely clueless. I can lay out specific policies like the $600 UI, college loan payoffs, CHIPS, Jobs Act, electric car push, etc. that are progressive dreams. The problem is they are more social progressives than economic whose only retort is "Biden is old" or "inflation". I don't even like how progressive some of his policies are or the short term patchwork nature of the solutions, but they are at least pulling in the correct direction. Biden and the media can't sell success unless it's a SotU address. Even then he gets a bump, progressive woman cheer, and 1-month later it's back to "no good choices". Enemies of the good.....

I'm not seeing what Biden has to do with what OPEC is doing. This is just OPEC doing OPEC things.
    So the article I briefly looked at maintains that Biden allowing US oil production to increase as much as it has is what has foiled OPEC’s attempt to artificially raise oil prices. The US produces so much oil now that even OPEC’s limits didn’t cause the price of oil to go up to $100/barrel like OPEC wanted, and they realized they couldn’t ever get it there so they gave up and will now increase their own production.

In the short term this is good news for US consumers since the price of gas should come down, I would think. The thing I worry about in the longer term though is that if prices dip enough, US producers will shut down (or rather slow down) because their profits will go down.

But, if Biden was actually shutting down oil production like the GOP always says - this couldn’t have happened. That Biden is against US oil producers is just another GOP lie.

So the article I briefly looked at maintains that Biden allowing US oil production to increase as much as it has is what has foiled OPEC’s attempt to artificially raise oil prices. The US produces so much oil now that even OPEC’s limits didn’t cause the price of oil to go up to $100/barrel like OPEC wanted, and they realized they couldn’t ever get it there so they gave up and will now increase their own production.

In the short term this is good news for US consumers since the price of gas should come down, I would think. The thing I worry about in the longer term though is that if prices dip enough, US producers will shut down (or rather slow down) because their profits will go down.

But, if Biden was actually shutting down oil production like the GOP always says - this couldn’t have happened. That Biden is against US oil producers is just another GOP lie.
    Yeah, Biden isn't really doing anything to shut down oil production. That's almost always market driven and cyclical production which demand/supply determines pricing. US policy may affect OPEC decision making, but that's only a part of their calculus. They've been trying to manipulate prices of years and this isn't anything new. I wouldn't pay any attention to anything the Republicans say about Biden’s economic policies or anything else for that matter.

It's crazy how our politics turn rational thinking upside down. Given the continuing worsening effects of climate change, this isn't something we should be celebrating or happy about. We should be actively working on reducing our oil production and consumption as we continue to transition rapidly to green energy. That's the rational and logical approach to our current time. But our president, who sees this clear danger, is basically forced to allow oil production to be maximized so that he can fight off attacks from the right wing, less the American voters blame him for "high gas prices" and reject him at the ballot box. This is why we are unable to meet huge challenges that we have to act on nowadays.

Last edited:

Oil prices are the biggest inflation driver in the economy short of just printing money. Trump economy felt better for some because oil was mostly 45-65/barrel. Oil prices peaked around 115/barrel under Biden, but has spent most of his presidency in the 70-90 range. If oil drops down to the mid 60s, then both the media and main street will have a tough time selling/buying the inflation narrative. Sustained low gas prices and Biden can just declare victory.

OPEC+ is easing cuts voluntary cuts in Oct and there seems to be decreasing demand.

Oil prices are the biggest inflation driver in the economy short of just printing money. Trump economy felt better for some because oil was mostly 45-65/barrel. Oil prices peaked around 115/barrel under Biden, but has spent most of his presidency in the 70-90 range. If oil drops down to the mid 60s, then both the media and main street will have a tough time selling/buying the inflation narrative. Sustained low gas prices and Biden can just declare victory.

OPEC+ is easing cuts voluntary cuts in Oct and there seems to be decreasing demand.
    Sounds like Biden might get a positive October surprise. Hope everyone gets the inflation relief from lower gas prices, but we need to use that relief to invest in transitioning away from burning fossil fuels as our primary energy source.

Decent explanation about Biden driving oil price down by selling strategic reserves. Also talks about how Biden creating stability in oil prices can help green transition.

You know what SFL, hardly anybody cares about that.
    People will vote for someone other than Biden because of many other reasons.
    You probably don't have a lot of company when caring about this.
    He supports Trump - who brought his daughter and son-in-law INTO the WH, and gave Kushner the ME as one of his assignments, and as soon as Trump lost the election Kushner cashed in to the tune of $2BILLION dollars from Saudi Arabia. And Trump who put his daughter-in-law in charge of the RNC.

He doesn’t care about actual corruption and nepotism when Trump does it. But he will amplify conjectures and fables about Biden without any proof at all.

He just shouldn’t be taken seriously here. He’s merely a MAGA partisan.

He supports Trump - who brought his daughter and son-in-law INTO the WH, and gave Kushner the ME as one of his assignments, and as soon as Trump lost the election Kushner cashed in to the tune of $2BILLION dollars from Saudi Arabia. And Trump who put his daughter-in-law in charge of the RNC.

He doesn’t care about actual corruption and nepotism when Trump does it. But he will amplify conjectures and fables about Biden without any proof at all.

He just shouldn’t be taken seriously here. He’s merely a MAGA partisan.
    I agree and I don't. SFL DOES seem very MAGA to me, but there ARE times I appreciate or agree with his posts. I am a 1990s style Republican and he is a Trumper. We are Different yet there are occasional points of agreement.

I agree and I don't. SFL DOES seem very MAGA to me, but there ARE times I appreciate or agree with his posts. I am a 1990s style Republican and he is a Trumper. We are Different yet there are occasional points of agreement.
    He believes every conspiracy theory out there. If you find yourself agreeing with him, I would recommend considering very carefully. 🙂

He believes every conspiracy theory out there. If you find yourself agreeing with him, I would recommend considering very carefully. 🙂
    I am not believing in conspiracy stuff. At times SFL will mention more basic stuff like the economy or Biden's age.

I am not believing in conspiracy stuff. At times SFL will mention more basic stuff like the economy...
    Saying the economy is worse under Biden than it was Trump is objectively and verifiably false.

...or Biden's age.
    Falsely claiming that Biden suffers from dementia is not "mentioning Biden's age."

If you're going to agree with him, then be open and honest about what you are actually agreeing with him about.

Saying the economy is worse under Biden than it was Trump is objectively and verifiably false.

Falsely claiming that Biden suffers from dementia is not "mentioning Biden's age."

If you're going to agree with him, then be open and honest about what you are actually agreeing with him about.
    I prefer Trump's pre covid economy to today's economy.
    If people are "HONEST", most will say the same.
    I don't want to use the word "dementia" either...but I don't feel comfortable with Biden.
    I never listen to Trump speak. I refuse to click on the videos of Trump speaking that are posted here. I don't want to hear his speaking voice or see his his face. Yet people here say that he is mentally losing it as well.
    Sad. Sad. Sad. Our two choices really stink!
    Nikki Haley, Joe Manchin.
    I wish they had run as third party options.

Says the person who believed the biggest political conspiracy in US history that Trump was a Russian agent and there was a pee tape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom