Biden Tracker (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

That is not a EV car problem.

That is a automaker problem - only Rivian figured this out.

All but Rivian made their 12V battery that runs the ancillary functions single directional so it only draws power.

A single secondary wire allows for the 12V to drip charge the battery in cold weather just like a plug-in drip charge for an ICE. Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, VW and polestar have fixed their problem. I do not know about Tesla but I assume they are too.
    So, it isn’t an electric vehicle problem, it is a design problem.

So, Steve, I am just wondering about my question as to why you can’t vote for Biden.

Yet here is why I fell into the trap of making such a sweeping statement...

So @LA - L.A.
    Possibly you can see why I said Americans don't want EVs....but of course there are some who do....and you are one of them.
    I should not speak for others.

What you should probably notice is that the stories you quoted above from reputable news sources are accurately reporting that sales have slowed. Then you sprinkle in obviously sensationalized YouTube videos which make unjustified sweeping claims. Sales have slowed ≠ nobody wants them, nobody will ever buy them, etc.

Sales have slowed could mean they have simply cooled off from a huge spike. 🤷‍♀️

OK.
    Maybe Biden never verbally mentions "Hybids"?
    Maybe when he speaks on the topic he only mentions "EVs"?
    Biden has a hard time verbally mentioning anything that is coherent.

Well, you know nothing about gas prices so there is that.
    What does my lack of knowledge on gas prices have to do with Biden draining the emergency reserve to help buy votes during the mid-terms for his party and promising to replenish but failing to do so?

What does my lack of knowledge on gas prices have to do with Biden draining the emergency reserve to help buy votes during the mid-terms for his party and promising to replenish but failing to do so?
    Because the RW agitprop machine pushed a bullschlitz narrative that Biden could control gasoline prices. And of course the RW pissed and moaned about gasoline prices including cute little stickers saying “I did that”. So your whining is mere noise.

In addition, domestic producers are selling oil on the open market while we also are still importing oil.

Biden doesn’t control the cost of oil.

OK...despite the fact that there are thousands or dormant drilling leases out there, who's the leading producers of oil in the world???

Because the RW agitprop machine pushed a bullschlitz narrative that Biden could control gasoline prices. And of course the RW pissed and moaned about gasoline prices including cute little stickers saying “I did that”. So your whining is mere noise.

In addition, domestic producers are selling oil on the open market while we also are still importing oil.

Biden doesn’t control the cost of oil.
    Yes, you hit the talking points but again, how does that explain why Biden drained the reserve to lower gas prices before the mid-term and failing to replenish it as he said he would.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-may-buy-oil-just-212325008.html

(Bloomberg) -- The Biden administration is considering replenishing the Strategic Petroleum Reserve when oil dips below $80 a barrel, just two years after Democrats blocked former President Donald Trump from filling the reserve at a fraction of that price.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/dem...mps-plan-to-fill-strategic-petroleum-reserve/
    At the time, Democrats bragged about getting the oil reserve funding stripped out of the bill. Then Senate Minority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) called it “a $3 billion bailout for big oil.”

Environmental groups also cheered the exclusion of the funding. Michelle Chan, Vice President of programs with Friends of the Earth said, “The defeat of $3 billion exclusively for Big Oil is an important victory.”

Greenpeace USA Senior Climate Campaigner Jack Shapiro said, “Senators are finally listening. We’re glad to see them abandon the idea of ‘filling up’ the Strategic Petroleum Reserve at Trump’s request.”

And this has to do with the question how again?
    It basically makes the Strategic Reserves small potatoes in the big picture. Cutting or increasing the strategic reserves never had a big impact on gas prices. We're talking pennies per gallon, not dollars. Not sure why you're so hung up on that. It's ultimately a pretty lame talking point.

And just to be sure, the strategic reserve holds about 3 to 4 days of the global supply. It's just not going to move the needle that much up or down in the current environment.

The SPR is not a big factor in being able to supply oil domestically. A soon to be VERY LARGE issue for the future is that Brazil is signing all available drillships. The US won't be able to exploit the reservoirs in the Gulf Of Mexico if needed.

Something else that isn't getting near enough coverage. In March, JP Morgan noted that the US achieved energy independence for the first time in 40 years. Under Biden....

It basically makes the Strategic Reserves small potatoes in the big picture. Cutting or increasing the strategic reserves never had a big impact on gas prices. We're talking pennies per gallon, not dollars. Not sure why you're so hung up on that. It's ultimately a pretty lame talking point.
    So why did Biden say he did it then if it is small potatoes? Was his reasoning lame as well?

And just to be sure, the strategic reserve holds about 3 to 4 days of the global supply. It's just not going to move the needle that much up or down in the current environment.
    So then why did the Dems block Trump from restocking it fully when oil prices were way down? Doesn't move the needle much, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom