Biden Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Constant growth is impossible. It leads to a catastrophic collapse.

I define capitalism as allowing any individual or group of people to exploit any tangible item, intangible idea, information and/or human beings for personal benefit and to the detriment of others.

I see the fundamental and inherent flaw of capitalism as being that it's inherently competitive. Human beings thrive more, both collectively and individually, the more they cooperate and the less they compete. Capitalism disrupts cooperation which leads to a higher level of dysfunction and disease for the collective and the individual.

Slavery is a result of capitalism.

The planet has been polluted to the point that every human has synthetic toxins in their blood is a result of capitalism.

Extreme climate change that threatens the continuation of civilization, not the human species, is a result of capitalism.

Every fascist regime in history has been a result of capitalism.

Free markets only exist in theory, corruption always dominates capitalistic markets in practice.

Capitalism is the emperor's new clothes repeatedly sold to us by snake oil peddlers hiding behind a curtain while pulling levers to use smoke and mirrors to make themselves and capitalism appear to be greater than either of them actually are.
    You will get no argument from me.

I will say that capitalism prefers to be birthed in democracy. Its end game is autocracy. It also abhors competition because competition means declining margins.

You will get no argument from me.

I will say that capitalism prefers to be birthed in democracy. Its end game is autocracy. It also abhors competition because competition means declining margins.
    One person having everything and keeping everyone else from having anything is competition. Capitalism does not abhor competition. Capitalists abhor other competitors, but they seek to dominate which is competitive in nature, not cooperative.

I posted three articles that contradict this thing you keep saying.
    Those articles don't address the significant increase in consumer debt along with the large increases in cost to service that debt. So whatever gains in wages is often lost to that. Not to mention the significant increases in housing. The costs of both home ownership and rentals have increased substantially.

Those articles don't address the significant increase in consumer debt along with the large increases in cost to service that debt. So whatever gains in wages is often lost to that. Not to mention the significant increases in housing. The costs of both home ownership and rentals have increased substantially.
    Those articles said there is real wage growth. Everyone is saying there is real wage growth, except for you.

I think you're confusing wage growth with asset/wealth growth. Those are different things.

Increases in housing were considered in those articles as part of the inflation.

The slight wage growth among lower wage earners is real. That's just an objective fact. It doesn't mean people are able to build more wealth or assets with it, but the wage growth is real. That's just an objectively verifiable fact and is the only fact I stated and you keep inaccurately saying that fact isn't true.

Last edited:
    Those articles said there is real wage growth. Everyone is saying there is real wage growth, except for you.

I think you're confusing wage growth with asset/wealth growth. Those are different things.

Increases in housing were considered in those articles as part of the inflation.

The slight wage growth among lower wage earners is real. That's just an objective fact. It doesn't mean people are able to build more wealth or assets with it, but the wage growth is real. That's just an objectively verifiable fact and is the only fact I stated and you keep inaccurately saying that fact isn't true.
    I never said there wasn't wage growth. I'm saying essentially that people's purchasing power overall isn't growing. And that's the more important issue anyway. Doesn't matter how much wages grow if you can't buy the same stuff you could before.

Regardless, a lot of people aren't feeling that bump because they aren't receiving the same increase in wages that others are.

One person having everything and keeping everyone else from having anything is competition. Capitalism does not abhor competition. Capitalists abhor other competitors, but they seek to dominate which is competitive in nature, not cooperative.
    No, they hate competition. Rockefeller said it best. Competition is a sin. The overt evidence is massive consolidation within market segments. This is because competition causes shrinking margins. Consolidation results in market power as shown by various examples. Mao-Mart and Target tell vendors what they will pay for product. In my line of work Sherwin-Williams, PPG, Akzo Nobel, RPM, ITW all wield power over raw material suppliers such that smaller companies must pay more. Smaller companies become targets for acquisition.

If others have no access to raw materials then they are not competitive, period.

Control of gross margins especially gross margin percentage is critical to wealth. The price gouging claimed to be done by corporations can be shown simply as maintaining existing margin percentage. If something costs $1 to make and is sold for $2 then the margin percentage is 50%. If costs go up and the same item costs $1.50 to make then it must be sold at $3 to maintain margin percentage. Cost increase must result in profit increase in excess percentage-wise of the cost increase.

No, they hate competition. Rockefeller said it best. Competition is a sin.
    You're too caught up in economic terminology and rhetoric to hear what I'm actually saying.

I'm talking about competition in the human interaction sense. Rockefeller wanted to dominate the entire market. That is a competitive human mindset. There is nothing cooperative about it.

Last edited:
    I never said there wasn't wage growth.
    I said that there was some real wage growth for lower wage earners while Biden has been president.

You said there was no real wage growth after adjusting for inflation. That was a factually inaccurate statement. It may not have been what you meant, but it is what you said.

Pure growth, it's real, but growth relative to inflation and increased costs to carry debt, not so much. But yes, as you said, it's not enough and more needs to be done. My concern is the middle class is shrinking and the wealth gap is getting bigger. Meaning ultimately fewer people are truly getting ahead. I don't know how we fix that unless we see significant interest rate drops and reduced cost to service debt.

IMO, the only way to really fix the wealth gap is to tear up the joke of the tax code we have now and actually write one that makes sense.....those with the most (including corporations) don't come close to paying their fair share, it has really hurt the working class....and it makes zero sense unless you are one of those greedy a-holes or in the case of many of our politicians/lawmakers, in their pockets......

IMO, the only way to really fix the wealth gap is to tear up the joke of the tax code we have now and actually write one that makes sense.....those with the most (including corporations) don't come close to paying their fair share, it has really hurt the working class....and it makes zero sense unless you are one of those greedy a-holes or in the case of many of our politicians/lawmakers, in their pockets......
    I agree the tax code is highly favorable to those who can take advantage of all of the legal loopholes that allow them to have very low effective tax rates.

You're too caught up in economic terminology and rhetoric to hear what I'm actually saying.

I'm talking about competition in the human interaction sense. Rockefeller wanted to dominate the entire market. That is a competitive human mindset. There is nothing cooperative about it.
    Human interaction outside the concept of capitalism is cooperation. What you are describing is greed. Political economic power in a capitalist system must be greed based. From early age we are presented with sharing. Children playing together are told to share, shown how to share. Then we are presented with systemic illness based upon “success” which requires acquiring power and thereby destroying competition. So-called team sports do not teach cooperation. They teach competition because winning, destroying competition, is the goal. Competition is the twisting and distortion of cooperation.

The entirety of Western “Civilization” is in dire need of mental healthcare. And where the West has spread its theophilosophy of There Is No Alternative and so-called development its mental illness has been spread. There are also other forms of mental illness present in humans but we will stick with the West for now.

Human interaction outside the concept of capitalism is cooperation.
    You're starting to sound like a bad AI chat program quoting economic theory in a very compartmentalized way. Instead of trying to shoehorn what I'm saying into the economic theory you've learned, hear it in the human terms that I'm actually speaking. Or not. The choice is yours.

Humans competing with each other instead of cooperating exists outside of capitalism. Some humans within capitalism cooperate economically. Textbook, theoretical capitalism and actual real world capitalism are very different.

Anyone trying to eliminate the competition is being competitive. They are competing to be the dominant party, no matter what their motivation is to be dominant. Domination is competitive.

Even if a person manages to dominate everyone else they still keep competing to maintain that domination.

I agree the tax code is highly favorable to those who can take advantage of all of the legal loopholes that allow them to have very low effective tax rates.

One of the reasons I will never vote R again in my lifetime.....even the moderates in the party still subscribe and support that trickle down nonsense.....

I would assume there were other arrests. Just like any other shoplifting or other crime ring, they tend to use juveniles to do the actual thefts. Probably a rotating crew and not always the same ones.
    I'm guessing the numbers are even worse now

Democrats like open borders for more representation in Congress and eventual votes once they eventually get amnesty passed.

What I don't understand is why the progressive DA's that Soros likes to support don't want to prosecute many criminals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom