Biden Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not that it matters to sfl's world views, but hours before the invasion, zelensky accepted all of Putin's demands. when one is trapped in a bubble and given up critical thoughts, facts don't matter. like much before acceptance of science as a way of explaining the world, conspiracy, superstition and mythology are easier. shown that the logical conclusion to a conspiracy doesn't make sense, a new one is then twisted out of thin air.

Not that it matters to sfl's world views, but hours before the invasion, zelensky accepted all of Putin's demands. when one is trapped in a bubble and given up critical thoughts, facts don't matter. like much before acceptance of science as a way of explaining the world, conspiracy, superstition and mythology are easier. shown that the logical conclusion to a conspiracy doesn't make sense, a new one is then twisted out of thin air.
    When you debate with someone to whom facts don't matter. It bugs me that he can't see through all the nonsense he spews. Smh.

Eventhough the war could have been avoided or stopped at the beginning if Ukraine simply pledged to be neutral and not join NATO.
    First they should have been happy that Russia only took Crimea. So when should they no longer be happy? Oh, when Russia takes Kyiv? That will make Russia stop?

This is one of the reasons people whose entire worldview is shaped by alternative information sources on the internet and podcasts are so dangerous. I call it podcast culture, and it's incredibly predictable. They think they are free thinkers, but really they are all just regurgitating the same talking points from foreign sources that have infiltrated the American discourse through the Internet. They did something very similar during the Civil Rights Movement, just not as successfully.

Lenin had a great phrase for these people, and the Internet has allowed Putin to maximize the tactic. They lost during the Cold War when they tried the same tactic. This time I think they are winning.

This is one of the reasons people whose entire worldview is shaped by alternative information sources on the internet and podcasts are so dangerous. I call it podcast culture, and it's incredibly predictable. They think they are free thinkers, but really they are all just regurgitating the same talking points from foreign sources that have infiltrated the American discourse through the Internet. They did something very similar during the Civil Rights Movement, just not as successfully.

Lenin had a great phrase for these people, and the Internet has allowed Putin to maximize the tactic. They lost during the Cold War when they tried the same tactic. This time I think they are winning.
    Precisely. Well said. It's partly why I mentioned forgetting history.

The guy who said Biden wasn't corrupt because his tax returns were fine wants to lecture people about their worldview? That's hilarious. Where did you get that from? I'm guessing it wasn't a podcast? Maybe NPR

You are familiar with how many times the government and the corporate media has lied to us about the wars we are involved in right? No matter how many countries we ruin or destabilize we never learn our lesson, but that's because one of the major factors of war is to enrich the military industrial complex. I'm sure where you get your news from always mentions that the people involved in pushing us towards war are usually getting paid or campaign contributions from the very people or companies that benefit financially from the wars right?

Last edited:
    I get my news from Reuter's

They don't lie. They are around for this specific reason - since WW2. They have made mistakes, not malicious decisions and print corrections.

They say the conspiracy theories being espoused here are bullshirt. I tend to agree with them.

And I have a questions for the group -

Who has more to gain by overtly lying to stay relevant - A multinational media conglomerate, sworn to honesty since their inception for just that reason. Or a person on the internet who is only monetized by clicks that drive ads on their page? Your twitter source is being paid to get you to come read more of their stuff. Straight news is boring.

I know it seems like it should be a hard decision. But it isn't.

I get my news from Reuter's

They don't lie. They are around for this specific reason - since WW2. They have made mistakes, not malicious decisions and print corrections.

They say the conspiracy theories being espoused here are bullshirt. I tend to agree with them.

And I have a questions for the group -

Who has more to gain by overtly lying to stay relevant - A multinational media conglomerate, sworn to honesty since their inception for just that reason. Or a person on the internet who is only monetized by clicks that drive ads on their page? Your twitter source is being paid to get you to come read more of their stuff. Straight news is boring.

I know it seems like it should be a hard decision. But it isn't.
    I like to say "a fool and his money..." in this case, "a fool and his internet..."

People who believe conspiracy theories tend to have an over-inflated view of their own intelligence. Scammers use that to entice them to believe that they can see what the rest of us cannot. It confirms their opinion of themselves when it’s possible there isn’t a whole lot of other confirmation of their intelligence coming their way. This is “in general” and not meant to reference any particular person.

Another trigger for conspiracy theorists is a feeling of losing control - so something like a global pandemic will push those who are pre-disposed to conspiratorial thinking into the midst of it.

Great economic news today. Really astonishing.

That's all well and good, but we'll need several months of sustained wage growth to make up for the lost purchasing power of the last 2-3 years. Not anywhere near out of the woods yet, and a large percentage of the population are pretty much stuck in their current homes because it makes no sense to move and have a higher mortgage after downsizing. And rents are higher than ever.

Housing prices are unsustainable with interest rates above 7%. Something has to give.

And used cars aren't getting sold in parts of the country. It's gonna be tricky to determine what the best public policy approach is going to be with sectors of the economy doing well and other sectors in a precarious position at the moment.

That's all well and good, but we'll need several months of sustained wage growth to make up for the lost purchasing power of the last 2-3 years. Not anywhere near out of the woods yet, and a large percentage of the population are pretty much stuck in their current homes because it makes no sense to move and have a higher mortgage after downsizing. And rents are higher than ever.

Housing prices are unsustainable with interest rates above 7%. Something has to give.

And used cars aren't getting sold in parts of the country. It's gonna be tricky to determine what the best public policy approach is going to be with sectors of the economy doing well and other sectors in a precarious position at the moment.
    Tax cuts for the rich, obviously.

It fixes everything.

Oh, and oppressing women and gays. If we do that viciously enough, Yahweh will wave his wand and make everything peachykeen.

Great economic news today. Really astonishing.

The reason why this doesn't resonate is it's partially fueled by Americans going to even deeper debt. We are at all time highs for credit card debt.

The reason why this doesn't resonate is it's partially fueled by Americans going to even deeper debt. We are at all time highs for credit card debt.
    Not to mention corporate debt is sky-high as well.

Are you interested in going to fight the Russians? We can probably get you signed up pretty quickly since you are so gung-ho about the war.
    No clue how you came up with this conclusion. It’s not based on any reality I’m aware of. But this is what we get from the Right Wing daily: Did we fool’ya?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom