Biden Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cute.
    The DOE findings said the Evanston- Skokie School District violated civil rights law by:

— Separating administrators in a professional development training program in August, 2019 into two groups based on race — white and non-white.

— Offering various “racially exclusive affinity groups” that separated students, parents and community members by race.

— Implementing a disciplinary policy that included “explicit direction” to staffers to consider a student’s race when meting out discipline.

— Carried out a “Colorism Privilege Walk” that separated seventh and eight grade students into different groups based on race.

“If you are white take 2 steps forward. If you’re a person of color with dark skin, take 2 steps back. If you’re black, take 2 steps back,” the privilege walk exercise said..

The goal was for white students students to “learn more about white privilege, internalized dominance, microaggressions and how to act as an ally for students of color,” the lesson plan said.

But Ashely of the DOE concluded the school district “engaged in intentional race discrimination by coordinating and conducting racially exclusive affinity groups, which resulted in the separation of participants in district programs based on race in violation of the Title 6 regulation.”

So, trump's DoED defined an exercise in racial equity as a "race based affinity group" and attempted to shut it and any other similar exercises down.

I find this report completely lacking (to say the least) because it is based off of nothing at all. It cites a drafted letter by the former DoED OCR and it quotes a statement by a school district principle that the proceedings were suspended that was not verified with the DoED.

So, can you tell me why is it racist for schools to perform racial equity exercises?

It's pretty racist and, overall, a hamfisted way to encourage legitimate discussion of racial inequality. Was the Biden administration right to kibosh the suit? Strictly speaking, probably not. However, is there a more nuanced way to address this? Yes.

Let's be clear, the concept of 'racism against white people' has never reached the depths of racism against minorities in this country. Not even close. This isn't Emmett Till or Fred Koramatsu we're talking about. That said, wacky classroom exercises like this only fuel the garbage narrative spewed by Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro that white people are being erased.

Honestly- if no skin was even broken if I were that Secret Service guy I wouldn't have even reported it. That and the other "aggressive" behavior sounds like just playing to me. This sounds a little ridiculous. Maybe the Secret Service screening process should involve making sure candidates aren't afraid of domesticated dogs.

Is anyone free to answer this?
    Sure.

For me, I believe some of those exercises are just plain dumb and they tend to detract from the actual issues, but I fail to see them as racist. They are better, more productive ways of addressing certain issues other than attempting to make people feel guilty about who they are.

Sure.

For me, I believe some of those exercises are just plain dumb and they tend to detract from the actual issues, but I fail to see them as racist. They are better, more productive ways of addressing certain issues other than attempting to make people feel guilty about who they are.
    kinda tangential - but here's the mindfield that i've noticed
    Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - the 'Inclusion' belies a paradox
    if there is not already Inclusion baked into your organization, then your organization is problematic
    on the dl, what the organization wants is for the 'diversity' to adapt to the problematic structure (to put it bluntly - 'we want the PoC to learn how to operate in white organizational culture)
    MOST organizations would have to go through radical structural change to accomplish any actual DEI work
    but most leaders of those organizations just do not have the tools to even recognize the problematic structures at play
    it's doomed to fail if the leaders who are tasked with maintaining the organizational dynamics are also the ones tasked with implementing structural change
    so you're going to get DEI programs that have high 'it looks like we are trying to change' programs with very low 'we are changing' effects

Honestly- if no skin was even broken if I were that Secret Service guy I wouldn't have even reported it. That and the other "aggressive" behavior sounds like just playing to me. This sounds a little ridiculous. Maybe the Secret Service screening process should involve making sure candidates aren't afraid of domesticated dogs.

I've been around many German Shepards, most recently my SIL had one from 2003 until he passed (sadly, too soon, RIP Thunder) in 2011. They are incredibly intelligent dogs that really, really like to play and sometimes play a bit rough. Thunder would often nip your hand to get your attention, I wonder if that is what Major was doing....

You guys do realize you are trying to defend a dog biting someone just because it is Biden's dog? I do find that comical.
    It also find it comical that some people (on the right consider this a news story too)
    Dogs bite people. It can be said that maybe that is why humans first domesticated the animal to begin with. The dog bit a stranger in an unfamiliar environment. Dogs will dogs, especially Shepard dogs. Honestly, who cares?

if there is not already Inclusion baked into your organization, then your organization is problematic
    on the dl, what the organization wants is for the 'diversity' to adapt to the problematic structure (to put it bluntly - 'we want the PoC to learn how to operate in white organizational culture)
    MOST organizations would have to go through radical structural change to accomplish any actual DEI work
    but most leaders of those organizations just do not have the tools to even recognize the problematic structures at play
    it's doomed to fail if the leaders who are tasked with maintaining the organizational dynamics are also the ones tasked with implementing structural change
    so you're going to get DEI programs that have high 'it looks like we are trying to change' programs with very low 'we are changing' effects
    Why is it problematic?
    To whom is it problematic and there cannot be any punishment leveled at an organization that is not all aboard the DEI train?

I've been around many German Shepards, most recently my SIL had one from 2003 until he passed (sadly, too soon, RIP Thunder) in 2011. They are incredibly intelligent dogs that really, really like to play and sometimes play a bit rough. Thunder would often nip your hand to get your attention, I wonder if that is what Major was doing....
    They are amazing dogs when well trained. My uncle had one that was awesome but clicked out for a second once when I was a kid and jumped up at me and bit me. And trust me, when she did she wasn't just trying to get my attention. She didn't draw blood with her teeth but did scratch the shirt out of me and the growling was terrifying in and of itself.

Biden probably had to send his back home because of insurance reasons. Most insurance companies won't write liability on German Shepards (though some are starting to take them off of the ineligible breed list) and with it being the federal government, that's a hell of a law suit if the dog has a history of biting. I'm almost certain this was a lawyer's call, not Biden's.

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're suggesting. Maybe some examples would better illustrate what you're proposing?

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're suggesting. Maybe some examples would better illustrate what you're proposing?
    not proposing anything really (this was more darkness cursing than candle lighting)
    i'm saying that "inclusion" is the wrong approach bc you're bringing someone into a broken system instead of fixing the system
    BUT
    the fix would be something like (let's just use the NFL) get a 'representative sample' of your players, trainers, staff and coaches and invest them with real power over hire/fire/promotion/retention, et al practices
    nobody in upper management or ownership has any veto power

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom