Barr attempts to fire US Attorney for SDNY, who refuses to step down (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Well it will be interesting what develops from this over the next few weeks...

Moral of the story: don't piss off the fair leader.

I guess my question to our lawyer friends is, "Is this the end of this episode or is this just the teaser for the season finale?

Forgive the screen shot, but it captures all three tweets.

3C57551D-3712-408A-8FF5-473FA776657D.jpeg

So that must mean that Trump can’t make an interim appointment. I’m in weekend mode and don’t feel like legal research. 😜
    Certainly understand and do appreciate the legal discussion that both you and JimEverrett bring to the board.....as well as any others who are lawyers. I'm only aware of Chuck and JE.

Won't those investigations continue no matter who is the US Attorney ? If the new US Attorney tries to stop any investigations into Trump won't we hear about it?

The SDNY has been investigating Trump for a while right? If Trump and Barr were trying to stop an investigation, why did they plan to leave Berman in place until July 3rd? Why did Berman act like he wasn't supposed to remain in place until July 3rd when he said he was still coming into work?

I assume Mueller looked at Trump's tax returns and accounting records. I'm curious what people think the SDNY will find that Mueller couldn't. I don't have a problem with the SDNY investigating Trump. Are people claiming something imminent was about to happen so that's why they removed Berman? Berman was only appointed as temporary until the judges appointed him to serve longer.

Last edited:
    The ineptitude seems wild. But I wonder if it’s a reflection of some real concern over the links alleged to exist between Barr and Giuliani and Ukraine and the haste of an unexpected but necessary defensive response

The ineptitude seems wild. But I wonder if it’s a reflection of some real concern over the links alleged to exist between Barr and Giuliani and Ukraine and the haste of an unexpected but necessary defensive response

yeah.. it feels like something really scared them, badly since this seem like a very desperate move and apparently also urgent.

Do you think those investigations will stop with a new US Attorney for SDNY? Berman was initially appointed as a temporary US Attorney correct?

Do you think those investigations will stop with a new US Attorney for SDNY? Berman was initially appointed as a temporary US Attorney correct?

They attempted to replace him with Clayton. Considering that personal and professional history, are you certain that whatever they are/were working on that might be damaging continues?

Do you not see a concern with the timing and the attempted circumvention in installing him in such shady fashion?

No flags raised at all?

WASHINGTON (AP) — An unusual standoff between Attorney General William Barr and Manhattan's top federal prosecutor ended Saturday when the prosecutor agreed to leave his job with an assurance that investigations by the prosecutor's office into the president's allies would not be disturbed.

They attempted to replace him with Clayton. Considering that personal and professional history, are you certain that whatever they are/were working on that might be damaging continues?

Do you not see a concern with the timing and the attempted circumvention in installing him in such shady fashion?

No flags raised at all?
    I know I posted the article after your post, but it talks about Beerman agreeing to step down after getting an assurance that the investigations will continue unimpeded.

It seems like all the consternation was premature.

I know I posted the article after your post, but it talks about Beerman agreeing to step down after getting an assurance that the investigations will continue unimpeded.

It seems like all the consternation was premature.

I disagree that it was unwarranted or premature.

When it happened, and the inability to be on the same page, and trying to get Clayton in there in such underhanded fashion are still disconcerting.

And I'm fine with Strauss taking over and Berman testifying. But Clayton is still out there. I don't feel this is over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom