Barr attempts to fire US Attorney for SDNY, who refuses to step down (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Well it will be interesting what develops from this over the next few weeks...

Moral of the story: don't piss off the fair leader.

House Judiciary Committee to hold hearing (Nadler is not only the chair but the rep for a congressional district that overlaps with SDNY.

Do you know of any legal or ethical reason why Berman might need to decline testifying before the Judiciary committee?

Just for further context, here's the story of Berman's initial appointment.

Do you know of any legal or ethical reason why Berman might need to decline testifying before the Judiciary committee?

Executive privilege.

(Not saying it applies - just that it is often in play when an exec official is called to testify).

Last edited:

This looks very corrupt.

Here’s a pretty good thread explaining things. Confirms where chuck ended up, I think, lol. Trump can fire Bergman, Barr cannot.

Here’s a pretty good thread explaining things. Confirms where chuck ended up, I think, lol. Trump can fire Bergman, Barr cannot.

The gist is that Bergman has a good chance of challenging this in court until after the administration changes, and in the meantime he can accelerate the building of the case that this is intended to prevent being built.

Interesting thread. Unless I'm reading wrong, I don't think he's saying Trump factually can fire Berman. He's saying that the OLC will be enacted to kick him out, but that's where the test in court will likely begin to see if it holds water because it's never been tested.

Last edited:

Havent read this whole thread yet but wow.

Not sure how much I'd trust Abramson, but 500 pages with 1k citations is a lot. And if it's true that Barr is actually a co-conspirator on money laundering for the 2020 campaign is legit? Then wow, indeed. The assertion is - in that thread - that SDNY has someone with the receipts and is cooperating with them.

Again, no idea how factually accurate this will turn out to be, but an allegation like that is worth following.

And it's gonna make for a wild season 4 of Ozark

The attempt has been made. Barr asked Trump to fire Bergman and he did. Barr seemed very salty in his response to Bergman refusing to resign.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom