An Amicable Separation/Decentralization/Secession (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    https://nationalfile.com/why-dont-w...d-divide-up-into-like-two-or-three-countries/

I find myself never agreeing with this looney tune but I think she is might be on to something. At the very minimum for a conversation. I heard this yesterday evening and have been thinking about a lot last night and today. Curious on others thoughts.
    Why do we all have to share a federal government. The 2 sides are not just politically apart, but are different in their core values. I think this needs to be discussed before conflict actually boils to the top.
    If we are honest, it is already simmering. This should be a like a divorce only with vast population migration to different areas.
    We remain allies with defensive pacts and trade pacts but share not common government.
    I get the first reaction is horror but if you think about it, it might be the only way...

What would it look like? What regions/states would go where?

I’m asking the guy who thinks we should have an education requirement for voting to list his academic qualifications. That should not be a difficult task, except that he put me on ignore because he’s too emotional.

hmm wasn't there a topic a year or so ago about this very thing?
    This comment seems eerily familiar

You guys (left and alt-left) believe the 'great reset/great replacement' theory is just alt-right/white supremacy conspiracy theory correct?
    Because this sounds exactly like that. So the great reset or actually, the great replacement is an actual thing that will happen. Seems like a double edged sword you are wielding. So, which is it. Am I a white supremist for agreeing with @insidejob here. Is @insidejob also a white supremacist? I get really confused lately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Replacement

The thing is, people are making a conspiracy out of something that is destined to happen not because it is a great plan but just by simple population and social trends. The human race is slowly but surely turning brown, not because of a nefarious plan to wipe out white people, but because ethnic groups are mixing more and more because of social/geographical mobility and evolving attitudes towards ethnicity. And that's true not just for white people, but for black people as well... the Great Black Replacement, right :hihi:

But if it makes people feel better, the blue eyes/no melanin DNA will still be inside everyone's genes.

And, you cannot discard that a random evolutionary mutation will make a skin color like blue or green more prevalent among the world's population.

Last edited:
    You are correct. I often over react.
    Why is the fun fact still being used to the depth it was during the pandemic?

People have 4 years to figure out how to get a license and save up for the most times free license if they want to vote. If they won't go through that trouble, maybe they should not be voting. Remember, I think you should have to pass a basic test in order to vote. I want less voters, not more. I want educated voters, not emotional voters so I don't care if someone can't vote. It is ridiculously easy to vote in this country.
    Careful, you are agreeing with white supremacy conspiracy theories with the great replacement.

I am sure no one listed catholic when getting an abortion tongue in cheek, but I do love when we always take a swipe at my personal faith. Classy!
    The states have not, by and large, kept the pandemic measures in place. Mine hasn’t. But that’s up to each state anyway. 🤷‍♀️

What you are suggesting, a literacy or competency test, is unconstitutional, I am pretty sure. And for good reason. Not all that long ago that very method was used by racists to keep black people from voting. I have read a little bit about it, going from memory I think the protocol was to have a couple of different tests. A hard one and an easy one or maybe two easy ones and one hard one. Potential voters “randomly” got one of the tests. Black voters always got the hard test version and white voters got the easy test version. I’m sure that was just a coincidence though, 🙄. This would vary from voting district to district because it was generally a local thing and the states looked the other way. Some locations had a jar of marbles or jelly beans that was brought out when a black person tried to register. They had to correctly guess the number in the jar. No white people ever had to do that. These are facts.

I am certainly not agreeing with the great replacement, I was giving you facts about abortion and who is obtaining them because you tried to say that abortion was common enough to affect the way the population diversity is changing. The great replacement is a vile racist ideology. Ask Carlson, he subscribes to it and pushes it all the time. Breitbart has also pushed it in the past. A lot of right wingers dabble in it. If you don’t agree with me, look it up. I won’t be explaining it to anyone.

My fact about Catholics requesting abortion was definitely not meant as taking a swipe at your religion, it was in the article and I was genuinely surprised. I am sorry if it offended you, it is a fact though.

When it comes to voting all votes carry the same weight. A person with zero knowledge has the same right to vote as a rocket scientist. This is the way it should be, but when the uneducated voters are a large fraction of the population then the politicians pitch the message to the lowest common denominator and the important issues are ignored.

9e172cce782fabb3e8d1797c877828dc.jpg

People have 4 years to figure out how to get a license and save up for the most times free license if they want to vote. If they won't go through that trouble, maybe they should not be voting. Remember, I think you should have to pass a basic test in order to vote. I want less voters, not more. I want educated voters, not emotional voters so I don't care if someone can't vote. It is ridiculously easy to vote in this country.
    Careful, you are agreeing with white supremacy conspiracy theories with the great replacement.

I am sure no one listed catholic when getting an abortion tongue in cheek, but I do love when we always take a swipe at my personal faith. Classy!

I mean, I'm down for this. We should definitely have a QAnon conspiracy test given before you vote, and if you fail you shouldn't be allowed to vote because you're too ignorant and uninformed. Let's get this done all across the country. Our country world definitely be better off without all the Q crazies voting for the MTG's of our country.

Even better if we have one for the politicians running, so we can weed those out before hand.

I mean, I'm down for this. We should definitely have a QAnon conspiracy test given before you vote, and if you fail you shouldn't be allowed to vote because you're too ignorant and uninformed. Let's get this done all across the country. Our country world definitely be better off without all the Q crazies voting for the MTG's of our country.

Even better if we have one for the politicians running, so we can weed those out before hand.
    You know what's also ridiculous? Most common Americans that he is referring won't come close to passing the naturalization test that immigrants needed to pass.

You know what's also ridiculous? Most common Americans that he is referring won't come close to passing the naturalization test that immigrants needed to pass.
    One of my best friends in high school got naturalized as her family is from Laos. When she told me about what was on that test and showed me what she had to use to study for it, I made the same exact statement.

Sign me up for this with a huge caveat, that you must retest every 10 years. You know how many conservative voters with age related cognitive decline would get punted out of the system? Let's go Farb, great idea!

One of my best friends in high school got naturalized as her family is from Laos. When she told me about what was on that test and showed me what she had to use to study for it, I made the same exact statement.
    The problem is that American education is failing and they do not teach Americanism anymore. Therefore American people know nothing about their nation. As a foreigner I knew more about America than the average Joe in the street. Thank the American public schools for that.

The problem is that American education is failing and they do not teach Americanism anymore. Therefore American people know nothing about their nation. As a foreigner I knew more about America than the average Joe in the street. Thank the American public schools for that.
    This post reminded me of the Andy Griffith episode where Barney recites the Preamble.

Any way carry on.

The thing is, people are making a conspiracy out of something that is destined to happen not because it is a great plan but just by simple population and social trends. The human race is slowly but surely turning brown, not because of a nefarious plan to wipe out white people, but because ethnic groups are mixing more and more because of social/geographical mobility and evolving attitudes towards ethnicity. And that's true not just for white people, but for black people as well... the Great Black Replacement, right :hihi:

But if it makes people feel better, the blue eyes/no melanin DNA will still be inside everyone's genes.

And, you cannot discard that a random evolutionary mutation will make a skin color like blue or green more prevalent among the world's population.
    Made me think of this:

https://www.appalachianhistory.net/2018/06/blue-fugates-of-kentucky.html

Blue.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom