All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Got it. Only white people can be racist. Now does this rule apply in other civilizations and cultures as well? In Asia, is it also impossible for a white person to be racist there?
    Interesting but unsurprising that you moved the goalposts. The discussion is racism in the West in general and this country in particular. Frankly, I will let other countries deal with their problems. Systemic racism in this country exists whether or not you admit it is irrelevant.

In Asia, is it also impossible for a white person to be racist there?
    It is not

There are examples in the violence against Asians thread. Teachers overseas who don't pronounce their students names correctly, and either don't bother to learn, intentionally mispronounce the name, or simply bestow a new name, "I'm not learning or saying that, from now on I'll call you George"

and what does that question even mean?

Is it possible for a homophobe to still be a homophobe when surrounded by gay people? Yes, yes it is

south dakota this time

and no one did a thing
    ================

The Jamestown School District has disciplined "a handful" of middle school and high school students who directed racist taunts toward members of the Bismarck High School boys basketball team during a game in Jamestown on Tuesday night.

Jamestown Superintendent Robert Lech did not specify the discipline in a statement issued Thursday, or say how many students were held accountable. He said an investigation was done per the district's nondiscrimination and anti-harassment policy.

"Beyond the more immediate consequences for misconduct, Jamestown Public Schools is responsible for facilitating healing with Bismarck High School, players, coaches, fans and community," he said. "We are partnering with Bismarck Public Schools to consider restorative practices that will help all grow from this very unfortunate experience."

Monkey noises and war whooping could be heard coming from the Jamestown student section when two non-white Bismarck players handled the ball. The incidents were caught on video.

Andre Austin, one of the players, released a statement about the experience.

“The student section stood close to the court for the entire game chanting, mocking, bullying and attempting to throw us off our game," he said. "This is my first experience having to endure such hatred and harassment. I love basketball but this isn't the environment that should be allowed.”

Austin’s mother, Savannah Jade Alkire, is seeking change from the Jamestown School District............

It is not

There are examples in the violence against Asians thread. Teachers overseas who don't pronounce their students names correctly, and either don't bother to learn, intentionally mispronounce the name, or simply bestow a new name, "I'm not learning or saying that, from now on I'll call you George"

and what does that question even mean?

Is it possible for a homophobe to still be a homophobe when surrounded by gay people? Yes, yes it is
    So you agree that racism can be done by anyone in any civilization? What I am asking is do you think a black person can be racist in this country?

https://nypost.com/2023/02/03/video-shows-moment-california-doctor-hit-by-car-stabbed/

Obvious hate crime here.

"Horrifying surveillance footage captured the moment a bicycle-riding California doctor was mowed down by a car at a busy Dana Point intersection — followed by the driver exiting his vehicle and allegedly stabbing him to death.

Ring camera footage from a nearby home shows Dr. Michael John Mammone, 58, flying over the hood of a white Lexus in the Crown Valley Parkway intersection on the Pacific Coast Highway around 3 p.m. Wednesday.

Officials previously confirmed the suspect, Vanroy Evan Smith, 39, then got out of his car brandishing a knife, and inflicted more injuries upon Mammone.

The motive behind the heinous incident remains unclear, and police have said the two men were strangers, but a neighbor told ABC7 she heard the suspect muttering about “white privilege” after hearing what sounded like a “gunshot.”"

So you agree that racism can be done by anyone in any civilization? What I am asking is do you think a black person can be racist in this country?
    Wow. Just dodged the goalposts as they whipped passed.

Your question has been answered multiple times. A black person most assuredly can be a bigot. Racism is an ideology rooted in power position. That you don’t like it is irrelevant.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/03/video-shows-moment-california-doctor-hit-by-car-stabbed/

Obvious hate crime here.

"Horrifying surveillance footage captured the moment a bicycle-riding California doctor was mowed down by a car at a busy Dana Point intersection — followed by the driver exiting his vehicle and allegedly stabbing him to death.

Ring camera footage from a nearby home shows Dr. Michael John Mammone, 58, flying over the hood of a white Lexus in the Crown Valley Parkway intersection on the Pacific Coast Highway around 3 p.m. Wednesday.

Officials previously confirmed the suspect, Vanroy Evan Smith, 39, then got out of his car brandishing a knife, and inflicted more injuries upon Mammone.

The motive behind the heinous incident remains unclear, and police have said the two men were strangers, but a neighbor told ABC7 she heard the suspect muttering about “white privilege” after hearing what sounded like a “gunshot.”"
    And? A person committed a terrible crime. Arrest them, indict them, try them and punish them if convicted.

So, why are conservatives against a federal anti-lynching law?

NYACK, Rockland County (WABC) -- A food vendor in Rockland County is apologizing for what it calls "unintentional insensitivity" for the hot lunch it offered students on the first day of Black History Month.

Students at Nyack Middle School were given chicken and waffles with watermelon for dessert on Feb. 1.

"They were asking people if they want watermelon and I remember being confused because it's not in season," said student Honore Santiago.

Santiago immediately told her mom when she got home. Both were outraged by the message they say it sends to the school's Black students.

"Didn't think the company was capable of making us feel bad...especially the kids my color," Santiago said.

The school's principal said the menu was changed without the school's knowledge and he says the items chosen, "reinforce negative stereotypes concerning the African-American community."

"The offering of chicken & waffles as an entree with watermelon as a dessert on the first day of Black History Month was inexcusably insensitive and reflected a lack of understanding of our district's vision to address racial bias," the school said in a letter to parents. "Nyack Public Schools administrators contacted Aramark officials to insist on a mechanism to avoid a repeat of yesterday's mistake. The vendor has agreed to plan future menu offerings to align with our values and our longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion. We are extremely disappointed by this regrettable situation and apologize to the entire Nyack community for the cultural insensitivity displayed by our food service provider."

The food vendor, Aramark, released the following statement:

"We apologize for the unintentional insensitivity shown on February 1, the first day of Black History Month. While our menu was not intended as a cultural meal, we acknowledge that the timing was inappropriate, and our team should have been more thoughtful in its service. This was a mistake and does not represent the values of our company, and we are committed to doing better in the future. We will be partnering with the District so employees who work in the schools participate in training that aligns to the Nyack School District's vision and commitment to equity-driven work. We believe this will provide a good learning opportunity to deepen understanding on the impact of systemic biases and negative stereotypes concerning the African-American Community."..............

Bunch of words from Aramark that doesn’t answer any key questions. If the menu was changed, when was it changed, who changed it, why did they change it? Just answer those simple questions.

ATLANTA (AP) — A continuing wave of antisemitic flyers hit parts of suburban Atlanta, including the home of Georgia's only Jewish state legislator.

State Rep. Esther Panitch, a freshman Democrat from Sandy Springs, denounced the flyers from the floor of the House Monday, with dozens of fellow members surrounding her to show their condemnation.

“This weekend, it was my turn to be targeted,” Panitch said. “Unfortunately, it’s not the first time to be afraid as a Jew in the United States.”

The flyers were found in driveways in Sandy Springs and Dunwoody on Sunday, packaged in plastic baggies and weighed down with corn. Police in both cities said they are investigating.

Similar flyers have been found recently in other Georgia communities including Acworth, Cartersville, Columbus and Kennesaw. People have also reported antisemitic flyers in other cities nationwide.

Panitch vowed action. She's a co-sponsor of a House Bill 30, which would adopt the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's “working definition of anti-Semitism” as Georgia law. In short, it defines it as rhetorical or physical manifestations of hatred toward Jews. This includes “targeting of the state of Israel," although it also says that “criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as antisemitic.”

Such a definition could trigger enhanced penalties for anti-Jewish criminal acts under Georgia's 2020 hate crimes law. Supporters say that too often, agencies don't react forcefully enough to antisemitic acts.

“We must please listen to the communities for the solutions they need,” Panitch said. “Do not dismiss them. Do not tell them it won’t matter or it’s not necessary. Hear them. We need your help. We’ve had enough. We hope you have as well.”

There’s no evidence that the flyers are related to the proposed law or that Panitch in particular was targeted. Some of the neighborhoods targeted are near a Jewish community center.

The flyers brought a wave of condemnation including from Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. The Republican said state investigators would help local police if needed...........

You keep saying that only white people can be racist. Why is that? No one else here has made that claim. Why do you keep doing it?
    I thought racism now has to do with the power structure, is that incorrect?

And? A person committed a terrible crime. Arrest them, indict them, try them and punish them if convicted.

So, why are conservatives against a federal anti-lynching law?
    What does this have to do with anti-lynching laws?

Wow. Just dodged the goalposts as they whipped passed.

Your question has been answered multiple times. A black person most assuredly can be a bigot. Racism is an ideology rooted in power position. That you don’t like it is irrelevant.
    Ok thank you for clearing that up. So, in this country, only a white person can be a racist but anyone can be a bigot.
    Is that still correct?

This is a great idea and one I hadn't thought about. It can be used by Republicans who are currently complaining about CRT. If they stop talking about it, it will disappear. They should just ignore CRT.
    whoa whoa..hold on now, this isn't the time to get logical.. there is no room for that in a discussion with people like that...

Ok thank you for clearing that up. So, in this country, only a white person can be a racist but anyone can be a bigot.
    Is that still correct?
    Pointlessness is your forte. You’ve been told what racism is. You refuse to accept it because it upsets your world. I am sorry that it does but as Mick and the boys say: “you can’t always get what you want.” Your world does not exist in reality. Try coming into the light.

I thought racism now has to do with the power structure, is that incorrect?
    No! You actually got it! Congratulations! Thanks for admitting, finally, that racism derives from power structures.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom