All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Pointlessness is your forte. You’ve been told what racism is. You refuse to accept it because it upsets your world. I am sorry that it does but as Mick and the boys say: “you can’t always get what you want.” Your world does not exist in reality. Try coming into the light.

Definitions

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

• noun The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    • noun Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Again with the 'you have been told' when what you spout is incorrect. This has now been place up there for other saying that the left wingers use. Add that to 'say it louder for the those in the back', 'full stop', and 'do the work'. If you get 3 people to agree with you, then the 4 of you are wrong. Good job.

No! You actually got it! Congratulations! Thanks for admitting, finally, that racism derives from power structures.
    So every civilization/society/country that has ever existed on this planet has been and is racist? Correct?

I am just trying to figure out the new and changing logic on you guys.

Ok thank you for clearing that up. So, in this country, only a white person can be a racist but anyone can be a bigot.
    Is that still correct?
    It has always been correct due to the nature of a society established, primarily, by Western Europeans that utilized the concept of racism arising from Greek/Roman antecedents.

Again, that you don’t like it is irrelevant.

Definitions

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

• noun The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    • noun Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Again with the 'you have been told' when what you spout is incorrect. This has now been place up there for other saying that the left wingers use. Add that to 'say it louder for the those in the back', 'full stop', and 'do the work'. If you get 3 people to agree with you, then the 4 of you are wrong. Good job.
    Failure again. Dictionary definitions do not arbitrarily apply when seized and stretched by those such as yourself. The first definition is the override which the second definition falls under. The power structures are based upon an ideology derived by “white” people based upon immutable and unchangeable characteristics. Skin color in particular and a host of other alleged physical characteristics are utilized by racists in power to determine certain humans are less than human.

Again, whether you like it or not is irrelevant.

Students, parents, teachers, and school administrators at John Knight Middle School in Dixon, California are reeling after a racist Instagram post on social media targeted the school, according to KCRA.

The incident comes just as Black History Month began this year.

"Superintendent Brian Dolan said a parent made him aware of the post on Wednesday and called a parent meeting, and news conference Wednesday night," reported Michelle Bandur. "'This is the most extreme incident that I've been connected to in any way about this type of speech. This type of actions with regards to race, nothing close before, and with complete disregard,' Dolan said."

According to Dolan, the post was a "twisted collage" of 20 images of five students and the principal — all of whom were either Black or biracial — posing smiling above the caption "Happy black history month to all of the monkeys."

The student responsible has been identified as a seventh grader. This student reportedly could be suspended or expelled, and may face criminal charges over the incident. The school has also provided counselors to help children upset or traumatized by the incident.............

Students, parents, teachers, and school administrators at John Knight Middle School in Dixon, California are reeling after a racist Instagram post on social media targeted the school, according to KCRA.

The incident comes just as Black History Month began this year.

"Superintendent Brian Dolan said a parent made him aware of the post on Wednesday and called a parent meeting, and news conference Wednesday night," reported Michelle Bandur. "'This is the most extreme incident that I've been connected to in any way about this type of speech. This type of actions with regards to race, nothing close before, and with complete disregard,' Dolan said."

According to Dolan, the post was a "twisted collage" of 20 images of five students and the principal — all of whom were either Black or biracial — posing smiling above the caption "Happy black history month to all of the monkeys."

The student responsible has been identified as a seventh grader. This student reportedly could be suspended or expelled, and may face criminal charges over the incident. The school has also provided counselors to help children upset or traumatized by the incident.............

That kids parents must be proud.. Now that i think of it, they probably are... They'll probably try to say it was a "misunderstading" and taken out of context...

Meanwhile:

Bexley teacher put on leave following racist incident involving middle school students​

A Bexley Middle School teacher was placed on administrative leave after a racist image appeared behind two students reading morning announcements on Friday.
    According to the school district, the image appeared on a green screen behind the two student anchors.
    The image of an orangutan eating a watermelon was displayed immediately after a historical fact was read about Black History Month, according to Superintendent Dr. Jason Fine

That kids parents must be proud.. Now that i think of it, they probably are... They'll probably try to say it was a "misunderstading" and taken out of context...

Meanwhile:

Bexley teacher put on leave following racist incident involving middle school students​

posted about that on EE

these school incidents always make me think of people who desperately trying to make racism an 'older generation' problem that will literally die off

i do wonder if these kids are truly racist or just trying to be cool for their group of friends? and maybe that's the case for the whole group

that reminds me of a covid story that there was a late teen/early 20s super anti vaxxer who it turned out gotten the shot right away (his mother posted about it on facebook), the guy was horribly embarrased but it turned out that most of the group of friends who ranted about every vaccine conspiracy theory under the sun had also gotten the shot

a line I picked up somewhere 'never underestimate the appeal of acting like an butt crevasse with your butt crevasse friends'

Last edited:
    Failure again. Dictionary definitions do not arbitrarily apply when seized and stretched by those such as yourself. The first definition is the override which the second definition falls under. The power structures are based upon an ideology derived by “white” people based upon immutable and unchangeable characteristics. Skin color in particular and a host of other alleged physical characteristics are utilized by racists in power to determine certain humans are less than human.

Again, whether you like it or not is irrelevant.
    See, I think the truth is relevant.
    By your explanation above, only white people are racist then? Do you agree with my statement on your beliefs?

See, I think the truth is relevant.
    By your explanation above, only white people are racist then? Do you agree with my statement on your beliefs?
    I’ll try to use small words for you but that is likely impossible.

1) Anyone can be a bigot.
    2) Racism is an ideology based upon characteristics deemed immutable and unchangeable.
    3) These characteristics arise from imagined actions and abilities which allow those creating the ideology to feel superior to sub-human “others”.
    4) In the West in general and the United States in particular this ideology manifested itself in the form of slavery followed by Jim Crow and the establishment of institutions designed to reinforce the ideology. Also included in this are actions reinforced by ideology holders that are not arbitrarily supported by law but by social convention created by ideology holders.

Your line about truth would be laughable were it not pathetic. You are uninterested in truth. You are interested in trying to gain vindication for your internal belief system skewed though it is. Thus you can claim a measure of superiority by saying “See! Blacks (or Asians or fill-in-the-blank) are racist too!”. It simply isn’t satisfying your hunger that others may be bigots while racism, in this country, is peculiar to white people.

Racism is an affliction of the mind. A Buddhist teacher once pointed out to me that learning is not about what you learn, but about what you unlearn. If you were born in the United States when I was, and you're white, racism is something you most likely had to unlearn. If I go back in my mind and look at my mind, I can see the unlearning process taking place within myself as the years went by. But, it doesn't really take hold, the unlearning that is, until you identify, actively question, and let go of, the racist thoughts that cross your mind. Racists don't have that ability. They believe their thoughts and that is a big mistake.

"Nirvana is available in the here and now. It is not a place to go to when we pass away. It is available to all of us when we are alive. The word “nirvana" was used by peasant farmers in India to describe the cooling down of the ashes after the fire is out. The Buddha used “nirvana” to describe the cooling of the fire of afflictions - namely the cooling of anger, fear, anxiety, and so on. With mindfulness, concentration and insight, each one of us can refresh our spirit, cool our afflictions and touch nirvana in the very here and now. " Thich Nhat Hanh

Racism is an affliction of the mind. A Buddhist teacher once pointed out to me that learning is not about what you learn, but about what you unlearn. If you were born in the United States when I was, and you're white, racism is something you most likely had to unlearn. If I go back in my mind and look at my mind, I can see the unlearning process taking place within myself as the years went by. But, it doesn't really take hold, the unlearning that is, until you identify, actively question, and let go of, the racist thoughts that cross your mind. Racists don't have that ability. They believe their thoughts and that is a big mistake.

"Nirvana is available in the here and now. It is not a place to go to when we pass away. It is available to all of us when we are alive. The word “nirvana" was used by peasant farmers in India to describe the cooling down of the ashes after the fire is out. The Buddha used “nirvana” to describe the cooling of the fire of afflictions - namely the cooling of anger, fear, anxiety, and so on. With mindfulness, concentration and insight, each one of us can refresh our spirit, cool our afflictions and touch nirvana in the very here and now. " Thich Nhat Hanh
    Well, yes and no. It is learned. I suppose that it can be looked at as an affliction. To me it is a lizard brain reaction. The “other” is unknown and, perhaps, to the lizard brain unknowable. Thus as a defense mechanism which is tribalism the other is deemed, dangerous, evil, lazy, diseased and so on. In short they are sub-human capable of being trained to not make a mess in the house but incapable of becoming human.

Well, yes and no. It is learned. I suppose that it can be looked at as an affliction. To me it is a lizard brain reaction. The “other” is unknown and, perhaps, to the lizard brain unknowable. Thus as a defense mechanism which is tribalism the other is deemed, dangerous, evil, lazy, diseased and so on. In short they are sub-human capable of being trained to not make a mess in the house but incapable of becoming human.
    Yes, but we don't have a lizard brain as far as I know.

Last edited:
    Lizard brain is just a saying that refers to the part of the brain that handles unconscious activities.

Lizard brain is just a saying that refers to the part of the brain that handles unconscious activities.
    I know, or the emotional rather than rational, I'm just playing a bit. But at this point, if someone doesn't know that African Americans aren't "dangerous, evil, lazy, diseased, and so on" they're afflicted. And if they aren't making an effort to make themselves, and this society, healthier it isn't due to a lizard brain either literally or figuratively.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom