All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

What about the left wing insurrections in Minneapolis that burned down a police station, or when they attacked the federal courthouse?
    There was a lot of love in those crowds. You couldn't tell it wasn't a normal day. The sooner we stop talking about those protests, the sooner we can move on.

It's laughable that you act like the idiots who stormed the Capitol had any chance of taking over the most powerful & militaristic country in the world.
    Those traitors who stormed the capitol were encouraged by the guy who ran the country (into the ground) and had installed puppets into various departments in order to attempt to take over the government. The only reason they didn't succeed is because there were people in the right positions that were not traitors and to whom the oath of office they took actually meant something.
    I do understand the left has to keep up this exaggeration to show the need for their domestic terrorism law and more censorship.
    :hahar:

The only censorship I’m seeing right now is coming from the GOP. They don’t want certain historical facts to be discussed in schools. They are busy passing state laws to prevent teachers from saying certain things.

Also isn’t it a Republican head of the FBI who has called domestic terrorism this country’s greatest threat right now?

So slanted. So divorced from reality.

I want to be clear here, this is an example of racism to you?
    So, I want to thank you for your question. It made me engage myself in an interesting thought experiment.

However, before I answer, and I hate being that guy, I want to answer your question with a question. Because I feel we have a unique opportunity here. Reading what I wrote, what is YOUR assessment of what happened? Do you think it was racist?

I think the easy out for this discussion is for us to all examine what I think but I think the harder thing to do, and ultimately more fruitful, is for you to express what you see and juxtapose that against my perspective and experience.

So, I want to thank you for your question. It made me engage myself in an interesting thought experiment.

However, before I answer, and I hate being that guy, I want to answer your question with a question. Because I feel we have a unique opportunity here. Reading what I wrote, what is YOUR assessment of what happened? Do you think it was racist?

I think the easy out for this discussion is for us to all examine what I think but I think the harder thing to do, and ultimately more fruitful, is for you to express what you see and juxtapose that against my perspective and experience.
    Do I think the cop was racist for turning around and following you? I will honestly say, I don't know, I don't know the cop's heart but more than likely not.

From my experiences (everyone will watch where cops are going if they blow by you, that is human nature and not a behavior only picked up by blacks because of racist cops) the cop probably was looking for a similar car/suspect that just committed a crime. Your tag was probably run and nothing so they turned around and kept looking.

I would imagine your experiences would be different than mine obviously, but when I read the your post, it was presented in a way that said 'here is the most recent example of a racist cop harassing me' and I didn't see that and I wanted more information on why this was racist or perceived to be racist.

Do I think the cop was racist for turning around and following you? I will honestly say, I don't know, I don't know the cop's heart but more than likely not.

From my experiences (everyone will watch where cops are going if they blow by you, that is human nature and not a behavior only picked up by blacks because of racist cops) the cop probably was looking for a similar car/suspect that just committed a crime. Your tag was probably run and nothing so they turned around and kept looking.

I would imagine your experiences would be different than mine obviously, but when I read the your post, it was presented in a way that said 'here is the most recent example of a racist cop harassing me' and I didn't see that and I wanted more information on why this was racist or perceived to be racist.
    All one can hope for is an honest answer which I think you gave in this instance. Would the fact that FTP has had previous instances of being accosted by the police in his own driveway sway your take in any way away from the benefit of the doubt of "more than likely not."?

Given where FTP lives and his income level, I'd venture to say that he drives a high-end vehicle. A one-off instance of a cop turning around to follow FTP's car is completely understandable. Factoring in previous incidents where he was accosted and questioned in his driveway going into his garage, well for me, that changes the dynamic.

Wouldn't you think that if the cop was probably looking for a similar car/suspect that just committed a crime, he wouldn't have given up that quickly? Also, the scenario you described....how often would police be looking for someone who fit FTP and his wife's description be driving a high-end vehicle in an upscale neighborhood? Not very often I would think.

Thanks.

So, to provide more details, he never got close enough to run plates. My wifey was driving and her vehicle has La. tags so there is no front plate. He could have only run them from behind and he never got close enough.

So, with that eliminated, if our car and us matched a description of potential suspects, why not continue to follow us to investigate? Also, you said "they" but only one of the cruisers turned around, not both. So, again, if they were looking for suspects, why would only one officer pursue with two subjects in the car? Why not both?

The reason I thanked you is because when I started thinking about the situation, I was reminded how, society is too strong, I was reminded how...I have been conditioned to think. It happens so much that you begin to WANT to find reasons, other than race, for why this happens to you and so often. Because who wants to be constantly victimized in that way?

That's the other side that people don't consider when they talk about someone "playing the race card." What, exactly, do I gain from that? It's admitting to being humiliated. It's demoralizing. I would rather it be something benign. Knowing I'm constantly being watched, considered a threat all because the pigment of my skin is defeating. No one WANTS that.

But, because it happens so often, because it's my experience I know what it looks and feels like. So, I can't deny it. Occam's, you know? He profiled us. Two AAs, expensive car, expensive neighborhood...it happens...a lot. To him, we didn't fit and he wanted to see why. I don't want it to be that but it is what it is.

As far as the cop being racist, listen, I think that is a game of semantics that only the privileged get to play. His actions, to me, were. If I'm at the bar and start sexually harassing a young woman there, eyeing her, saying inappropriate shirt, rubbing her shoulder and leg, sexually suggestive, does it matter that others and myself don't consider me to be misogynistic? What do my actions say?

My cousin's husband is black. He says he feels like he holds the record for getting pulled over with no tickets issued. He lives in Ascension parish, but is from Iberville parish across the river, so he frequents both. Obviously he is exaggerating, but fact he even thinks that, says a lot.

Absolutely shameful. of course the 2 companies deny any wrongdoing or pass the buck to the individual appraiser

How often do you think this happens? (Answer: everyday)

if she didn't do this experiment she never would have known

I actually teared up when she said "I'm the thing devaluing my house"

Last edited:
    Absolutely shameful. of course the 2 companies deny any wrongdoing or pass the buck to the individual appraiser

How often do you think this happens? (Answer: everyday)

if she didn't do this experiment she never would have known

I actually teared up when she said "I'm the thing devaluing my house"

If all of that is true, there were several laws broken and those companies should pay the price dearly as well as the adjuster. Good thing there are laws to hopefully prevent this and the very least, provide legal restitution.

Things seem even worse if you are a woman

Black women are typically paid only 63 cents for every dollar paid to white, non-Hispanic men, which means they have to work seven months into 2021, Aug. 3, to earn what white, non-Hispanic men made in 2020 alone.

The gender wage gap has closed by only three cents for Black women over the last 30 years, according to the National Women's Law Center, a policy-focused organization that fights for gender justice.

As a result of the wage gap, Black women, on average, lose $2,009 each month, $24,110 annually, and $964,400 over the course of a 40-year career, according to a new analysis by the NWLC.

If all of that is true, there were several laws broken and those companies should pay the price dearly as well as the adjuster. Good thing there are laws to hopefully prevent this and the very least, provide legal restitution.
    Sigh, when have you ever heard of these laws you seem to think are saving the day being utilized? Unless the DOJ investigates nothing will ever happen.

This goes on constantly, and nobody does anything about it. Already the adjuster has claimed it was not his fault and that the price was determined by a computer, IIRC. This happened a while ago, I think.

Nothing will happen.

Things seem even worse if you are a woman

Black women are typically paid only 63 cents for every dollar paid to white, non-Hispanic men, which means they have to work seven months into 2021, Aug. 3, to earn what white, non-Hispanic men made in 2020 alone.

The gender wage gap has closed by only three cents for Black women over the last 30 years, according to the National Women's Law Center, a policy-focused organization that fights for gender justice.

As a result of the wage gap, Black women, on average, lose $2,009 each month, $24,110 annually, and $964,400 over the course of a 40-year career, according to a new analysis by the NWLC.
    There are many more white male physicians, lawyers, computer science majors, engineers, business owners, etc. I am surprised the gap is so small. Why would you expect then to earn the same? It is not a salary gap. It is about black women not been represented in high paying jobs.

This is one of those occurrences where some see signs or racism and others can't, but this wouldn't have happened unless it was a black realtor showing a house to a black man and his son.

This is the bottom line though:

Asked if he had a message for the neighbor who called police, Thorne told CNN, "We're just like you. We occupy the same space. We do the same things. We go to the same places."
    And if you see a crime, report a crime. But if you see people -- Black people, any minority -- don't report people doing normal things," Thorne said. "You do that, you don't realize that you can change their life or have their life taken, just you making a phone call. In this instance, it could have been three."
    "You could've changed my life, changed my son's life," he said.

There are many more white male physicians, lawyers, computer science majors, engineers, business owners, etc. I am surprised the gap is so small. Why would you expect then to earn the same? It is not a salary gap. It is about black women not been represented in high paying jobs.

well there was that part in the article about:

Mason's organization has released research that estimates Black women will not bring home the same earnings as white men for the same jobs until 2130 if the current rate of change persists.

well there was that part in the article about:

Mason's organization has released research that estimates Black women will not bring home the same earnings as white men for the same jobs until 2130 if the current rate of change persists.
    The gender pay gap is much more than gender discrimination or racism. The gap has to do with the fact that men work longer hours and choose professions that pay more. Most engineers and computer science majors are men. In addition men are willing to relocate and take dangerous professions. For example over 90% of death at work involves men. Women do not work in oil rigs, women working in construction are a rarity. And to make matters worse when women reach the age of forming a family they tend to work part time or choose a job that has good hours to raise a family. In other words the gender pay gap is multifactorial and gender discrimination is just a tiny fraction.

The gender pay gap is much more than gender discrimination or racism.

There is gender pay gap and also pay gap due to race. Have you seen where if a person is applying for a job and they have a "white" sounding name, they are more likely to be considered? What happens if you are discriminated by race and also a woman? You get hit with both

There is gender pay gap and also pay gap due to race. Have you seen where if a person is applying for a job and they have a "white" sounding name, they are more likely to be considered? What happens if you are discriminated by race and also a woman? You get hit with both
    I have experienced name discrimination, no need to convince me. However, the bulk of the gap is multifactorial.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom