All things Racist...USA edition (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

You really need to stop claiming Latin America is some monolithic culture; it is not.
    You also need to stop assuming things about places you know nothing about.
    Will be cool if you stopped with the non-sequitur preplies too.

If I have to type Latin America one more time...
    Your acrimonious remarks are received.
    Yes, Latin America is not all the same. Some people are Europeans and others are indigenous. And there is everything in between.
    Thanks

Last edited:
    On the other side you have people born with the personality trait of conscientiousness. They tend to prefer the old ways (whatever is familiar) , are tidy, dress conservatively, and mostly eat meat and potatoes (some may not even eat seafood). They are not that artsy, but are organized, hard workers, and cross of the Ts. They are easily shocked by foreign cultures and hence appear xenophobic.
    Is this your own interpretation of the trait of being careful because your description is not at all how it's defined. Seems to me that you are embellishing the meaning quite a bit.

Is this your own interpretation of the trait of being careful because your description is not at all how it's defined. Seems to me that you are embellishing the meaning quite a bit.
    I was paraphrasing from memory. I am not far from the mark, but now you will say something derogatory about what I wrote. Some of the traits I added are mostly the opposite of being open.
    Carry on!

Common Characteristics of Conscientiousness​

When someone is conscientious, they are able to exercise self-discipline and self-control in order to pursue and ultimately achieve their goals.

Typically, people who score high in conscientiousness are organized, determined, and able to postpone immediate gratification for the sake of long-term success.
    While some people are more likely to choose what's good or fun at the moment, conscientious people tend to work diligently toward achieving their goals. They also are responsible, goal-oriented, reliable, organized, and hard-working. And they pay attention to details to make sure that they deliver on their promises.

Being conscientious tends to come with a number of benefits too. For instance, people who are conscientious tend to get better grades in school and are seen as better employees in the workforce. They often have good reputations that are defined by their commitment, reliability, and productivity. Research has even shown that high conscientiousness may help lead to higher incomes.1

Overall, conscientious people rarely make impulsive or careless decision. Here are some other ways to describe conscientious people:

• Organized
    • Principled
    • Responsible
    • Forward-thinking
    • Persistent
    • Goal-oriented

Although most people assume that being conscientious is a good thing, there are some potential downsides to this personality trait. For instance, people who are conscientious can become too serious and may need a gentle shove in order to lighten up and have some fun.

They also can burn themselves out by overworking, become overly rigid or inflexible, and struggle to be spontaneous. In extreme cases, they may struggle with perfectionism and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
    Meanwhile, people who are low in conscientiousness tend to prioritize having fun at the moment. They are often described as casual, laid-back, and relaxed. And, they balk at schedules and extensive planning.

Sometimes people low in conscientiousness are viewed as irresponsible and unpredictable. But they also are more likely to step outside of the box and may respond well to last-minute demands.

They tend to prefer the old ways (whatever is familiar) , are tidy, dress conservatively, and mostly eat meat and potatoes (some may not even eat seafood). They are not that artsy, but are organized, hard workers, and cross of the Ts. They are easily shocked by foreign cultures and hence appear xenophobic.

I am not far from the mark, but now you will say something derogatory about what I wrote.
    If by say something derogatory you meant point out where you are wrong then yes, I am. See the parts in bold that you added from memory....yeah, those aren't traits of someone who is conscientious.

Can someone help me with the No Contest when he admits what he did? isn't that admission of guilt?

Man Pleads No Contest to Shooting at Black Family’s Home, Vandalizing Vehicle with Swastika​

I am extremely regretful of what I did,” said Frederick, according to The Detroit Free Press. “I can say it’s not like me. I acted way out of character. This wasn’t about the color of anyone’s skin.”

Attacking and terrorizing people because he didn't like that they supported Biden and BLM..

Maybe the people he did this to should have just ignored him, and he would never do it again...

Last edited:
    If by say something derogatory you meant point out where you are wrong then yes, I am. See the parts in bold that you added from memory....yeah, those aren't traits of someone who is conscientious.
    You are correct. Those are traits of people that are the opposite of "open to experience". I should have put that in a different paragraph. I hope you did not find a spelling error. The issue is that the liberal and conservative dichotomy is often related to personality traits. That is what i was trying to convey.

Now you will say that I do not know what I am talking about.
    Carry on!

Is Islam allowed to be one of the those religions put back into homes or is it just limited to the "right" religion?
    The real Islam or the fanatical Islam? There is a BIG difference.

The real Islam or the fanatical Islam? There is a BIG difference.
    Would that be like the real Christianity or the nationalist Christianity that we currently see in the country because those guys are so far from following the tenets of true Christianity that they might as well be selling their souls on the open market. A certain golden statue comes to mind.

Would that be like the real Christianity or the nationalist Christianity that we currently see in the country because those guys are so far from following the tenets of true Christianity that they might as well be selling their souls on the open market. A certain golden statue comes to mind.
    Yeah, there is a difference, I would think we are all on agreement that we don't want to see gay people thrown off roofs and women subjected so lets not go with any fanitical religion. However, it is a free country and people can worship whatever god they want to so to each their own.

Work and pass laws that put fathers back in the homes (and religion), and you we will have a different culture and a better society.
    We are one of the most religious first-world nations and seem to not be getting things very right now. This idea that religion is a panacea for race relations or culture/society is a myth.

People do not hate the concept of America. They hate the American Identity as forced by Republicans and Trump.

If they hate the American identity then the nation is doomed. You can be mad and complain, but hating the essence of your nation is not a good plan. When in Rome do as the Romans, that tends to work better. Tribalism does not work.

I was talking about both. That fact that all Puerto Rico has been since the Spaniards landed on it is a colony.
    Think about it. What would Puerto Rico be with no European interference?

Here is a photo of indigenous people from the Americas that never had European contact.
    braz-unc-2010-01-crop_screen.jpg

Brazil is home to more uncontacted peoples than anywhere on the planet. It is now thought that over 100 such groups live in the Amazon. Most tribes live entirely off the forests, savannas and rivers by a mixture of hunting, gathering and fishing. They grow plants for food and medicine and use them to build houses and make everyday objects.

The idea of uncontacted Taino indians is just a wet dream.

And Puertoricans are not ambivalent. There is definitely a split on the island as to what would be best (statehood or independence), but that does not equate to ambivalence.
    They are split about the issue, but they are not ambivalent. Got it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom