All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

He gave an example - redlining.

Even if no one were alive that had implemented redlining, until there are actual steps taken to undo the damaging effects of redlining, they will continue to remain.
    Redlining is policy. it is likely there were instances of it being written as well as unwritten. If humans implement it, written or not, then it continues. If humans do not implement it then what? We can see the words which underscore the racism that infects humans by looking at the garbage shoveled by Lee Atwater before he shuffled off his mortal coil for residence in hades hopefully. We can also see it in words like “good neighborhood”, “good schools”. The manner of application of these words will depend upon both the speaker and the listener.

I do not doubt the existence of racism. It is the actions of humans which cause it to continue. Whether it is law or policy humans can decide not to implement either. Until they do so it will continue.

https://news.yahoo.com/white-farmers-sue-biden-administration-200252865.html

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/bidens-covid-relief-bill-is-chock-full-of-anti-white-reverse-racism/

Add this to the weird policy of minority preferred rollout of the vaccine recommended by the CCD and backed by the Harris/Biden Administration.

Seems that the 'institutional' power definition might only apply one way?

As far as numbers in policing and law enforcement and judicial, something tells that if you actually dig a little deeper and not just in the numbers that were presented by a political activist with the title of 'researcher' or 'professor' you might find that the biggest obstacle is the family unit, community and self-accountability. That is an entirely different discussion that most want to just label as racism or systemic racism because it is a very delicate and tough discussion.
    Yes, it must be their fault. Take off your rose-colored glasses. Go read the book I recommended.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2021/...-the-sidewalks-at-northwestern-too-white-too/

This was one of many reminders that diversity does not mean inclusion at NU. Even though the University has worked to increase the number of Black students here, that doesn’t mean we’re welcomed with open arms. Bedelia Nicola Richards, a sociology professor at the University of Richmond, laid out a set of five questions to determine whether one’s university is racist:

1. Which group or groups feel most at home on the campus and which ones feel like (unwanted) guests?
    2. Whose norms, values and perspectives does the institution consider to be normal or legitimate? Whose does it silence, marginalize or delegitimize?
    3. Who inhabits positions of power within the institution?
    4. Whose experiences, norms, values and perspectives influence an institution’s laws, policies and systems of evaluation?
    5. Whose interests does the institution protect?
    At this school, the answer to most of those questions is White people. Any honest accounting of the decision-making structures at this school would tell you so. And this power dynamic is always present in the way Black students interact with this institution.

This is just dumb at this point.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2021/...-the-sidewalks-at-northwestern-too-white-too/

This was one of many reminders that diversity does not mean inclusion at NU. Even though the University has worked to increase the number of Black students here, that doesn’t mean we’re welcomed with open arms. Bedelia Nicola Richards, a sociology professor at the University of Richmond, laid out a set of five questions to determine whether one’s university is racist:

1. Which group or groups feel most at home on the campus and which ones feel like (unwanted) guests?
    2. Whose norms, values and perspectives does the institution consider to be normal or legitimate? Whose does it silence, marginalize or delegitimize?
    3. Who inhabits positions of power within the institution?
    4. Whose experiences, norms, values and perspectives influence an institution’s laws, policies and systems of evaluation?
    5. Whose interests does the institution protect?
    At this school, the answer to most of those questions is White people. Any honest accounting of the decision-making structures at this school would tell you so. And this power dynamic is always present in the way Black students interact with this institution.

This is just dumb at this point.
    You’re right. RW attempts to dismiss power relations that benefit white people is just dumb.

Those pesky racist sidewalks!!!
    The simple fact that because this is an actual article tells me that racism on college campuses, especially, isn't a 'crisis' or even a legitimate problem but rather a level of victimhood that is sought after so the the person can achieve the level up of victimhood.

The simple fact that because this is an actual article tells me that racism on college campuses, especially, isn't a 'crisis' or even a legitimate problem but rather a level of victimhood that is sought after so the the person can achieve the level up of victimhood.
    It's OK everyone, @Farb solved racism! Turns out all it needed was for him to find one person who has the perception that people are unconsciously expecting them to move out of their way on sidewalks, rather than mutually, claim that's not a thing, and then that tells him racism isn't a problem!

It's just that easy!

Wait, did I say easy? I meant dumb. It's really dumb.

In an effort to have a constructive dialogue, I feel like this should be addressed: You do understand that the article said nothing about the actual color of the sidewalks or attributed any sentience to the sidewalks, right?

This thread wasn't started to have a discussion at all about racism. This thread was started because the Op found a recent article of a non-white person making racist statements to a non-white cop. Any instances of white people being racist....the type we see on display 98% of the time, will be ignored or defended by the Op.

I thought this thread would help demonstrate that the demand for racist examples in this country FAR out way the supply and in fact, are more often than not, completely fabricated in order to fit a narrative that is not based on present day reality.

The passive aggressive personal comments above also brought up an interesting point. Does there have to be a victim in order to have a racism?

I thought this thread would help demonstrate that the demand for racist examples in this country FAR out way the supply and in fact, are more often than not, completely fabricated in order to fit a narrative that is not based on present day reality.
    And when the forum brings evidence that there’s plenty of supply to meet the demand, did you choose to reassess your position in light of new information?

And when the forum brings evidence that there’s plenty of supply to meet the demand, did you choose to reassess your position in light of new information?

oGxfhG8.gif

https://news.yahoo.com/white-farmers-sue-biden-administration-200252865.html

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/bidens-covid-relief-bill-is-chock-full-of-anti-white-reverse-racism/

Add this to the weird policy of minority preferred rollout of the vaccine recommended by the CCD and backed by the Harris/Biden Administration.

Seems that the 'institutional' power definition might only apply one way?

As far as numbers in policing and law enforcement and judicial, something tells that if you actually dig a little deeper and not just in the numbers that were presented by a political activist with the title of 'researcher' or 'professor' you might find that the biggest obstacle is the family unit, community and self-accountability. That is an entirely different discussion that most want to just label as racism or systemic racism because it is a very delicate and tough discussion.

I do have a question about how you would target aid to poor, minority or disadvantaged communities without actually targeting those communities in policies? Is it your belief that aid should never be targeted towards any minority or disadvantaged community in policy? It does lock white males out of applying for the aid, but there is very good evidence based reasoning as to why that needs to happen for targeted aid. Because if you don't do that, the aid will never reach the communities it's intended to impact and those communities fall further behind. The same is true for the CDC recommendation for vaccine rollout to minority communities. So how exactly would you address that in policy/legislation? Or is it evil and reverse racism to target aid to minority and disadvantaged communities?

In an effort to have a constructive dialogue, I feel like this should be addressed: You do understand that the article said nothing about the actual color of the sidewalks or attributed any sentience to the sidewalks, right?

The point wasn't presented well, but if we read the opinion piece, I think it gives clarity to what Farb is trying to say, and it is not that he's attributing sentience to the sidewalks: the writer is claiming that the behavior of white people while walking on the sidewalks at NW is rooted in racism and white supremacy because "they don't move".

I read the opinion piece and my personal opinion is that is poorly thought out and written. I can understand in a general sense why a black person would feel the legacy of Jim Crow in interactions where they feel they're expected to give deference to white people. Some of that my be internal and some of that may be external, I just think it's hard to know for sure today. Extending that to passing people on the sidewalk when you have no other interaction with them aside from walking by them and not knowing any of there thoughts is a stretch to me personally.

I think the opinion can be helpful in helping understand how some black people my feel in daily interactions in general society. It can be helpful by making people more aware of unconscious bias and perceptions, but it inevitably does more harm than good because the reaction to it will almost always be one of defensiveness. The reaction will also amplify this individuals view and apply to all black people as a community view, even if many within that community would read it and either just nod their head or dismiss it.

I do have a question about how you would target aid to poor, minority or disadvantaged communities without actually targeting those communities in policies? Is it your belief that aid should never be targeted towards any minority or disadvantaged community in policy? It does lock white males out of applying for the aid, but there is very good evidence based reasoning as to why that needs to happen for targeted aid. Because if you don't do that, the aid will never reach the communities it's intended to impact and those communities fall further behind. The same is true for the CDC recommendation for vaccine rollout to minority communities. So how exactly would you address that in policy/legislation? Or is it evil and reverse racism to target aid to minority and disadvantaged communities?
    That is a great question. I will be completely honest. I am not sure how to target aid for those under privilege communities.
    I do know what has been in policy and legislation is not working and is almost having the opposite intended effect. I am by no ways saying that the policy/legislation was nefarious in its creation but as government often does, it screws up the even the best laid plans.
    https://blackdemographics.com/households/marriage-in-black-america/

The marriage in the US is going down over all groups. Prior to 1970 black males and black women were more likely to be married than their white counterparts. In 1970 that changes significantly. Why? I think one of many issues leading to that was child welfare and the states replacement as the 'father'. This is not just a 'black' phenomenon, I am well aware but it is interesting.
    I was at an event the Christmas before covid hit at an historically black church and I was sitting with a lot of the older men (30 to 70s I would guess- I was also the only white person there- I know, so progressive) and they were talking about the problems with the young men and women in their congregation. One guy was a resource councilor in a pretty rough high school in the city and the overwhelming consensus was it was the lack of involvement of the parents. Again, this is not just a black community thing. Why is that?
    I think boys need a father figure in order to learn to control the aggression and ambition and how to turn that into good. The state is not that figure.

https://www.theroot.com/black-women-now-the-most-educated-group-in-us-1790855540
    I know this article actually tries to deal with the gender pay gap (surprise! I think that is garbage too) but it is clear that access to improve your own success is available in this country despite the sex and race of the individual. There needs to be more self accountability across the board but instead, everyone just blames everything else. I saw recently a black lady saying that racism is the reason that diets don't work for black women. That is just being lazy.
    If you want to be successful in this country, graduate high school, work full time and get married. Don't have a child until you are married. Pretty simple (as I sit here single with a kid).
    Something needs to be done. What, I am unsure. I am more than open to suggestions.

edited to add: I think any policy that locks out anyone else based on the color of their skin or what is between their legs should not be legal. A few months ago that would be considered racist but now, with the new definition determines by (?), I guess it is not now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom