All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Perception is reality.

Trump's Black jobs comment and his babies are being killed after they are born comments should be what the conversation is about.

That's how horribly damaged Biden is now. "Black Jobs" gets no oxygen at all because our CIC is a feeble old man who doesn't know where he is. That is the reality of public opinion now.

My kids said they don't think anyone of their age would ever vote for Joe Biden. They know people who vote for Trump because he is funny and gives a middle finger to the system.

Again I don't agree with any of the above but that is the reality now. How do you turn that boat around?

Reuter's, AP called it a disaster and question if he should stay in, LA Times, NYT, Washington Post, on and on are calling for him to step aside. These are not just hand wringers and pearl clutchers - neither am I.

How do you convince people you aren't old when you are? He's 81! He'd be 86 when his term ended. He most likely won't even see the end of it, since he will be well past life expectancy at that point. So people will be looking at his running mate as someone who is going to run to country- and Kamala is less popular than Joe and is a woman.

Biden / Harris is going to get beat plus they will drag the ticket down as well. Lose the Senate and the House stays R. You get two more SC, one being an Dem, and we are at 7-2.

Those of you who think this was just a bad debate are fooling themselves. Ask Dukakis if you can recover from an image problem. Or Howard Dean.

I have watched Joe Biden speak since the 90's. I remember him debating President Obama when he ran against him in the primary. I watched as much of the G7 as I could find this year (which he was totally fine btw). Up until the debate I would have said Biden is sharp and has an anger streak that can get him into trouble when the topic is something he cares about.

Oh I wish that Joe showed up. Even an anger gaffe would have been great the other night as it at least would have shown some vigor.

The guy who was on the debate stage isn't the same guy. Those weren't his normal gaffes and stutter. He is in a decline and it is only going to accelerate from here. He froze in the first three minutes and just stopped speaking. Dana Bash bailed him out. He couldn't keep his thoughts straight for two minutes and couldn't counter punch. He landed no verbal punches at all and had no quality quips - even his morals of an alley cat comment was dulled because he slurred so badly saying it.

And this was against a guy who used Palestinian as a slur, said that illegals take Black jobs and that babies are aborted after birth. And he couldn't counter that.

I wanted Joe to come out and show he still has it. Trumps meanderings were so bad, all Joe had to do was pass for alive and present. And he wasn't able to do that.

Perception is reality.
    Reality is reality. Perception is perception and it's ever changing in every individual, so even if we accept perception is reality, perceptions change and so with it does reality. We are a fickle society that changes our perceptions for the flimsiest and pettiest of reasons, so who knows what the perceived reality is tomorrow or next week.

Remember how perception was Biden was fading. All it took was one State of the Union Address and that perception was flipped. Then all it took was one debate for it to get flipped again. It's not going to be a monumental task to flip it again. The trick is to flip it back positive right before voting starts and without much time for something to happen to flip it back negative.

Trump's Black jobs comment and his babies are being killed after they are born comments should be what the conversation is about.
    We're only 3 days removed from the debate and the conventions haven't even happened yet. It's way too early to know how this will all play out.

I have full confidence that Project 2025, black jobs, aborting babies after they're born, and a whole host of other corrupt and crazy things that Trump will say moving forward will be prepped and ready for the launch of a full on ad blitz around Sept 13th. That will one week before the start of the earliest early voting which starts on Sept 20th.

Our society has a short attention span, so you want to make your strongest case and impression as close to when people start voting as possible. Our society also tends to disregard anything they've already heard before as "that was so last week," so that's another reason you save your best for right before voting starts.

My kids said they don't think anyone of their age would ever vote for Joe Biden. They know people who vote for Trump because he is funny and gives a middle finger to the system.
    I believe that's true about your kids. What's also true is other people's kids and their kids' friends say they're voting for Biden and they don't know anyone that's voting for Trump. What we hear from people around us is not a reliable indicator of our society as a whole.

Again I don't agree with any of the above but that is the reality now. How do you turn that boat around?
    You wait until you see the whites of their eyes, which will be mid-Sept. You wait for that, because if you shoot your wad too soon, you've wasted your ammunition.

Last edited:
    Reality is reality. Perception is perception and it's ever changing in every individual, so even if we accept perception is reality, perceptions change and so with it does reality. We are a fickle society that changes our perceptions for the flimsiest and pettiest of reasons, so who knows what the perceived reality is tomorrow or next week.

Remember how perception was Biden was fading. All it took was one State of the Union Address and that perception was flipped. Then all it took was one debate for it to get flipped again. It's not going to be a monumental task to flip it again. The trick is to flip it back positive right before voting starts and without much time for something to happen to flip it back negative.

We're only 3 days removed from the debate and the conventions haven't even happened yet. It's way too early to know how this will all play out.

I have full confidence that Project 2025, black jobs, aborting babies after they're born, and a whole host of other corrupt and crazy things that Trump will say moving forward will be prepped and ready for the launch of a full on ad blitz around Sept 13th. That will one week before the start of the earliest early voting which starts on Sept 20th.

Our society has a short attention span, so you want to make your strongest case and impression as close to when people start voting as possible. Our society also tends to disregard anything they've already heard before as "that was so last week," so that's another reason you save your best for right before voting starts.

I believe that's true about your kids. What's also true is other people's kids and their kids' friends say they're voting for Biden and they don't know anyone that's voting for Trump. What we hear from people around us is not a reliable indicator of our society as a whole.

You wait until you see the whites of their eyes, which will be mid-Sept. You wait for that, because if you shoot your wad too soon, you've wasted your ammunition.

I hope you are right, but I have a sinking feeling that #CoolBrees may be. I don't know that the damage done from Thursday night will be reversible before the election. I think that reason for that is that perception and reality aren't that far off here with Biden.

I don't mean the Republican perception, that's just pure propaganda. I talking about Democrat and Independent perceptions of Biden. He is not getting younger. He will have "old people" moments from time to time and it's likely that will only increase as he continues to advance in age. It's legitimate to ask if he will make it though another 4 years given his advanced age. Is he is dealing with the beginning stages of some cognitive decline that is yet unreported? It's not unreasonable to ask or wonder after Thursday night. All of this adds a lot of uncertainty and constant questions around Biden when he least needs it. None of this is going away, especially if Biden has more "senior moments" on the campaign. At some point, the boat takes on too much water.

I hope you are right, but I have a sinking feeling that #CoolBrees may be. I don't know that the damage done from Thursday night will be reversible before the election. I think that reason for that is that perception and reality aren't that far off here with Biden.

I don't mean the Republican perception, that's just pure propaganda. I talking about Democrat and Independent perceptions of Biden. He is not getting younger. He will have "old people" moments from time to time and it's likely that will only increase as he continues to advance in age. It's legitimate to ask if he will make it though another 4 years given his advanced age. Is he is dealing with the beginning stages of some cognitive decline that is yet unreported? It's not unreasonable to ask or wonder after Thursday night. All of this adds a lot of uncertainty and constant questions around Biden when he least needs it. None of this is going away, especially if Biden has more "senior moments" on the campaign. At some point, the boat takes on too much water.
    Exactly. I'm perfectly fine giving Biden the benefit of the doubt if he can prove that he's on point between now and the convention. That said, his team can't afford to keep him in hiding until then. They have to let him take some swings. He might miss or whatever, but he has to at least look competent and present. If I get any sense of a repeat of Thursday night, he's probably gonna lose that benefit of the doubt.

I don't mean the Republican perception, that's just pure propaganda. I talking about Democrat and Independent perceptions of Biden.
    Yes, if the perception of the majority of Democratic and Independent voters is that Biden is too old to vote for, then that's a problem. It's not a problem if they think he's too old to be president, but still vote for him. Everyone on this board that is not a Trump supporter who says Biden is too old to be president has made it very clear they will still vote for him. What we say here cannot be relied on as being indicative of the majority of non-Republican voters.

I see a lot of people assuming that the perception of the majority of non-Republican voters is that Biden is too old to vote for, not that he's too old to be president. Those are 2 different things. What do we have that tells what those people will not vote for Biden, because they think he's too old. Polls have been very unreliable, especially in state and federal elections since Roe v Wade was overturned. It's not just the elections for offices. In Kansas and Ohio, very conservatively dominated states, the polls way underestimated both how many voters would turnout and how many would vote to enshrine abortion rights in their state constitutions.

The second problem with polling is that people tend to answer the question that's asked, so the wording of the question is crucial. The polls I've seen that claim to show that the majority of Democratic and Independent voters think Biden is too old, asks questions about if they think Biden is too old. I've not seen them ask if they will or won't vote for him because he's too old. We know from this board that some people who think Biden is too old will still vote for him. So just asking voters if they think Biden's too old doesn't give us much insight into what they're thinking about how they are going to actually vote.

The only question that gives the best insight into how voters are thinking about voting is to ask them specifically about how they will vote. If you look at most of the publicly available polls, they avoid asking that straight forward question like the plague. Even when they ask questions about how voters will vote, it's usually more complicated than it needs to be. I don't know what that is, but I think that the reasons campaigns rely more on their internal polling data is because they are asking more straight forward questions about how voters are thinking of voting. They're not looking to make money off of their data, they are only trying to get a sense of how the voting will go and what they can do to get more votes.

Fundraising has always been a consistently good indicator of how voting will go. It's not a perfect predictor, but it's always been reliable and since Roe v. Wade was overturned it's been a much more reliable indicator than polling. You do have to look deeper than just gross fundraising. You have to look specifically at donations from the middle class and below, because that represents the overwhelming majority of voters. People who donate vote and they try to get others to vote, even volunteering to help people be able to vote. Whoever is leading in the number of middle class and below people who are donating is likely going to win the election. News outlets report only raw polling data and gross fundraising receipts. News outlets don't do deep analysis on squat anymore.
    He is not getting younger. He will have "old people" moments from time to time and it's likely that will only increase as he continues to advance in age. It's legitimate to ask if he will make it though another 4 years given his advanced age. Is he is dealing with the beginning stages of some cognitive decline that is yet unreported? It's not unreasonable to ask or wonder after Thursday night. All of this adds a lot of uncertainty and constant questions around Biden when he least needs it. None of this is going away, especially if Biden has more "senior moments" on the campaign. At some point, the boat takes on too much water.
    Those are all legitimate concerns and questions. I not foolish enough to think I know the answers to any of those questions. I've shared what I think about those questions, but I recognize it's just what I think and it's not what I know. The reason there is so much anxiety right now is because none of no what is going to happen and we know there is no way that we can know what's going to happen. We humans are very uncomfortable with the stark reality that nothing about the future is ever certain. We spend a lot of time and energy into creating the illusion of certainty of the future, because we are so uncomfortable with it.

No one knows who wins or loses if Biden does or does not drop out. All four of those possibilities have uncertain and unknowable future outcomes. I work at focusing on what I am certain and know is the one thing I have sole control over, which is sole control over what I choose to do. If Biden stays in, I'm voting for him. If Biden drops out, I'm voting for his replacement. I'm going to continue sharing my thoughts and encouraging, and not to proud to beg, people to vote for whoever is on the ballot as the Democratic candidate all the way down the ballot, not just for president. Trump losing is important, but it's not enough. We also need as many of down ballot Republicans as possible to lose.

That helps ease my anxiety about uncertainty more than anything and it can't be taken away from me short of killing me and I'm confident that the dead don't feel anxiety.

Despite what some may say, I don't huff, snort, inject, drink, enema, eat, swallow or smoke anything to ease my anxiety, that includes "copium."

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom