All things Racist...USA edition (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

The US’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization is calling for hate crime charges to be filed against a Texas woman accused of trying to drown a three-year-old Palestinian-American girl while saying that the child’s mother wasn’t really American.

For now, the suspect in the case has been booked on counts of attempted murder and injury to a child.

The case dates back to 19 May, when police in Euless, Texas, were called to an apartment complex swimming pool where there had been reports of a disturbance between two women, according to the local NBC affiliate.

Witnesses told police “a woman who was very intoxicated had tried to drown a child and argued with the child’s mother”, said a police news release reviewed by CNN.

The child’s mother told police that the alleged attacker – since identified as 42-year-old Elizabeth Wolf – questioned where she was from and whether the two children playing in the pool were hers, police said. Wolf also made statements about the mother not being an American, police added.

In a news release on Friday, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (Cair) said the child’s mother wore a hijab and modest swimwear, and she was watching her children play in the shallow end of the pool when Wolf approached her.

“The alleged attacker reportedly approached the mother with racist interrogations then jumped into the swimming pool and grabbed the children to the deep end of the pool to allegedly drown them,” the statement said, adding that the mother’s six-year-old son was able to escape but her three-year-old daughter was unable to do the same.

“The alleged attacker snatched off the mother’s head scarf and used it to beat the mother as well as kicking her to keep her away while forcing her daughter’s head underwater,” Cair’s statement said.

A bystander helped rescue the three-year-old, Cair said, with the police news release adding that the child “had been yelling for help and was coughing up water”.

According to Cair, after police were called out and an officer arrested Wolf, she allegedly yelled to another bystander who was comforting the mother: “Tell her I will kill her and I will kill her whole family.”……..

Jessica Joseph, who runs a British influencer agency with a diverse talent base, says she noticed a change in attitude from advertisers at the height of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement.

“There was a great period when we worked with brands and they worked with us consistently. They really wanted black voices,” she says.

Now, the contact has stopped. “We don’t even get a response to our emails. Not even the courtesy of a no.”

Influencers are the celebrity class of the social media age and, to many people, appear to have the dream job: foreign travel, flashy clothes, fine dining, rubbing shoulders with old school stars – and all for money.

But the benefits are not distributed equally. Long-rumbling concerns about pay inequality within the industry are not being addressed, according to a report this month, with white influencers on average making over 50% more than some of their BAME counterparts. Joseph, who runs Season25, an influencer agency that promotes diversity in its roster, says interest in her clients has “changed” since BLM peaked in 2020-21.

The pay-gap report from the UK-based SevenSix Agency shows that influencers of south-east Asian descent made an average of £700 a sponsored video post on Instagram, 57% less than the average £1,638 for white influencers. South Asian, black and east Asian influencers are also paid lower amounts, with average fees of £1,135, £1,080 and £1,010 respectively.…..

Stephanie Yeboah, 35, has been an influencer on Instagram for 10 years, amassing a quarter of a million followers in the process and working alongside brands such as Lego, Peroni and Dove.

Yet to her, the content creation industry is still an uneven and at times discriminatory world. “It feels like the darker you are, the coarser your hair, the further away you are from what society seems as the ideal person aesthetically, the less you’re worth.”………

A woman is accused of attempting to drown a 3-year-old Muslim child in possible hate crime incident​

e victim’s mother told police Wolf was questioning where she was from and if the two children playing at the pool were hers, the release said. The mother was visibly Muslim and wore a hijab, or Islamic headscarf, and modest swimwear, according to the council.
    Wolf also made statements about the mother not being an American and made other racist statements, according to police.
    “When the mother answered her, she stated that Wolf tried to grab her 6-year-old son but he pulled away from her grasp, which caused a scratch on his finger. The mother began helping her son when Wolf grabbed her 3-year-old daughter and forced her underwater,” the news release said.
    The mother was able to pull her daughter from the water but she “had been yelling for help and was coughing up water.”

A woman is accused of attempting to drown a 3-year-old Muslim child in possible hate crime incident​

Great job, MAGA! You’re manufacturing monsters.

The way the school saw it, it was devil worship.

In October 2019, three teenage girls were punished for participating in a spiritual ceremony. Their Arizona school expelled two of them, and let the third off with a warning, citing their attendance as a violation of school policy and grounds for expulsion.

Caitlyn, now 18, says she and her friends were disciplined for participating in a Sunrise Dance, a traditional Native ceremony at the core of White Mountain Apache culture.

The Monday after the dance, Caitlyn’s parents told her to stay home that day. They had received a call from East Fork Lutheran school telling them not to send their daughter in. She didn’t know why. Then around noon, her mom got another phone call. The principal wanted to meet with Caitlyn, her parents and the local preacher. The principal and preacher also invited the two other girls and their families to their own private meetings with school leadership.

At the start of each meeting, the families were chastised for participating in the dance. Caitlyn remembers her mother telling the principal and preacher how hypocritical they were to say the Apache people were not praying to God. “In the Bible, God himself says to come to me in all sorts,” she argued. “The dance is also a prayer; it’s another way.”……

In October 2019, three teenage girls were punished for participating in a spiritual ceremony. Their Arizona school expelled two of them, and let the third off with a warning, citing their attendance as a violation of school policy and grounds for expulsion.

Caitlyn, now 18, says she and her friends were disciplined for participating in a Sunrise Dance, a traditional Native ceremony at the core of White Mountain Apache culture.

The Monday after the dance, Caitlyn’s parents told her to stay home that day. They had received a call from East Fork Lutheran school telling them not to send their daughter in. She didn’t know why. Then around noon, her mom got another phone call. The principal wanted to meet with Caitlyn, her parents and the local preacher. The principal and preacher also invited the two other girls and their families to their own private meetings with school leadership.

At the start of each meeting, the families were chastised for participating in the dance. Caitlyn remembers her mother telling the principal and preacher how hypocritical they were to say the Apache people were not praying to God. “In the Bible, God himself says to come to me in all sorts,” she argued. “The dance is also a prayer; it’s another way.”……

That Sunrise dance is a four day ceremony. Those girls didn't attend school for the two days before the weekend ending of the ceremony. There is some hint of that in that article where they mentioned attendance was the reason for them expelling them.

I remember Navajo students getting in trouble at the public schools, but not being expelled for attending sings. They also tend to be several day long ceremonies.

I think the tribe should kick all of those private Christian schools off their reservation.

Small Alabama Town Wins Lawsuit Allowing Residents To Vote For First Time In Decades​

Residents in a small Alabama town will be able to vote in their own municipal elections for the first time in decades after a four-year legal battle.
    A proposed settlement has been reached in the town’s voting rights case, allowing Newbern, a predominantly Black town with 133 residents, to hold its first legitimate elections in more than 60 years. The town’s next elections will be held in 2025.

The settlement was filed June 21 and must be approved by U.S. District Judge Kristi K. DuBose.
    For decades, white officials appointed Newbern’s mayor and council members in lieu of holding elections. Most residents weren’t even aware that there were supposed to be elections for these positions.

“This is just one of many examples of the country’s longstanding racist practices that deny Black folks the right to vote,” said Leah Wong, a voting rights attorney with the Legal Defense Fund. “White folks in this town essentially handed down the positions of power to one another. Throughout the decades, there were never any municipal elections held for mayor or town council. Black folks weren’t even told how to get on the town council.”

Right-leaning public interest groups have filed a barrage of federal lawsuits intended to dismantle long-standing corporate and government programs that consider race in awarding jobs and other perks, and their litigation already is eroding the use of affirmative action in an array of American institutions.

One year after the Supreme Court struck down race-based admissions at Harvard and other schools, court rulings have forced the removal of racial preferences from two major covid relief programs, a federal contracting program that doles out $20 billion a year, and even the U.S. Minority Business Development Agency, a 55-year-old agency that was ordered in March to open its doors to all races.

Meanwhile, private companies are acting preemptively, seeking to avoid litigation by terminating fellowships and executive bonus programs aimed at employing minorities.

“The goal is complete race neutrality. That is the end goal of all this litigation,” said Daniel Lennington, a lawyer for the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty (WILL). “It’s a view of radical equality that we think is in line with the Declaration of Independence.”

Encouraged by the Supreme Court’s conservative majority, WILL and other groups have filed more than 100 lawsuits since 2021 challenging racial preferences and other efforts to address demographic disparities in business, government and education, according to a Washington Post tally based on news articles, law firm newsletters and interviews.

More lawsuits are in the pipeline. Through social media, the conservative legal groups are urging anyone with a gripe about racial preferences to give them a call.

“Wherever you live, if you’ve been treated differently because of your race, contact us!” Lennington posted on X.

Another group, Color Us United, runs a “DEI Tip Line” from its website.
And at America First Legal, former Trump adviser Stephen Miller warns in a promotional video that corporate policies “punish Americans for being White, Asian or male” and advertises a toll-free phone number to call for free legal services.

“If you or a loved one were denied a job, raise, promotion or professional opportunity as a result of diversity quotas, equity mandates, affirmative action or other racial preferences, we want to hear from you,” Miller says, fingers pointed at the camera. “Please! Call us.”………

I think the tribe should kick all of those private Christian schools off their reservation.
    Difficult.

I don't know about every tribe in America, but amoung the ones I do know about, a very high percentage of their members are currently on the Jesus road.

It's become possible, moving over time more towards likely, that the private religious schools are being run by tribal members.

They have holy road native language radio stations as well.

White West Virginia couple accused of adopting Black children and forcing them to work ‘as slaves​

161 years after West Virginia broke from the Confederacy over slavery, a couple adopted black children and briefly restarted slavery

Not surprised at all, but that doesn't make it any less appalling and unacceptable. It also doesn't mean we all shouldn't shout it from the rooftops so everyone knows it and can't forget it.
    It's not any less appalling or unacceptable. I didn't imply that. That should be show as often as possible until the election. He should be asked why he made that comment at every opportunity.

I meant what I said...this is who he is.

It's not any less appalling or unacceptable. I didn't imply that.
    I wasn't implying that you did. I was just expanding on what you said and expressing the same idea as you did below.

That should be show as often as possible until the election. He should be asked why he made that comment at every opportunity.

I meant what I said...this is who he is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom