All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

A tech company in Virginia has been fined thousands of dollars by the Justice Department over a job advert seeking “whites only” candidates.

In March 2023, a recruiter for Arthur Grand Technologies, an information technology services firm based in Ashburn, posted a job advertisement on the recruitment website Indeed for a business analyst for the company’s sales and insurance claims team.……

IMG_8509.jpeg

A tech company in Virginia has been fined thousands of dollars by the Justice Department over a job advert seeking “whites only” candidates.

In March 2023, a recruiter for Arthur Grand Technologies, an information technology services firm based in Ashburn, posted a job advertisement on the recruitment website Indeed for a business analyst for the company’s sales and insurance claims team.……

IMG_8509.jpeg
    Somebody in HR done forked up.

At least I know where not to apply. Yeah.

They were stripped of their clothes and scrubbed with lye soap. Matrons cut their long hair. Speaking their tribal language could lead to a beating.

Taken from their homes on reservations, Native American children — some as young as 5 — were forced to attend Indian boarding schools as part of an effort by the federal government to wipe out their languages and culture and assimilate them into White society.

For nearly 100 years, from the late 1870s until 1969, the U.S. government, often in partnership with churches, religious orders and missionary groups, operated and supported more than 400 Indian boarding schools in 37 states, according to the first investigation into the schools by the U.S. Interior Department.

Government officials and experts estimate that tens of thousands of Native children attended the schools over several generations, though no one knows the exact number.

Thousands are believed to have died at the schools. Many others were sexually assaulted, physically abused or emotionally traumatized.

Now a reckoning is underway as Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, a member of the Pueblo of Laguna tribe whose grandparents were stolen from their homes and sent to boarding schools, tours the country to expose the devastating legacy of the schools on families and tribes.

At the same time, a major nonprofit group, the National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition, is collecting tens of thousands of documents on Indian boarding schools to build an interactive, digital archive that is expected to launch later this year.

“We made it through this Indian holocaust,” said Deborah Parker, chief executive of the Healing Coalition and a member of the Tulalip Tribes. “We made it to a place right now where we can finally talk about this pain and find enough strength to just stand up and say that our lives mattered and the lives of our children mattered.”

The Washington Post talked to four survivors of Indian boarding schools who attended the institutions in the late 1940s and 1950s and are now in their 70s and 80s. Some have never spoken publicly about their experiences, which left them deeply scarred.

One 86-year-old Kiowa recounted being sodomized by another student at age 10. A 72-year-old Sioux described being snatched from her first-grade classroom by two strangers in suits and driven to a South Dakota boarding school, with no chance to say goodbye to her family.

An Alaska Native man said he spent six years being referred to by a number instead of his tribal name. A Chippewa woman remembers watching her mother cry as she climbed aboard a green bus bound for a school 100 miles from her home. She was 7 years old.

Here are their stories.................

Clarita Vargas was 8 when she was forced to live at St. Mary’s Mission, a Catholic-run Indian boarding school in Omak, Wash., that was created under a U.S. government policy to strip Native American children of their identities. A priest took her and othergirls to his office to watch a TV movie, then groped and fondled her as she sat on his lap — the beginning of three years of sexual abuse, she said.

“It haunted me my entire life,” said Vargas, now 64.

Jay, a 70-year-old member of the Assiniboine and Gros Ventre tribes whose surname is not being used to protect his privacy, was sent to St. Paul Mission and Boarding School in Hays, Mont. When he was 11, Jay said, a Jesuit brother raped him in a shack next to the pine grove where the priests cut down Christmas trees.

“He said if I ever told anybody that I would go to hell,” Jay recalled.

Geraldine Charbonneau Dubourt was one of nine sisters who said they were sexually or physically abused by priests at an Indian boarding school in Marty, S.D. She said that she was 16 when a Catholic priest repeatedly raped her in a church basement and that a doctor and several Catholic sisters later forced her to undergo an abortion.

“If somebody says you get over the abuse, trust me, you don’t get over it,said Dubourt, 75.

These firsthand accounts and other evidence documented by The Washington Post reveal the brutality and sexual abuse inflicted upon children who were taken from their families under a systematic effort by the federal government to destroy Native American culture, assimilate children into White society and seize tribal lands.

From 1819 to 1969, tens of thousands of children were sent to more than 500 boarding schools across the country, the majority run or funded by the U.S. government.

Children were stripped of their names, their long hair was cut, and they were beaten for speaking their languages, leaving deep emotional scars on Native American families and communities. By 1900, 1 out of 5 Native American school-age children attended a boarding school. At least 80 of the schools were operated by the Catholic Church or its religious affiliates.

The Post investigation reveals a portrait of pervasive sexual abuse endured by Native American children at Catholic-run schools in remote regions of the Midwest and Pacific Northwest, including Alaska.

At least 122 priests, sisters and brothers assigned to 22 boarding schools since the 1890s were later accused of sexually abusing Native American children under their care, The Post found. Most of the documented abuse occurred in the 1950s and 1960s and involved more than 1,000 children…….

Three Black men have filed a federal lawsuit against American Airlines for racial discrimination, alleging that the airline forced them to deboard a plane after a complaint that an unidentified passenger had body odor.

On Wednesday, lawyers of Alvin Jackson, Emmanuel Jean Joseph and Xavier Veal filed a lawsuit in the US district court for the eastern district of New York against the airline. The lawsuit follows a flight the men took on 5 January from Phoenix, Arizona, to New York, New York.

According to the lawsuit, the three men had never met before the flight and were not seated together. However, before takeoff, the lawsuit alleges that an American representative approached them individually and asked them to leave the plane without explanation.

Five other Black male passengers were also asked to leave the plane, a press statement said, adding, “As the plaintiffs began to comply with the directive to deplane, they noticed that the onlypassengers who were being ordered off the plane were Black men, and it appeared that every Black man on the flight was being removed.”

After the men were removed from the plane, they were allegedly told by an American representative that they would not be allowed to fly on the flight and would have to rebook their trip. Upon asking for an explanation, the men were told that they were removed because a white male flight attendant had complained about an unidentified passenger’s body odor, according to the lawsuit.

“Notably, at no time did anyone accuse any of the plaintiffs of having offensive body odor,” the press statement said.

When the plaintiffs pointed out that it appeared they were being racially targeted, at least one American representative allegedly said that she did “not disagree”. While they were complaining at the gate, the pilot announced to the rest of the passengers on the plane that the men had been removed because of a reported body odor complaint.

The men were eventually allowed to reboard the flight after an American representative told them that there were no longer any flights that evening to rebook them on. In total, the flight was delayed by over an hour, according to the press statement.

“What happened to us was wrong. Imagine a flight attendant ordering every white person off a plane because of a complaint about one white person. That would never happen. But that is what happened to us,” the three men said.……

I kinda get why we needed this in the 1950’s when we were in the middle of Jim Crow and black people were never quoted or asked about anything, really. But why do we need it now? Just ask black people, just look at their videos. I honestly don’t get it. 🤷‍♀️

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/v...cago-suspects-it-was-a-hate-crime/ar-BB1mZOXX

Veteran attacked in Chicago suspects it was a hate crime© Provided by AsAmNews
    An Iraq war veteran warned other Asian Americans about a group that attacked him outside a grocery store in Chicago without an apparent reason, reports CBS Chicago.

Kevin Qin describes the assault which left him with a concussion as a racially motivated hate crime.

He says the group of seven to 10 men came out of nowhere.

“I was just trying to get in the store, minding my own business, and next thing I know, all hell broke loose,” he said to ABC7 News.

A bystander came to his help and managed to interrupt the attack long enough for Qin to get away and call police.

Authorities say they have no motivation for the incident, despite Qin’s belief it was a hate crime.

He says they yelled “Yo, this Chinese (expletive) is like trying to gang up on me or something,” according to CBS Chicago.

A panel on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit ruled Monday that an Atlanta-based venture capital firm should be temporarily blocked from issuing grants reserved for businesses owned by Black women, saying that doing so would probably discriminate against business owners of other races.

The ruling comes after Fearless Fund, a VC firm dedicated to funding businesses founded by women of color, was sued last August by a group led by affirmative-action opponent Edward Blum.

Blum’s cases against Harvard and the University of North Carolina culminated with the Supreme Court overturning race-conscious college admissions last summer.

The federal appeals court in Atlanta reversed a lower-court decision that the fund could proceed with its grant contest amid the litigation.

The case is being closely watched because of its possible implications for race-conscious programs in the private sector, particularly in the world of grant-giving and foundations.

Observers have identified the case as a central legal battle over civil rights and affirmative action, with support pouring in from groups on both sides of the issue……

This month, the Texas state parole board unanimously recommended the pardon and release of convicted killer and former US army sergeant Daniel Perry, along with the restoration of his firearm rights.

Perry had been working as an Uber driver in July 2020 when he shot and killed Garrett Foster, a white man who was attending a Black Lives Matter protest with his Black fiancee. Perry was later indicted for murder, tried, convicted and sentenced to 25 years in prison by an Austin jury.

Almost a year from the date of his sentencing, Perry’s pardon was granted by Texas governor Greg Abbott, and he now walks free.

As terrifying as the initial incident was, this pardon sends a chilling message: that politically motivated killing is OK, and that politicians are more focused on pandering to political pressure than protecting people’s lives.

During Perry’s trial, it emerged that in the weeks before he killed Foster, he had shared white-supremacist memes and talked about how he “might have to kill a few people” who were demonstrating outside his house in 2020.

He also compared the Black Lives Matter movement to “a zoo full of monkeys that are freaking out flinging their shirt”.

And days into nationwide protests sparked by George Floyd’s murder by a Minneapolis police officer, Perry sent a text message saying: “I might go to Dallas to shoot looters.”

Perry described shooting Foster as an act of self-defense. Yet according to trial testimony about the day Foster died, Perry had seen the predominantly Black group of protesters gathered across the street from him, ran a red light and drove his car right into the middle of the protest.

When Foster – who was legally carrying a firearm but had not, according to some eyewitnesses, threatened Perry – approached Perry’s car, he shot him dead and sped away……

A prosecutor said Tuesday he is asking the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals to reverse the governor's pardon of a former Army sergeant who was convicted of fatally shooting a Black Lives Matter demonstrator.

Travis County District Attorney José Garza and the family of Garrett Foster, who was killed during a protest in July 2020, have called Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's full pardon of Daniel Perry a mockery of the legal system.

Garza said Tuesday that Abbott had “put politics over justice,” and he vowed to use every option available to reverse the governor's decision.

“We will continue to use the legal process to seek justice,” he said during a news conference in Austin.……

I kinda get why we needed this in the 1950’s when we were in the middle of Jim Crow and black people were never quoted or asked about anything, really. But why do we need it now? Just ask black people, just look at their videos. I honestly don’t get it. 🤷‍♀️

I agree that the 50s were definitely a different era, time and situation but even today with the videos they are just dismissed (we've certainly seen a lot of dismissing and excusing in this thread alone, and the CRT and asian violence threads)

The video is either false, misleading, edited or if begrudgingly admitted that it happened is an extremely isolated incident

The greatest gift ever to those people are the Jussie Smollet case. "If one is fake, they are all fake"

I still think that this experiment may have some merit.

You can see his daughter was mortified. What a complete piece of crap.
    The first time I watched the video of the incident, I saw the same thing you did. She was embarrassed and seemed both surprised and disappointed the Superintendent wasn't there when she reached to shake his hand.

I found a local news report of the incident. The father claimed he was upset with the Superintendent for how he allegedly mishandled bullying of his daughter.

I rewatched the video after hearing the father's alleged reason for pushing the Superintendent away. Nope, his daughter did not react like a child when a parent stands up for them. She reacted like a child when their parent is being an arsehole.

Last edited:
    The first time I watched the video of the incident, I saw the same thing you did. She was embarrassed and seemed both surprised and disappointed the Superintendent wasn't there when she reached to shake his hand.

I found a local news report of the incident. The father claimed he was upset with the Superintendent for how he allegedly mishandled bullying of his daughter.

I rewatched the video after hearing the father's alleged reason for pushing the Superintendent away. Nope, his daughter did not react like a child when a parent stands up for them. She reacted like a child when their parent is being an arsehole.
    And I’m sure this guy is going to ask her to confirm the bullying story

Putting her in an awkward position

Either lie to try to shield him or say her father is a liar and a racist

And I’m sure this guy is going to ask her to confirm the bullying story

Putting her in an awkward position

Either lie to try to shield him or say her father is a liar and a racist
    I'm hoping she won't have to be put in that position. If the Superintendent truly mishandled a bullying situation, that means it was reported which means there would be documentation of it.

That's were any investigation should start and if there's no reporting of any bullying, then it's reasonable to conclude the father is pulling his excuse out of his arse.

Even if there is documentation of the bullying, it doesn't justified the father's actions, it only makes it possible that the father may not have been racially motivated, heavy emphasis on "possible" and "may not."

Personally, I don't give him benefit of the doubt. I think it was racially motivated and will believe that unless very strong, credible evidence proves otherwise.

I'm hoping she won't have to be put in that position. If the Superintendent truly mishandled a bullying situation, that means it was reported which means there would be documentation of it.

That's were any investigation should start and if there's no reporting of any bullying, then it's reasonable to conclude the father is pulling his excuse out of his arse.

Even if there is documentation of the bullying, it doesn't justified the father's actions, it only makes it possible that the father may not have been racially motivated, heavy emphasis on "possible" and "may not."

Personally, I don't give him benefit of the doubt. I think it was racially motivated and will believe that unless very strong, credible evidence proves otherwise.

IDK, but that story doesn't really add up to me. How often do parents deal with the superintendent for bullying issue? I know my kid has had to deal with several bullying insistences and the only people we dealt with were the principle and school administration. I don't really think superintendents often deal with individual bullying issues unless something seriously goes awry at a school. Regardless, why would you deal with that at graduation when your kid chose to walk in the ceremony and is on the stage?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom