All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

shoot first was more of an expression.
    but if you want to read endless examples, just head over to SR and read through this thread if you haven't been part of it.. so many times bad things happened to people that could have been easily de-escalated, especially those that were having known mental problems..

Literally just posted this in that thread
    ===============

Delgardo Franklin II had been hearing voices in his head but refusing mental health treatment for weeks. So his father took matters into his own hands, calling Arlington police while his son sat at a bus stop on a summer day in 2019.

Four years later, the father, also named Delgardo Franklin, still chokes up describing the anger and regret he feels over what happened next.

As one officer pointed a Taser device at the younger Franklin, another ordered him to kneel so he could be handcuffed, video of the encounter obtained by The Washington Post shows. When Franklin refused, five officers circled him and moved in on cue, wrestling him to the ground.

Police then jailed Franklin and charged him with assaulting three officers. All of it while his father stood by, watching in disbelief as police overpowered an unarmed man he told them was in mental distress.

“He’s noncombative. He’s nonaggressive,” the father recalled in an interview. “He’s dropping a couple of F-bombs. How would you expect someone to not be upset and agitated when you’re approaching them? Yes, I called them. But, again, I called them for help.”

Three policing experts who reviewed the dashboard-camera video and documents in the case told The Post the encounter was an example of how not to respond to a mental health crisis.

Although all five officers who tackled Franklin had crisis intervention training that called for them to de-escalate the situation, they decided within minutes to forcibly take him into custody, the experts noted……

that is what they mean when they said defund the police. bad choice of phrase. the phrase hurt the movement..
    That and the actual defunding of the police. So now those cities that fell into the propaganda are having to budget more to refund the police force due to crime and those refunding are being asked for by the poor communities.
    I get the idea, but as most leftist policies, they don't work in the real world because humans will human.

shoot first was more of an expression.
    but if you want to read endless examples, just head over to SR and read through this thread if you haven't been part of it.. so many times bad things happened to people that could have been easily de-escalated, especially those that were having known mental problems..
    So it is not racial killings, at least that is a good thing.

If you want to talk about ending qualified immunity and harsher training standards for police, I am 100% behind that. There are a lot of little man tyrants on police forces but I think that might be due to the failed idea of policing and punishment in our society.

So it is not racial killings, at least that is a good thing.

If you want to talk about ending qualified immunity and harsher training standards for police, I am 100% behind that. There are a lot of little man tyrants on police forces but I think that might be due to the failed idea of policing and punishment in our society.
    we don't need harsher training standards, we need the correct and better training standards for police.

That and the actual defunding of the police. So now those cities that fell into the propaganda are having to budget more to refund the police force due to crime and those refunding are being asked for by the poor communities.
    I get the idea, but as most leftist policies, they don't work in the real world because humans will human.
    Could you show us an example of a community that defunded the police, with some details about how much their budget was reduced, what the money was used for, and the outcomes? An actual source with actual facts, if you can. If I remember correctly - this was not a common occurrence, it wasn’t an official policy of the Democratic Party, and the few places it was tried had differing results. It was highly dependent on how it was implemented.

But to pretend, as you do here, that there was one type of policy enacted and that all the outcomes were the same is just not true. It’s a complex issue with complex solutions, rather than one that can be discussed in cartoonish terms.

I'm prepared to see Scott go harder than anyone on Anti-woke, anti-CRT etc.

It seems that the only way you're allowed to be a minority conservative if you go harder on all race topics than anyone else

During her speech at the 2020 RNC didn't Nikki Haley say something like "America is not and has never been a racist country"?

The only minorities that rise to prominence in the Republican party or the ones willing to loudly crusade against laws and policies intended to decrease racism and the harms that come from it.

It's the same tactic that was used during the era of slavery.

probably the last time he steps out of line
    ===========================

.........Wednesday evening, hours after Donalds' tweet was published, Florida Education Commissioner Manny Diaz Jr. took a jab at the congressman online.

"The federal government won't dictate Florida's education standards," Diaz Jr. wrote. "This new curriculum is based on truth. We will not back down from teaching our nation's true history at the behest of a woke White House, nor at the behest of a supposedly conservative congressman."

A member of DeSantis' presidential campaign and a fellow gubernatorial staffer also compared Donalds, the sole Black GOP congressman in Florida's delegation, to Vice President Kamala Harris, the first Black vice president of the United States, who recently traveled to Florida to excoriate the state for its new curriculum.

"Supposed conservatives in the federal government are pushing the same false narrative that originated from the White House," DeSantis press secretary in the Executive Office of the Governor, Jeremy Redfern, tweeted. "Florida isn't going to hide the truth for political convenience. Maybe the congressman shouldn't swing for the liberal media fences like @VP."

Christina Pushaw, the DeSantis presidential campaign's rapid response director, simply responded to Donalds' original tweet with a GIF of the vice president.

After receiving blowback from DeSantis' team, Donalds responded by doubling down on his support for former President Donald Trump in the 2024 GOP primary race.

"What's crazy to me is I expressed support for the vast majority of the new African American history standards and happened to oppose one sentence that seemed to dignify the skills gained by slaves as a result of their enslavement," he wrote. "Anyone who can't accurately interpret what I said is disingenuous and is desperately attempting to score political points. Just another reason why l'm proud to have endorsed President Donald J. Trump!"..........

Last edited:
    This could have gone in the voting thread also
    =============================

Since 1870, the Augusta judicial circuit has been home to the criminal justice system of a three-county area on Georgia’s border with South Carolina. In that time, no African American has been elected district attorney of the circuit – until 2020, when a Black lawyer named Jared Williams upset a conservative, pro-police candidate with just more than 50% of the vote.

But that historic win was short-lived. The day after his election, a lawyer and state lawmaker in the area proposed something unusual: that the circuit’s whitest county separate itself from the Augusta circuit, creating a new judicial circuit in Georgia for the first time in nearly 40 years.

“Does the board of commissioners want to be there [sic] own judicial circuit,” Barry Fleming, a Republican state legislator from nearby Harlem, asked the Columbia county commission chair, Doug Duncan, in a text message.

Duncan supported the plan, and in December 2020 issued a resolution asking the area’s lawmakers, including Fleming, to introduce legislation that would separate Columbia county from the judicial circuit it had been a part of for 150 years. Fleming’s bill passed with bipartisan support.

The split caused the disenfranchisement of the old circuit’s Black voters, voting advocacy organization Black Voters Matter Fund contended in a lawsuit that was eventually dismissed by the state supreme court. Those voters had chosen Williams, who ran on a pledge to uphold criminal justice reforms such as not prosecuting low-level marijuana possession, a crime which disproportionately affects Black and minority communities.

Instead of Williams, Black voters in Columbia county got as their prosecutor Bobby Christine, a Trump-appointed US attorney who was appointed by the Republican governor, Brian Kemp. Christine then chose Williams’s opponent as his chief deputy.

Voting advocates say the circuit split is an example of the type of minority rule that Republicans are accused of engaging in across the US.

“There was a time when as we started to win these elections, white people would leave,” said Cliff Albright, executive director of Black Voters Matter Fund. “But now they’ve figured out, we don’t actually have to leave, we can just change the jurisdiction. It is a way, even when the political minority is losing, to hold on to the mechanism of coercion through the courts and law enforcement.”……

This could have gone in the voting thread also
    =============================

Since 1870, the Augusta judicial circuit has been home to the criminal justice system of a three-county area on Georgia’s border with South Carolina. In that time, no African American has been elected district attorney of the circuit – until 2020, when a Black lawyer named Jared Williams upset a conservative, pro-police candidate with just more than 50% of the vote.

But that historic win was short-lived. The day after his election, a lawyer and state lawmaker in the area proposed something unusual: that the circuit’s whitest county separate itself from the Augusta circuit, creating a new judicial circuit in Georgia for the first time in nearly 40 years.

“Does the board of commissioners want to be there [sic] own judicial circuit,” Barry Fleming, a Republican state legislator from nearby Harlem, asked the Columbia county commission chair, Doug Duncan, in a text message.

Duncan supported the plan, and in December 2020 issued a resolution asking the area’s lawmakers, including Fleming, to introduce legislation that would separate Columbia county from the judicial circuit it had been a part of for 150 years. Fleming’s bill passed with bipartisan support.

The split caused the disenfranchisement of the old circuit’s Black voters, voting advocacy organization Black Voters Matter Fund contended in a lawsuit that was eventually dismissed by the state supreme court. Those voters had chosen Williams, who ran on a pledge to uphold criminal justice reforms such as not prosecuting low-level marijuana possession, a crime which disproportionately affects Black and minority communities.

Instead of Williams, Black voters in Columbia county got as their prosecutor Bobby Christine, a Trump-appointed US attorney who was appointed by the Republican governor, Brian Kemp. Christine then chose Williams’s opponent as his chief deputy.

Voting advocates say the circuit split is an example of the type of minority rule that Republicans are accused of engaging in across the US.

“There was a time when as we started to win these elections, white people would leave,” said Cliff Albright, executive director of Black Voters Matter Fund. “But now they’ve figured out, we don’t actually have to leave, we can just change the jurisdiction. It is a way, even when the political minority is losing, to hold on to the mechanism of coercion through the courts and law enforcement.”……

This is America...They felt that their county was no longer great, so they made those changes so that it will be great again.

.........Wednesday evening, hours after Donalds' tweet was published, Florida Education Commissioner Manny Diaz Jr. took a jab at the congressman online.

"The federal government won't dictate Florida's education standards," Diaz Jr. wrote. "This new curriculum is based on truth. We will not back down from teaching our nation's true history at the behest of a woke White House, nor at the behest of a supposedly conservative congressman."

A member of DeSantis' presidential campaign and a fellow gubernatorial staffer also compared Donalds, the sole Black GOP congressman in Florida's delegation, to Vice President Kamala Harris, the first Black vice president of the United States, who recently traveled to Florida to excoriate the state for its new curriculum.

"Supposed conservatives in the federal government are pushing the same false narrative that originated from the White House," DeSantis press secretary in the Executive Office of the Governor, Jeremy Redfern, tweeted. "Florida isn't going to hide the truth for political convenience. Maybe the congressman shouldn't swing for the liberal media fences like @VP."

Christina Pushaw, the DeSantis presidential campaign's rapid response director, simply responded to Donalds' original tweet with a GIF of the vice president.

After receiving blowback from DeSantis' team, Donalds responded by doubling down on his support for former President Donald Trump in the 2024 GOP primary race.

"What's crazy to me is I expressed support for the vast majority of the new African American history standards and happened to oppose one sentence that seemed to dignify the skills gained by slaves as a result of their enslavement," he wrote. "Anyone who can't accurately interpret what I said is disingenuous and is desperately attempting to score political points. Just another reason why l'm proud to have endorsed President Donald J. Trump!"..........

Hahaha, It's funny that Donalds' thought that he or his opinon mattered in the right wing biospehere. He's just their tool to be used when usefull.

DeSantis hand-picked that board, they are as extreme as he is.

So, after being told to "know his role and shut his mouth" by someone much lower on the Republican totem pole (FLDoE) than he. Donalds then gets shot down again by his Republican Governor and his only retort is reinforce his support for trump. That takes strong character! He's trying his best to be a living example of what Florida is trying to teach.

You are correct, however, when I was young (a long time ago) students ribbed each other a lot. I had a Polish friend who took 100n polish jokes a minute in stride. Polish jokes were popular in that era. Today we walk on eggshells and this is a new era. As I said you are 100%. The new PC rules have a lot of positives, but there is a price to pay. Good friends, really good friends rib each other. Today that is a non no.

how do you know he “took it in stride?”

are you absolutely sure he didn’t hate it but the only way to get through the day was act like it didn’t bother him?

if he had said it bothered him, and asked you to stop would you have?

or would he have simply been cast out of the clique, for being a thin skinned baby who couldn’t take a joke? (Or take a hundred jokes a minute)

Could you show us an example of a community that defunded the police, with some details about how much their budget was reduced, what the money was used for, and the outcomes? An actual source with actual facts, if you can. If I remember correctly - this was not a common occurrence, it wasn’t an official policy of the Democratic Party, and the few places it was tried had differing results. It was highly dependent on how it was implemented.

But to pretend, as you do here, that there was one type of policy enacted and that all the outcomes were the same is just not true. It’s a complex issue with complex solutions, rather than one that can be discussed in cartoonish terms.
    Yawn.
    https://www.tfp.org/in-minneapolis-defund-abruptly-becomes-refund-the-police/

"In less than twelve months, the Minneapolis City Council has been mugged by reality. Council members now admit that their defunding of the police has been “misinterpreted” by almost everyone, including its own members. It is destroying the security of the community. They have now resolved to return $6.4 million to the police department’s budget."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/democrats-went-defund-refund-police-rcna14796

WASHINGTON — A young Democratic member of Congress declared the "defund the police" movement “dead" on Thursday, and Black Democratic mayors from San Francisco to New York, Chicago to Washington, D.C., are moving to increase police budgets and end “the reign of criminals."

As violent crime surges ahead of the November midterms, President Joe Biden and the Democratic Party are toughening their talk on crime, and refunding the police only two years after some progressive activists took up the call to defund them.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sing-cuts-police-budgets-increasing-them.html

• Many major cities are reversing prior moves to defund police departments, requesting budget increases
    • They are reeling after violent crime soared when they slashed funding for cops last year
    • Murder rate jumped 30% on average last year across a sample of 34 American cities
    • Violent crime continues to increase sharply this year in cities including NYC and Chicago
    • Now Mayor de Blasio is seeking to reinstate $92 million in funding for new police precinct
    • Baltimore mayor wants $27 million funding boost after he led the charge to cut $22 million as councilman
    • Los Angeles mayor proposes increase of $50 million after $150 million in cuts last year

I believe you can do your own work from here.

we don't need harsher training standards, we need the correct and better training standards for police.
    And the DAs too. We need to stop with the coddling of criminals and begin to enact very harsh punishment and make no apologies for it.

And the DAs too. We need to stop with the coddling of criminals and begin to enact very harsh punishment and make no apologies for it.

We already do that, we have the largest prision population in the world. How high do you want the US prison population to be?

==============
    Not only does the U.S. have the highest incarceration rate in the world; every single U.S. state incarcerates more people per capita than virtually any independent democracy on earth. To be sure, states like New York and Massachusetts appear progressive in their incarceration rates compared to states like Louisiana, but compared to the rest of the world, every U.S. state relies too heavily on prisons and jails to respond to crime.
    ==============

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom