All things Racist...USA edition (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

I said "As I understand it" because I've actually taken the time to try and understand what CRT is once it became an obsession on the right. I then provided you with a definition of my understanding of what CRT is that fits perfectly with the what you posted. So I don't know what your point is other than to label me as radical left for pointing out how CRT is the opposite of what you claimed.

Also, I know "activist" is boogyman word on the right, but just because something contains an "activist" dimension, doesn't make it evil.
    Fair enough, I will agree that 'activist' doesn't necessarily equal evil.
    Would a white supremist activist be considered evil? He would and he is.
    Do you consider the activists on 1/6 evil? Yes, you do.
    So would a black supremist be considered evil? He should, but he is not. He is oppressed so he can't be evil so that form 'activism' is not evil because of race. That is evil.

Fair enough, I will agree that 'activist' doesn't necessarily equal evil.
    Would a white supremist activist be considered evil? He would and he is.
    Do you consider the activists on 1/6 evil? Yes, you do.
    So would a black supremist be considered evil? He should, but he is not. He is oppressed so he can't be evil so that form 'activism' is not evil because of race. That is evil.

White Supremacist - Agreed. Yes Evil

Activist on 1/6? No. I don't think they're evil unless they were also white supremacist (which we know a percentage were). More like mislead, misinformed and in some cases deranged mob that was encouraged and spurred to violence by a charlatan and his media cohorts.

Black Supremacist? Yes, evil. Any ideology that teaches the superiority of one race over the others is evil.

@Farb

Can you point to some Black Supremacists? I am having a hard time finding anyone who is espousing that the Black race is genetically superior and the race chosen by god.

Maybe is missed it in my Communist Left newsletter?

And because a system is racist, doesn’t even mean it was intentional. I get the impression you think we all believe there was some meeting of you racists and you guys put all these laws in place to screw Black people. When reality is they were more than likely set up with all Americans in mind.

But that is the problem. They think like you and believe Liberals and minorities aren’t as American - less of one. so the image that came to mind when writing a law was a white land owning male. So that is who the laws were written for. Over time, as women and minority groups have grown in size and influence, the deficiencies in the laws have been realized for all to see. Well at least those willing to look.

If you can look at our grammar school history books and tell me that we are teaching history and not a slanted view then I don’t know what to say. Happy Columbus Day I guess.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) said in a statement Wednesday that he is a member of an exclusive Rhode Island sailing club that lacks diversity.

Why it matters: Whitehouse has repeatedly spoken out against systemic racism and come under scrutiny this week for his family's affiliation with elite clubs. This is the second such club accused of lacking diversity that the senator has been linked to in recent days.

#White supremacy

I think this showa the reverse on what you think it does.

It shows that most of these old white guys are the same, and the racism is systematic, Which is what a lot of people want to bring to light, but the good ole boys want to ignore it and want you believe it doesn't exist.

I think this showa the reverse on what you think it does.

It shows that most of these old white guys are the same, and the racism is systematic, Which is what a lot of people want to bring to light, but the good ole boys want to ignore it and want you believe it doesn't exist.

Yes, but systemic racism is more about the structural racism that exists in the underpinnings of our culture and way of doing business. The example SFL posted illustrates more of the individual racism that that is still out there.

Wasn't sure if this was better here or in the CRT thread
    ===================================

After 12 years of teaching, Felicia Dangerfield-Persky knows the importance of interpreting her students' misbehavior with grace and empathy.

On some occasions, she's had no choice but to report students who show up to school with weapons or drugs. But more often, she said, it's up to her to decide whether a student's tone of voice, for instance, is worth shuffling them off to the administration for formal discipline.

How a teacher responds to those situations can come down to cultural understanding.

"Some students are loud because they don't have a choice. They may live in a house with 12 people where they have to yell to get their point across," Dangerfield-Persky said, citing eye or neck rolls as examples of body language accepted as displays of passion in Black communities that are often misinterpreted as defiance in schools.

But if teachers don't understand that, she added, "that's when culture differences lead to disrespect, lead to defiance, lead to subordination, lead to going home."

Dangerfield-Persky teaches math in a North Carolina middle school that serves a high percentage of Black and Latinx students, but she's part of a much smaller percentage of Black teachers employed there, which is reflective of a national trend.

About 7% of K-12 teachers and 11% of principals in the United States are Black. Those numbers are largely a result of school-desegregation policies in the 1960s and '70s displacing Black educators from their once segregated community schools.

Although Dangerfield-Persky may err on the side of addressing frustrating student behavior through informal conversation, federal data showed that not every educator shares her perspective...........

Wasn't sure if this was better here or in the CRT thread
    ===================================

After 12 years of teaching, Felicia Dangerfield-Persky knows the importance of interpreting her students' misbehavior with grace and empathy.

On some occasions, she's had no choice but to report students who show up to school with weapons or drugs. But more often, she said, it's up to her to decide whether a student's tone of voice, for instance, is worth shuffling them off to the administration for formal discipline.

How a teacher responds to those situations can come down to cultural understanding.

"Some students are loud because they don't have a choice. They may live in a house with 12 people where they have to yell to get their point across," Dangerfield-Persky said, citing eye or neck rolls as examples of body language accepted as displays of passion in Black communities that are often misinterpreted as defiance in schools.

But if teachers don't understand that, she added, "that's when culture differences lead to disrespect, lead to defiance, lead to subordination, lead to going home."

Dangerfield-Persky teaches math in a North Carolina middle school that serves a high percentage of Black and Latinx students, but she's part of a much smaller percentage of Black teachers employed there, which is reflective of a national trend.

About 7% of K-12 teachers and 11% of principals in the United States are Black. Those numbers are largely a result of school-desegregation policies in the 1960s and '70s displacing Black educators from their once segregated community schools.

Although Dangerfield-Persky may err on the side of addressing frustrating student behavior through informal conversation, federal data showed that not every educator shares her perspective...........

I missed the study that they kind of use, is it listed in the article?

15% of students yet 27% of law enforcment referrals? That is actually about correct with regards to the criminal justice system too. Maybe it is not the systems but the culture?

I missed the study that they kind of use, is it listed in the article?

15% of students yet 27% of law enforcment referrals? That is actually about correct with regards to the criminal justice system too. Maybe it is not the systems but the culture?

Or maybe the system has led to the culture and we need to work to fix both, but you can't fix either without fixing the other?

Just doing a little non-ideologically driven spitballing here.

Or maybe the system has led to the culture and we need to work to fix both, but you can't fix either without fixing the other?

Just doing a little non-ideologically driven spitballing here.
    I would absolutely agree with you on that.

A mostly white high school basketball team in Southern California has been stripped of its regional title after tortillas were thrown at a predominately Latino opposing team following a championship game last month, officials announced Wednesday.

"After a thorough review and analysis of the incident following the conclusion of the Division 4-A regional basketball championship game between Coronado High School and Orange Glen High School, the (California Interscholastic Federation) state executive director reiterates that discriminatory and racially insensitive behaviors toward an opponent contravene the principles of education-based athletics," the federation said in a news release.

Based on investigations of the incident, "The 2021 Southern California Boys Basketball Division 4-A Regional Championship is vacated," the release states.

On June 19, Orange Glen High School's predominantly Latino team lost the championship game to largely white Coronado High School.

After the game, some members of the Coronado crowd threw tortillas at the opposing team's athletes following several heated disputes on the basketball court, according to witnesses and video footage.

The federation further sanctioned Coronado's basketball team and placed members on probation through the end of the 2024 school year, according to the news release.

The team and its athletic staff are also required to complete a sportsmanship workshop, which includes training on racial and cultural sensitivity.

"In this instance, there is no doubt the act of throwing tortillas at a predominately Latino team is unacceptable and warrants sanctions," the release states..............

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) said in a statement Wednesday that he is a member of an exclusive Rhode Island sailing club that lacks diversity.

Why it matters: Whitehouse has repeatedly spoken out against systemic racism and come under scrutiny this week for his family's affiliation with elite clubs. This is the second such club accused of lacking diversity that the senator has been linked to in recent days.

#White supremacy
    I would assume the club would love to find a POC that owns a sail boat who wants to be surrounded by 100% people of European ancestry. However, I would assume those people are not a dime a dozen.

I’m curious if the Supreme Court will end up taking this case. I’m generally not a fan of the government forgiving loans.

A mostly white high school basketball team in Southern California has been stripped of its regional title after tortillas were thrown at a predominately Latino opposing team following a championship game last month, officials announced Wednesday.

"After a thorough review and analysis of the incident following the conclusion of the Division 4-A regional basketball championship game between Coronado High School and Orange Glen High School, the (California Interscholastic Federation) state executive director reiterates that discriminatory and racially insensitive behaviors toward an opponent contravene the principles of education-based athletics," the federation said in a news release.

Based on investigations of the incident, "The 2021 Southern California Boys Basketball Division 4-A Regional Championship is vacated," the release states.

On June 19, Orange Glen High School's predominantly Latino team lost the championship game to largely white Coronado High School.

After the game, some members of the Coronado crowd threw tortillas at the opposing team's athletes following several heated disputes on the basketball court, according to witnesses and video footage.

The federation further sanctioned Coronado's basketball team and placed members on probation through the end of the 2024 school year, according to the news release.

The team and its athletic staff are also required to complete a sportsmanship workshop, which includes training on racial and cultural sensitivity.

"In this instance, there is no doubt the act of throwing tortillas at a predominately Latino team is unacceptable and warrants sanctions," the release states..............

If the team and coaches didn’t throw tortillas or encourage that behavior, then I don’t see how stripping them of a championship is fair. If it was a couple of teens acting a fool, then punish those teens. If players threw tortillas, then the punishment is more reasonable.

I’m curious if the Supreme Court will end up taking this case. I’m generally not a fan of the government forgiving loans.

As long as the government is subsidizing massive corporate farms I'm ok with them forgiving loans for the common individual farmer. The farming landscape, like everything else, has drifted far away from true capitalism toward the political establishment creating an unbalanced playing field for their corporate overlords. While loan forgiveness doesn't fix that it is at least tossing some scraps to the common man.

Edit: To be clear I'm not supporting this for black farmers only. I think it should be available to any small farms.

As long as the government is subsidizing massive corporate farms I'm ok with them forgiving loans for the common individual farmer. The farming landscape, like everything else, has drifted far away from true capitalism toward the political establishment creating an unbalanced playing field for their corporate overlords. While loan forgiveness doesn't fix that it is at least tossing some scraps to the common man.

Edit: To be clear I'm not supporting this for black farmers only. I think it should be available to any small farms.

If this was limited to small farmers, then I don’t think it gets challenged. I don’t see how this program ever gets through the courts and distributes funds on the basis of race.

If this was limited to small farmers, then I don’t think it gets challenged. I don’t see how this program ever gets through the courts and distributes funds on the basis of race.

Agree, it does not seem legally defensible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom