All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

No, just about every crime has verbiage added to it to define it for different circumstance. why would adding hate crime differ? The old "all crimes are hate crimes" is an old tired argument that a 12 year old would make....

White teacher fights for job after students accused him of racism​

I love the defense of "i can't be racist because racism doesn't exist"..
    The district also alleges that that while Magoffin was teaching a physics class he referred to Martin Luther King Jr. Day as 'Black Privilege Day' and that students recall him say he would never support Black Lives Matter and racism doesn't exist in America.
    He told me and my classmates that racism only existed in Germany, and it was towards the Turks.'

cotton.gif

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...mericans-set-white-accountability-groups.html

• The video is the latest in a series called The New Normal hosted by Nicole Ellis
    • It aired on Friday, and suggests white people segregate themselves into groups to discuss how white people have harmed people of color over history
    • One expert on the episode, Resmaa Manakem, suggests people take part in these groups for years before they can confront people of color
    • Trauma therapist Ilyse Kennedy said she took part in one such group and said it was important for white people to feel 'a period of deep shame'
    • The episode faced backlash, with one saying the suggestions were akin to a 'pseudoreligious movement' and constituted 'neoracism'
    Racism is bad. Wanting someone to feel 'deep shame' based on the color of their skin is the 'new normal'?

No.
    But the people who are racists should feel a deep shame.. They should be continuously reminded of how crappy of a person they are by being called out as often as possible.
    Well, according to CRT, whiteness is equal to racist, so all white people are racist so all white people should feel shame.

Well, according to CRT, whiteness is equal to racist, so all white people are racist so all white people should feel shame.

I have not read the CRT, so i cannot comment on that. Is that a direct quote or are you just paraphrasing?
    It’s just bullshirt he heard on OAN.

It's funny that for all your postings on CRT, you haven't even taken the time to understand what it is.

As I understand the framework that CRT functions under is that racism isn't just or only an individual problem (i.e. a few bad apples), but that it is a systemic problen woven into government policy and administration that produces predictable negative results for minorities and positive results for majority white population. That even though an individual white person may not be racist, they still benefit from the system in place. And that the solutions to systematic racism isn't through an individual approach (i.e. shaming) but through systematic change.

So basically the exact opposite of what you stated.

Last edited:

All just a big misunderstanding

it should be easy enough to prove one way or the other If this really is a long standing celebratory tradition
    ==============================

The man who says he supplied the tortillas that Coronado students threw at Orange Glen High basketball players said Wednesday that his intentions were not racist and the district should not have fired its basketball coach.

Luke Serna, who is a Coronado alumnus and is half-Mexican, said he brought packs of tortillas and gave them to Coronado players for a celebration.

Serna has been active in Coronado Democratic circles and says he is an officer with the SEIU 1000 union.

He wrote in an unsigned letter to the school board Tuesday that the tortillas were solely for celebratory purposes, mentioning that it has been a tradition at some UC Santa Barbara sporting events. Serna graduated from UCSB.

"There was not a shred of ill-intent or racial animus in carrying out this celebratory action," Serna wrote in the letter. "Those who have enflamed this issue into a racially charged issue should be utterly ASHAMED of themselves."

His statements are the latest wrinkle in an incident that has made national news and has been linked to Coronado firing its head basketball coach, JD Laaperi.

A variety of community and civil rights groups, school district officials, lawmakers and others have denounced the tortilla tossing as racist against the Latino community and people of color in general............

All just a big misunderstanding

it should be easy enough to prove one way or the other If this really is a long standing celebratory tradition
    ==============================

The man who says he supplied the tortillas that Coronado students threw at Orange Glen High basketball players said Wednesday that his intentions were not racist and the district should not have fired its basketball coach.

Luke Serna, who is a Coronado alumnus and is half-Mexican, said he brought packs of tortillas and gave them to Coronado players for a celebration.

Serna has been active in Coronado Democratic circles and says he is an officer with the SEIU 1000 union.

He wrote in an unsigned letter to the school board Tuesday that the tortillas were solely for celebratory purposes, mentioning that it has been a tradition at some UC Santa Barbara sporting events. Serna graduated from UCSB.

"There was not a shred of ill-intent or racial animus in carrying out this celebratory action," Serna wrote in the letter. "Those who have enflamed this issue into a racially charged issue should be utterly ASHAMED of themselves."

His statements are the latest wrinkle in an incident that has made national news and has been linked to Coronado firing its head basketball coach, JD Laaperi.

A variety of community and civil rights groups, school district officials, lawmakers and others have denounced the tortilla tossing as racist against the Latino community and people of color in general............

BS meter is going off. If it was because of the tradition at UCSB (not this school), they would have thrown the tortillas after the first points was scored. Not during an altercation after the game.

The act of throwing tortillas dates back decades at UCSB, but the practice has been controversial.

Fans used to throw toilet paper after their team scored the first points of the game, according to the Los Angeles Times. They switched to tortillas after security started confiscating the toilet paper; tortillas were flatter and easier to sneak in.

Tortilla throwing drew frustration from some UCSB coaches. In one basketball game in 1997, fans threw tortillas at members of the opposing team during the game, costing UCSB technical fouls.

It's funny that for all your postings on CRT, you haven't even taken the time to understand what it is.

As I understand the framework that CRT functions under is that racism isn't just or only an individual problem (i.e. a few bad apples), but that it is a systemic problen woven into government policy and administration that produces predictable negative results for minorities and positive results for majority white population. That even though an individual white person may not be racist, they still benefit from the system in place. And that the solutions to systematic racism isn't through an individual approach (i.e. shaming) but through systematic change.

So basically the exact opposite of what you stated.
    You are saying I haven't taken the time to understand what CRT is but in the next sentence you frame your response 'as I understand it'. Got it.

So we are to the point in the conversation where the radical left uses 'you don't even understand what you are against' as the radical left constantly changes definitions, words and meanings. It is almost like you guy have a play book. I think Moa and Stalin had one too. Interesting.

https://jordaninstituteforfamilies....ado_and_Stefancic_on_Critical_Race_Theory.pdf

This is the founding document of this 'ideology' written by the 'founders'. Also pay attention to the this:

Although CRT began as a movement in the law, it has rapidly spread beyond that discipline. Today, many in the field of education consider themselves critical race theorists who use CRT’s ideas to understand issues of school discipline and hierarchy, tracking, controversies over curriculum and history, and IQ and achievement testing. Political scientists ponder voting strategies coined by critical race theorists. Ethnic studies courses often include a unit on critical race theory, and American studies departments teach material on critical white studies developed by CRT writers. Unlike some academic disciplines, critical race theory contains an activist dimension. It not only tries to understand our social situation, but to change it;

I take that to mean that since all our societal norms are racist, they need to be changed. By changing, the activist dimension wants to tear down and rebuild America.

I don't buy into America is a racist country at all, so I am not going to support a movement based on a that founding principle much less on that supports destroying our social and cultural norms.

You are saying I haven't taken the time to understand what CRT is but in the next sentence you frame your response 'as I understand it'. Got it.

So we are to the point in the conversation where the radical left uses 'you don't even understand what you are against' as the radical left constantly changes definitions, words and meanings. It is almost like you guy have a play book. I think Moa and Stalin had one too. Interesting.

https://jordaninstituteforfamilies....ado_and_Stefancic_on_Critical_Race_Theory.pdf

This is the founding document of this 'ideology' written by the 'founders'. Also pay attention to the this:

Although CRT began as a movement in the law, it has rapidly spread beyond that discipline. Today, many in the field of education consider themselves critical race theorists who use CRT’s ideas to understand issues of school discipline and hierarchy, tracking, controversies over curriculum and history, and IQ and achievement testing. Political scientists ponder voting strategies coined by critical race theorists. Ethnic studies courses often include a unit on critical race theory, and American studies departments teach material on critical white studies developed by CRT writers. Unlike some academic disciplines, critical race theory contains an activist dimension. It not only tries to understand our social situation, but to change it;

I take that to mean that since all our societal norms are racist, they need to be changed. By changing, the activist dimension wants to tear down and rebuild America.

I don't buy into America is a racist country at all, so I am not going to support a movement based on a that founding principle much less on that supports destroying our social and cultural norms.

I said "As I understand it" because I've actually taken the time to try and understand what CRT is once it became an obsession on the right. I then provided you with a definition of my understanding of what CRT is that fits perfectly with the what you posted. So I don't know what your point is other than to label me as radical left for pointing out how CRT is the opposite of what you claimed.

Also, I know "activist" is boogyman word on the right, but just because something contains an "activist" dimension, doesn't make it evil.

I said "As I understand it" because I've actually taken the time to try and understand what CRT is once it became an obsession on the right. I then provided you with a definition of my understanding of what CRT is that fits perfectly with the what you posted. So I don't know what your point is other than to label me as radical left for pointing out how CRT is the opposite of what you claimed.

Also, I know "activist" is boogyman word on the right, but just because something contains an "activist" dimension, doesn't make it evil.
    So in attempt to understand CRT, did you read it or just listened to what the people with the same viewpoints as yours had to say about it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom