All things Racist...USA edition (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Except you have no proof that this person is lying. Jussie Smollett was caught in an actual lie. When the event first hit the news, I had no reason to disbelieve it because racially-motivated incidents happen regularly in this country. This incident as portrayed would have been an extreme example, sure, but not surprising if it had turned out to be true.

That said, I never stated that the possible harm from perpetrating a hoax and being discovered means that we absolutely must believe the victim, logically speaking. What I did was ask you what you think is more likely.
    Really, you see a lot white guys going around saying 'this is maga country' in Chicago? The only thing they left out as a sure tell this was thought up by a lefty is they didn't yell something about Qanon during the 'scuffle'.

Do they though? I would say there are far more fake one than real ones. If that is not the case, then why is there suck manufacturing of racism by politicians and the media?
    What do I think is more likely? That it is made up by a racist to justify their own racism.
    Do you think the student and the godmother should be investigated for making up a fake hate crime and causing emotional damage to completely innocent person?

Really, you see a lot white guys going around saying 'this is maga country' in Chicago? The only thing they left out as a sure tell this was thought up by a lefty is they didn't yell something about Qanon during the 'scuffle'.

You must have missed the very next sentence where I said it would have been an extreme example if it had been true.

Do they though? I would say there are far more fake one than real ones. If that is not the case, then why is there suck manufacturing of racism by politicians and the media?
    What do I think is more likely? That it is made up by a racist to justify their own racism.

By "more fake ones than real ones", you mean there are more fake racially-motivated crimes than real ones in this country. The FBI UCR data for 2019 shows over 3900 racially-motivated incidents, with nearly half of those directed at the African American population. That is 10.6 incidents per day. Are you saying that there are 10.7 fake incidents reported every day?

Do you think the student and the godmother should be investigated for making up a fake hate crime and causing emotional damage to completely innocent person?

No. That's ridiculous.

I don’t know if the silliness that is the objection to the Little Mermaid in racist circles has come to anyone‘s attention, but these people are just super unserious. Like too stupid to be real:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Sarah Collins Rudolph lost an eye and still has pieces of glass inside her body from a Ku Klux Klan bombing that killed her sister and three other Black girls at an Alabama church 59 years ago, and she’s still waiting on the state to compensate her for those injuries.

Gov. Kay Ivey sidestepped the question of financial compensation two years ago in apologizing to Rudolph for her “untold pain and suffering,” saying legislative involvement was needed.

But nothing has been done despite the efforts of attorneys representing Rudolph, leaving unresolved the question of payment even though victims of other attacks, including 9/11, were compensated.

Rudolph will meet with President Joe Biden at the White House for a summit about combatting hate-fueled violence on Thursday, the anniversary of the bombing.

Rudolph, known as the “Fifth Little Girl” for surviving the infamous attack, which was depicted in Spike Lee’s 1997 documentary “4 Little Girls,” has been rankled by the state’s inaction.

Speaking in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday, Rudolph said then-Gov. George C. Wallace helped lay the groundwork for the Ku Klux Klan attack on 16th Street Baptist Church with his segregationist rhetoric, and the state bears some responsibility for the bombing, which wasn’t prosecuted for years.

“If they hadn’t stirred up all that racist hate that was going on at the time I don’t believe that church would have been bombed,” said Rudolph.

Rudolph said she still incurs medical expenses from the explosion, including a $90 bill she gets every few months for work on the prosthetic she wears in place of the right eye that was destroyed by shrapnel on Sept. 15, 1963. Anything would help, but Rudolph believes she’s due millions………

Racists and "anti-woke" conservatives are losing their shirt over a new version of the Little Mermaid that features a black Ariel. Despite the fact that mermaids don't actually exist, the story is pure fantasy with talking crabs and a villain with purple skin, these people advance the asinine argument that Ariel must be white. Probably just like how Jesus is white.

Good lord. These are grown arse men vehemently complaining about The Little Mermaid. It's so freakin funny, I can't stand it.

And some of the stuff they're saying is so absurd - they might as well hang a sign around their necks that say "Look at me - I'm so racist that I'm willing to say idiotic things"

1663246998579.png

I may be wrong, but I don't remember racist backlash against the live action play broadcast of the little mermaid from a few years ago

And I also don't recall much social media outrage about Hamilton, "black actors portraying the founding fathers? and they're rapping?"

Maybe there is something extra triggering about a movie, though I can't imagine what the reason may be

I may be wrong, but I don't remember racist backlash against the live action play broadcast of the little mermaid from a few years ago

And I also don't recall much social media outrage about Hamilton, "black actors portraying the founding fathers? and they're rapping?"

Maybe there is something extra triggering about a movie, though I can't imagine what the reason may be

I think the reason is always basically the same: they think something is being taken from them.

You must have missed the very next sentence where I said it would have been an extreme example if it had been true.

By "more fake ones than real ones", you mean there are more fake racially-motivated crimes than real ones in this country. The FBI UCR data for 2019 shows over 3900 racially-motivated incidents, with nearly half of those directed at the African American population. That is 10.6 incidents per day. Are you saying that there are 10.7 fake incidents reported every day?

No. That's ridiculous.
    If they happen at rate of 10.6 a day, why are they not covered in the news? Why do they only tend to cover the fake one? Something tells me someone is making stuff up.

Why is that ridiculous? Both of them, and Duke (don't forget the Lacrosse hoax) were perfectly willing to let a random guy in the arena have his life destroyed, maybe killed over their lie. I think a criminal investigation should most definitely happen. At the least, she should have her scholarship removed and the godmother banned from all Duke sporting events. After all, the white kid was banned from athletic events until the lie was figured out.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Sarah Collins Rudolph lost an eye and still has pieces of glass inside her body from a Ku Klux Klan bombing that killed her sister and three other Black girls at an Alabama church 59 years ago, and she’s still waiting on the state to compensate her for those injuries.

Gov. Kay Ivey sidestepped the question of financial compensation two years ago in apologizing to Rudolph for her “untold pain and suffering,” saying legislative involvement was needed.

But nothing has been done despite the efforts of attorneys representing Rudolph, leaving unresolved the question of payment even though victims of other attacks, including 9/11, were compensated.

Rudolph will meet with President Joe Biden at the White House for a summit about combatting hate-fueled violence on Thursday, the anniversary of the bombing.

Rudolph, known as the “Fifth Little Girl” for surviving the infamous attack, which was depicted in Spike Lee’s 1997 documentary “4 Little Girls,” has been rankled by the state’s inaction.

Speaking in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday, Rudolph said then-Gov. George C. Wallace helped lay the groundwork for the Ku Klux Klan attack on 16th Street Baptist Church with his segregationist rhetoric, and the state bears some responsibility for the bombing, which wasn’t prosecuted for years.

“If they hadn’t stirred up all that racist hate that was going on at the time I don’t believe that church would have been bombed,” said Rudolph.

Rudolph said she still incurs medical expenses from the explosion, including a $90 bill she gets every few months for work on the prosthetic she wears in place of the right eye that was destroyed by shrapnel on Sept. 15, 1963. Anything would help, but Rudolph believes she’s due millions………

Why is the state of Alabama on the hook to pay for the crime of the KKK?

Racists and "anti-woke" conservatives are losing their shirt over a new version of the Little Mermaid that features a black Ariel. Despite the fact that mermaids don't actually exist, the story is pure fantasy with talking crabs and a villain with purple skin, these people advance the asinine argument that Ariel must be white. Probably just like how Jesus is white.

Good lord. These are grown arse men vehemently complaining about The Little Mermaid. It's so freakin funny, I can't stand it.

And some of the stuff they're saying is so absurd - they might as well hang a sign around their necks that say "Look at me - I'm so racist that I'm willing to say idiotic things"

1663246998579.png

Yeah, this is the silly by product of 'appropriation'. Actors can't actually act parts anymore, they have to line up and check all the boxes. Only whites can play whites, only black can play black characters, only gays can play gays, only disabled can play disabled, only trans can play trans, only latino can play latino.

The wonderful by product of hypersensitivity caused by identity politics. Don't worry though, it is not an unknown by product, it is the actual purpose of identity politics.

Yeah, this is the silly by product of 'appropriation'. Actors can't actually act parts anymore, they have to line up and check all the boxes. Only whites can play whites, only black can play black characters, only gays can play gays, only disabled can play disabled, only trans can play trans, only latino can play latino.

The wonderful by product of hypersensitivity caused by identity politics. Don't worry though, it is not an unknown by product, it is the actual purpose of identity politics.

So only mermaids can play mermaids? 🤷‍♂️

If they happen at rate of 10.6 a day, why are they not covered in the news? Why do they only tend to cover the fake one? Something tells me someone is making stuff up.

You have no idea if they are all covered or not unless you watch every news broadcast and read every newspaper. The only person making stuff up is you.

Why is that ridiculous? Both of them, and Duke (don't forget the Lacrosse hoax) were perfectly willing to let a random guy in the arena have his life destroyed, maybe killed over their lie. I think a criminal investigation should most definitely happen. At the least, she should have her scholarship removed and the godmother banned from all Duke sporting events. After all, the white kid was banned from athletic events until the lie was figured out.

It's ridiculous because we don't investigate people when there is no reason to believe a crime has been committed. This is completely different from the Duke lacrosse case, where a direct accusation of rape was made against a specific group of people with a police report filed.

We also, as a society, shouldn't punish people for coming forward when they think something has happened. There is no evidence that Rachel Richardson lied.

So, you think the real problem is that the mermaid is being played by a black actress rather than grown men all up in their feels because the part is being played by a black actress? Is that what you are saying? Serious question, I cannot actually tell what your point is.

So only mermaids can play mermaids? 🤷‍♂️

So, uh.

@Farb isn't completely wrong here. He's terrible at supporting his argument though, so I'll help him out.

There's been a long spate recently of people having a problem with white actors playing characters of different races and cis actors playing non-cis roles. That's not in dispute. Sometimes, the only way we know a character should be a certain race is because of the setting - i.e. - characters in the middle east should probably be brown and not white. But we have decided that it's not right to cast white, cis people in these nonwhite, noncis roles. That seems reasonable.

But if that is reasonable, then the opposite is also reasonable--nonwhite, noncis people shouldn't be cast in roles that are very obviously for white, cis people.

The Little Mermaid is based on a Hans Christian Anderson story. In that story, there are references to the Little Mermaid being white.
    “Do you not love me the best of them all?” the eyes of the little mermaid seemed to say, when he took her in his arms, and kissed her fair forehead.

He fixed his coal-black eyes upon her so earnestly that she cast down her own, and then became aware that her fish’s tail was gone, and that she had as pretty a pair of white legs and tiny feet as any little maiden could have; but she had no clothes, so she wrapped herself in her long, thick hair.

So, to be fair, if we are saying that white, cis people should not play non-white, non-cis roles, then it should stand to reason that they should be allowed to at least play the white, cis roles. And that non-white people should not be cast for white roles just for the sake of doing it.

The counter to this argument is that most roles are white and cis, especially with movies based on historical texts, and without "sharing" a little, there's a lot less nonwhite representation overall.

I think the best course of action is probably a middle ground. We should allow people of any race/gender/orientation perform any role for which they are the most qualified candidate--but their race/gender/orientation should be taken into account when determining if they are the most qualified candidate. It just shouldn't be the sole qualifying/disqualifying factor.

Last edited:
    So, uh.

@Farb isn't completely wrong here. He's terrible at supporting his argument though, so I'll help him out.

There's been a long spate recently of people having a problem with white actors playing characters of different races and cis actors playing non-cis roles. That's not in dispute. Sometimes, the only way we know a character should be a certain race is because of the setting - i.e. - characters in the middle east should probably be brown and not white. But we have decided that it's not right to cast white, cis people in these nonwhite, noncis roles. That seems reasonable.

But if that is reasonable, then the opposite is also reasonable--nonwhite, noncis people shouldn't be cast in roles that are very obviously for white, cis people.

The Little Mermaid is based on a Hans Christian Anderson story. In that story, there are references to the Little Mermaid being white.

So, to be fair, if we are saying that white, cis people should not play non-white, non-cis roles, then it should stand to reason that they should be allowed to at least play the white, cis roles. And that non-white people should not be cast for white roles just for the sake of doing it.

The counter to this argument is that most roles are white and non-cis, especially with movies based on historical texts, and without "sharing" a little, there's a lot less nonwhite representation overall.

I think the best course of action is probably a middle ground. We should allow people of any race/gender/orientation perform any role for which they are the most qualified candidate--but their race/gender/orientation should be taken into account when determining if they are the most qualified candidate. It just shouldn't be the sole qualifying/disqualifying factor.

It's good discussion - but I think the better question is whether the character's race, culture, or national/regional origin is intrinsic to the character, the character's history, or the importance of the character to the culture from which the character originates. This becomes more and more important as the work gets more and more realistic (with, obviously, non-fiction or historically-based fiction potentially being more important).

When it comes to pure fantasy, a character based on something that literally does not exist in this world and does not serve some metaphorical or allegorical function in relation to a race or culture, I don't see where this evaluation is even warranted . . . even if the original work describes the character's physical appearance in some way.

Is there anything about this fictional fantasy character that functions upon her race/skin-tone or her regional origin?

I remember actors saying something to the effect of, shouldn't a black actor be able to play Hamlet? I say, yes. So when did we lose sight of that? Shouldn't a non-white actor be able to play Abraham Lincoln if he is convincing enough? If he nails what we know of Lincoln, why not?

On the other hand, should a white actor be able to play Martin Luther King? You have to say yes. If he portrays King's character, again, why not?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom