All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

I wonder if this will turn in the the BYU racism claim last week. I bet it does and I also bet that it won't be followed up.

What do you think happened with the BYU racism claim?

Do you believe that there wasn't anyone shouting racist slurs at the game?

What do you think happened with the BYU racism claim?

Do you believe that there wasn't anyone shouting racist slurs at the game?
    Have the police found anything? Are there any eye witnesses? Do you have the proof that it happened or are we going with 'believe all women' thing again?

Yes, I think it was a hoax as the vast majority of these are. Didn't stop the university from apologizing, if that shows you how terrified these institutions are of being labeled 'racist'. Or from other race baiters virtual signaling (ESPN/Other colleges).

I also find it odd that people want so badly for this to be true when in reality, we should be glad that racism is not as prevalent in our society as the media would have us believe.

Have the police found anything? Are there any eye witnesses? Do you have the proof that it happened or are we going with 'believe all women' thing again?

Yes, I think it was a hoax as the vast majority of these are. Didn't stop the university from apologizing, if that shows you how terrified these institutions are of being labeled 'racist'. Or from other race baiters virtual signaling (ESPN/Other colleges).

I also find it odd that people want so badly for this to be true when in reality, we should be glad that racism is not as prevalent in our society as the media would have us believe.

Why would she make it up? Why would a sophomore majoring in neuroscience at Duke make it up?

Go back to that night. Richardson said she heard racial abuse. She and teammates went to the Duke coaches. Police were moved near the Duke bench. BYU coaches were made aware. That night, after the game, she called her father to tell him what happened. Soon after, she put out a statement. She then went on ESPN to say the same thing.

So at this point, according to the conspiracy theorists, she's lied to her teammates. Her coaches. The BYU coaches. The BYU athletic director. The police. Her godmother. Her father. The world because of her statement. ESPN. Then allowed her father to lie to a CNN audience.

What's more likely? All of that?

Or that she's telling the truth?

While attending her daughter’s high school volleyball game on Friday (Sept. 2), a mother was shocked to witness white students directing monkey noises toward Black athletes. She recorded the shameful situation on her cell phone and posted it on Twitter on Sunday (Sept. 4).

“Hi friends and family, sadly my post is not one of celebration. This past Friday, my daughter’s Varsity Team [at] Paetow High School (Katy, TX) played against Jordan High School (Katy, TX), and [they] were heckled and harassed with the student section making monkey sounds [toward] our Black and brown daughters,” LaKeesha Adams tweeted. In the video, the noises can be heard loud and clear throughout the gym.

Adams mentioned the students of color “were distraught and devastated to have to endure such hatred.” She added that although school officials were notified, they allegedly did nothing to stop the racist behavior. Adams said after no actions were taken by school officials, she “emailed formal complaints to the school AD and they have opened an investigation.”..........

This is in my area. Jordan is the high school the kids in my subdivision go to. I have a number of kids I used to coach in youth football that went to Paetow.

Not one thing about this story surprises me.

This is a pretty bad area for racism. My wife is frustrated because none of our kids want to stay in the area, they leave the state as quickly as they can, which means she's now up to three of our kids living in other states.

I've talked about it numerous times, but it wasn't this bad 6 years ago. In fact, it was good. Over the last 6 years, it has become an absolute nightmare. I want to move, but my wife has strong ties to the community so she is staying and fighting to change things. It's a losing battle, but I respect her effort (she managed to get the book New Kid put back in schools after it was removed for "promoting CRT"). Katy ISD actually is one of the leading schools in the nation for book bans.

My wife is working with a PAC to fund reasonable candidates, but that won't get far around here. I love her for trying but like a lot of the country, this place is rapidly moving backward.

I think yall don't understand how conspiracy theories work. The story itself is a conspiracy theory.
    It is not like there have not been a lot of fake hate crimes staged for the power of victimhood.

The Duke team was also questions, they didn't hear it either. In fact, no one did but this grandmother and maybe the player(?) she is not even really sure, so the Grandmother started the social media campaign to paint BYU and some special needs kid as racist.
    They only racist things they found in the investigation was the grandmother social media account and apparently she is running for an office of some sort. Shocker.

I think yall don't understand how conspiracy theories work. The story itself is a conspiracy theory.
    It is not like there have not been a lot of fake hate crimes staged for the power of victimhood.

The Duke team was also questions, they didn't hear it either. In fact, no one did but this grandmother and maybe the player(?) she is not even really sure, so the Grandmother started the social media campaign to paint BYU and some special needs kid as racist.
    They only racist things they found in the investigation was the grandmother social media account and apparently she is running for an office of some sort. Shocker.

Which is more likely, Farb?

1. She made it up and lied to the entire world about it, thus jeopardizing her ability to finish obtaining her highly advanced and specialized degree from a prestigious university.

or

2. It really happened.

1. She made it up and lied to the entire world about it, thus jeopardizing her ability to finish obtaining her highly advanced and specialized degree from a prestigious university.

or

2. It really happened.
    I and everyone else pick #1.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/byu-says-no-evidence-fans-racial-slurs-duke-volleyball-player/

"The school said it reached out to more than 50 people who attended the event, including athletic department personnel and student-athletes from both schools, event security and management and fans who were in the arena. It also reviewed audio and video recordings and raw footage from the match.
    As a result of the investigation, the university said it has lifted a ban on a fan who was identified as directing racial slurs toward Duke sophomore Rachel Richardson during the match. It also apologized to the fan for any hardship the ban caused."

This is a believe all women or person of color thing now. Got it.

Yeah, fake hate crimes never happen (Juicy says Hi).
    Here a few of the hundreds of examples of fake hate crimes...some are from students too... (after a 2 second google search)

https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/person-identified-mcclatchy-hs-racist-graffiti-protest/

https://www.thecollegefix.com/two-b...hould-die-graffiti-in-latest-hate-crime-hoax/

https://dailycaller.com/2016/12/21/...at-at-university-of-michigan-was-a-huge-hoax/

I give you a C- for pure stubbornness to facts.

I and everyone else pick #1.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/byu-says-no-evidence-fans-racial-slurs-duke-volleyball-player/

"The school said it reached out to more than 50 people who attended the event, including athletic department personnel and student-athletes from both schools, event security and management and fans who were in the arena. It also reviewed audio and video recordings and raw footage from the match.
    As a result of the investigation, the university said it has lifted a ban on a fan who was identified as directing racial slurs toward Duke sophomore Rachel Richardson during the match. It also apologized to the fan for any hardship the ban caused."

This is a believe all women or person of color thing now. Got it.

Yeah, fake hate crimes never happen (Juicy says Hi).
    Here a few of the hundreds of examples of fake hate crimes...some are from students too... (after a 2 second google search)

https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/person-identified-mcclatchy-hs-racist-graffiti-protest/

https://www.thecollegefix.com/two-b...hould-die-graffiti-in-latest-hate-crime-hoax/

https://dailycaller.com/2016/12/21/...at-at-university-of-michigan-was-a-huge-hoax/

I give you a C- for pure stubbornness to facts.

The Mormon church and BYU have a long, established history of racism. As far as I am concerned, they have no credibility.

At this point, CNN is trying to avoid a law suit but you double down. LOL

At this point, CNN is trying to avoid a law suit but you double down. LOL

I can't speak for anyone else but I really am glad that you have finally come around to acknowledging and believing that systemic racism is a real thing in the US. I don't think you would have posted this video if you didn't.

I can't speak for anyone else but I really am glad that you have finally come around to acknowledging and believing that systemic racism is a real thing in the US. I don't think you would have posted this video if you didn't.
    Well it isn't, so no. If it was, there would be a lot more proof and the need to invent racism (like this case) would not be so common.
    Just posting a video by a left leaning publication so the tiresome 'sources' strawman will stop.

Well it isn't, so no. If it was, there would be a lot more proof and the need to invent racism (like this case) would not be so common.
    Just posting a video by a left leaning publication so the tiresome 'sources' strawman will stop.

The video also explicitly says that nobody is accusing the volleyball player of lying. Do you agree that she could very well be telling the truth?

The video also explicitly says that nobody is accusing the volleyball player of lying. Do you agree that she could very well be telling the truth?
    I have heard others on the teevee say she was lying? What does that do to your above statement?

You laid out 2 possibilities earlier in this thread:

or

2. It really happened.

While your first option was a lot of subjection but basically boils down to 'she lied'.

I pick #1.

What do you pick?

Do you not think it is possible that she lied or was encouraged to lie by her racist godmother?

I have heard others on the teevee say she was lying? What does that do to your above statement?

I just asked, because you've made it clear that you think she's lying and that systemic racism isn't real, which means that the video you shared to support your side is based on things that you don't think are real. I think that's funny.

You laid out 2 possibilities earlier in this thread:

While your first option was a lot of subjection but basically boils down to 'she lied'.

I pick #1.

What do you pick?

Do you not think it is possible that she lied or was encouraged to lie by her racist godmother?

It's absolutely possible that she lied. It's also possible that she's telling the absolute, 100% truth. It's also possible that she is reporting exactly what she heard, but she misheard it.

All I am saying is that BYU and the Mormon church have a shirt track record on racial issues and it wouldn't surprise me if this was 100% true.

I see you still don't understand what systematic racism means. My bad. I thought you had taken some time to educate yourself. You may carry on.

I just asked, because you've made it clear that you think she's lying and that systemic racism isn't real, which means that the video you shared to support your side is based on things that you don't think are real. I think that's funny.

It's absolutely possible that she lied. It's also possible that she's telling the absolute, 100% truth. It's also possible that she is reporting exactly what she heard, but she misheard it.

All I am saying is that BYU and the Mormon church have a shirt track record on racial issues and it wouldn't surprise me if this was 100% true.
    Believing this person or not has no bearing on if I believe institutional racism is real or not. It just so happens that this person is lying and there is no institutional racism.

Do you also think Smolllete told the truth? By the logic you presented here, which is comparing the possible harm from lying to the prize of victimhood, you absolutely must still believe him.

Well, it appears to be 100% false and made up and both of them (player and godmother) should be investigated for a fake hate crime.

Glad to know the past of a organization can have real world consequences for random white guy at a volleyball game.

I see you still don't understand what systematic racism means. My bad. I thought you had taken some time to educate yourself. You may carry on.
    When you can show me the laws/policies on the books that have a negative impact on a certain race, then we can talk until then, I don't care about the left's victimhood Olympics.

Believing this person or not has no bearing on if I believe institutional racism is real or not. It just so happens that this person is lying and there is no institutional racism.

Do you also think Smolllete told the truth? By the logic you presented here, which is comparing the possible harm from lying to the prize of victimhood, you absolutely must still believe him.

Well, it appears to be 100% false and made up and both of them (player and godmother) should be investigated for a fake hate crime.

Glad to know the past of a organization can have real world consequences for random white guy at a volleyball game.

Except you have no proof that this person is lying. Jussie Smollett was caught in an actual lie. When the event first hit the news, I had no reason to disbelieve it because racially-motivated incidents happen regularly in this country. This incident as portrayed would have been an extreme example, sure, but not surprising if it had turned out to be true.

That said, I never stated that the possible harm from perpetrating a hoax and being discovered means that we absolutely must believe the victim, logically speaking. What I did was ask you what you think is more likely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom