All things Racist...USA edition (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

So if it wasn't racist, keep digging until there can maybe, hopefully be something racist so we can have victimhood again?
    I think you might be wrong considering the court ruling and it being upheld. How about we revisit this once it is heard in the supreme court?

It's more like chickens coming home to roost. If you're racist and you put that out there publicly, it can and likely will come back to bite you in the arse. But no worries, the bakery has a whole Republican media empire that will make sure they're okay. And of course they have culture warriors like yourself always looking out for them. Bravo!

Not sure what the court ruling has to do with it.

Guess I'll put this here

This article is specifically about Muslim Americans but speaks to a larger issue

Many of these people had been accepted (or as some here would say they 'assimilated' in to American culture), they came from a 'good' family with a 'good' home life, lived in a nice home in a nice neighborhood, went to a good school, got a good job and lived a good life

(And many also were born here and didn't need to 'assimilate' into American culture - they were American culture)

They were shielded from the worst and most blatant examples of racism and from the outside looking in would say that they were fully accepted, many from the inside would have agreed

Then Sept 11th happens and the rug of acceptance was yanked from beneath their feet

The acceptance they thought they had and thought was secure was really hanging by a thread

Muslim doctors who'd treated people for years were getting yelled at by those same patients
    People stopped going to stores with Muslim owners, the stores would get vandalized and many more examples

And there's really only two possibilities

1. They were accepted. But 9/11 changed how they were viewed, and that view changed immediately

2. They were never really accepted. they were 'allowed' to be American. They were treated as well as polite society expected, but once there was a plausible reason to publicly pull that acceptance and say what they always really thought, they did so

And it's not just Muslims and 9-11

It's Covid and Asians

It's the prejudice that Trump made people feel comfortable expressing

You can do everything the 'right' way. For some you can add not being a 'complain about racism' minority

But as soon as some event happens you find out exactly how much of an 'other' some people really think you are, and always did
    ==================

NEW YORK (AP) — A car passed, the driver’s window rolled down and the man spat an epithet at two little girls wearing their hijabs: “Terrorist!”

It was 2001, mere weeks after the twin towers at the World Trade Center fell, and 10-year-old Shahana Hanif and her younger sister were walking to the local mosque from their Brooklyn home.

Unsure, afraid, the girls ran.

As the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks approaches, Hanif can still recall the shock of the moment, her confusion over how anyone could look at her, a child, and see a threat.

“It’s not a nice, kind word. It means violence, it means dangerous. It is meant to shock whoever ... is on the receiving end of it,” she says.

But the incident also spurred a determination to speak out for herself and others that has helped get her to where she is today: a community organizer strongly favored to win a seat on the New York City Council in the upcoming municipal election.

Like Hanif, other young American Muslims have grown up under the shadow of 9/11. Many have faced hostility and surveillance, mistrust and suspicion, questions about their Muslim faith and doubts over their Americanness.......

Essay about this very thing
    ====================

……In my new novel, The Last White Man, Anders wakes up one morning to find that his skin is dark. When he went to bed it was not.

He reveals his secret to his lover, Oona, and together Anders, Oona, his father and her mother navigate a world where Anders’s predicament starts to spread. It is a world of turmoil and transformation.

I have been asked where the book comes from, why I felt the need to write it, and while it is never fully clear to me where my books come from, just as it is less than clear to me where I come from, my strong sense is that this novel spent two decades in gestation, and that its beginnings can be traced back to September 11, 2001.

After that day, many things changed for me. I no longer breezed through airport immigration, but was instead held and questioned for many hours. I was invariably selected for additional security checks before flights. Visas became more difficult to come by.

Fellow passengers on buses and trains appeared less comfortable at the sight of me boarding with my backpack; occasionally they got up and switched seats. People I did not know seemed more inclined to dislike me, even to fear me.

I was 30 then and had lived 18 of my years in the west, mostly in America, and very recently in Britain, my new home. I had always been a brown man with a Muslim name.

That had not changed. And yet something had changed. I had lost something profound. I was saddened and angered and confused by my loss.

But it took some time for me to understand what it was: I had lost my whiteness. Not that I had truly been white. But I had been white enough – as a relatively well-paid, university-educated inhabitant of cosmopolitan cities – to partake in many of the benefits of whiteness.

And now my partial membership was being revoked. It hurt, both the loss itself and, later and perhaps more hauntingly, the recognition of my own complicity in an unjust system that had benefited me……

Last edited:
    How about we revisit this once it is heard in the supreme court?
    This is absolutely rich coming from you. You want to revisit something when you refused to answer for your false assertions when what you claimed turned out to be bullshirt by playing dumb? I can only surmise that you were not playing.

It's more like chickens coming home to roost. If you're racist and you put that out there publicly, it can and likely will come back to bite you in the arse. But no worries, the bakery has a whole Republican media empire that will make sure they're okay. And of course they have culture warriors like yourself always looking out for them. Bravo!

Not sure what the court ruling has to do with it.
    The court ruled that it was not racist and the college and students were liable for slander. But yeah, nothing to do with it when someone said some mean things you didn't like.

This is absolutely rich coming from you. You want to revisit something when you refused to answer for your false assertions when what you claimed turned out to be bullshirt by playing dumb? I can only surmise that you were not playing.
    Cool, what did I say that was incorrect? Lets do this. Exactly what assertions did I make that was BS? You said it, now please list so we can discuss each one.

The court ruled that it was not racist and the college and students were liable for slander. But yeah, nothing to do with it when someone said some mean things you didn't like.

The court didn't rule the students where liable for slander.

The court decision still has nothing to do with the guy being racist or my previous point.

The court decision still has nothing to do with the guy being racist or my previous point.
    So the entire incident has nothing to do with race but was ran in the media and by the college that it was racist and the college was found guilty of slander? Is that correct?

Cool, what did I say that was incorrect? Lets do this. Exactly what assertions did I make that was BS? You said it, now please list so we can discuss each one.
    It must be hard to keep up with your lies. You do it so often here, I'd imagine that it must be hard. You can use the link below to see exactly how you lied and what you lied about and how when you were caught in the lie, you simply ignored request for proof rather than just admitting you pulled your assertion out of your arse.

This is a perfect example of liars lying, getting caught lying and then lying about lying.

It must be hard to keep up with your lies. You do it so often here, I'd imagine that it must be hard. You can use the link below to see exactly how you lied and what you lied about and how when you were caught in the lie, you simply ignored request for proof rather than just admitting you pulled your assertion out of your arse.

This is a perfect example of liars lying, getting caught lying and then lying about lying.

Cool, I lie so you say. Can you show me my lie? You linked the thread we are in. I need you to show me the lie and show me how I was incorrect, or lying, I don't care which.

With so many lies, just one would be great, should not take you very long....

Please don't dance around this, as you and another just go around and say I am lying with no proof. Show me the proof?

I was also warned on this board before, granted a European who loves draconian government measures, that legal action might be taken from statements on this board, so I am assume you would willing to provide my actual 'lie' would you not?

So, it was slander by the college, according the upheld ruling and yet here you are still trying to find a racial element.
    Can I ask why? Do you have that much faith in some liberal arts college administration and legal council to think they cannot be wrong when they said the students were stopped from stealing wine because of their race and not the crime being committed? The stance that it has to be racist is actually racist.

So, it was slander by the college, according the upheld ruling and yet here you are still trying to find a racial element.
    Can I ask why? Do you have that much faith in some liberal arts college administration and legal council to think they cannot be wrong when they said the students were stopped from stealing wine because of their race and not the crime being committed? The stance that it has to be racist is actually racist.

I didn't find anything. The guy was racist, and he put that out there himself. Apparently the students with all of their tech savviness, found out. Why do you want to defend him being racist?

I didn't say anything about the college being wrong or right. I also never said the incident was or wasn't racist. I never attempted to make either of those points either way.

Cool, I lie so you say. Can you show me my lie? You linked the thread we are in. I need you to show me the lie and show me how I was incorrect, or lying, I don't care which.

With so many lies, just one would be great, should not take you very long....

Please don't dance around this, as you and another just go around and say I am lying with no proof. Show me the proof?

I was also warned on this board before, granted a European who loves draconian government measures, that legal action might be taken from statements on this board, so I am assume you would willing to provide my actual 'lie' would you not?

The link actually goes to a specific post. If you have the poster on ignore, you should be able to click a button to read that particular post without removing the poster from your ignore list.

If you would prefer, I can screenshot the post for you. Not that it matters, of course, because when someone already did that for you, you refused to read it. It's absolutely full of your bullshirt lies.

Cool, I lie so you say.
    I say it because that is what you have been doing here.
    Can you show me my lie?
    I can and have shown you previously but you ignored it.
    I need you to show me the lie and show me how I was incorrect, or lying
    Look @Farb, everyone is wrong from time to time. I know I have been wrong. The measure of a person's character is how they respond when they are shown that they have been mistaken or outright lied. "Maybe I was wrong" would have been an easy way for you to save face but you doubled down. You ignored the proof that you may have been mistaken and in doing so, you graduated to simply lying. So for the last time, here is how you are wrong since once again, I provided you a link directly to the post that
    @brandon laid out perfectly what led to me accusing you of lying.

• Greg Kelly of Newsmax said that "Juneteenth holiday is just an excuse for people in "urban areas" to drink, get high, smoke weed and riot.
    • @samiam5211 said it sounded like the 4th of July in rural areas.
    • You agreed with @samiam5211 statement and used that as justification that Greg Kelly's statements were not at all tinged with racists tropes aimed at black people.
    • @Optimus Prime made a statement saying that Kelly would deny being a racist or that there was anything racist about his comments
    • You claimed you didn't hear the part in the video that Kelly talked about rioting and I'll give you that. even though you had the ability just like all of us to watch the video and listen to every word he said as many times as you needed to hear what he said as he showed video of riots and protests with no distinction made between the two. You even heard him say something about the 4th that he never said. You said he compared Juneteenth to the 4th but he never did. He compared the drinking to the drinking done during the Superbowl and Christmas. And because of that, you didn't see the racism in his statements.
    • After @CoolBrees questioned you about CNN saying something similar about the 4th being nothing but an excuse for white people to spend welfare on fireworks, get drunk on beer and shoot guns in a trailer park would feel like that was a fair and accurate description of the 4th, you responded by saying "Do they not already say that about the 4th every year? They do...."
    • You followed that up with "Is it the 4th or Christmas yet? Pay attention around those holidays, there are plenty of negative coverage of what those holidays really mean and how they are celebrated."
    • So I challenged you saying "In two weeks, let's revisit this post right here after the 4th of July and you come back and find a news video from CNN, MSNBC or Fox News with one of their anchors complaining about the 4th being nothing more than an excuse for excessive drinking, toting around guns, getting high on meth or cocaine and flying confederate flags. Post the video showing exclusively white people doing those things. We'll be back to see it so we can say that you were right. That's exactly what you are claiming happens on other holidays."
    Since that took place, you have ignored every request from me and everyone else for you to produce the video or simply admit you were wrong. You can't produce a video because you were wrong but have refused to admit you were wrong. That makes your statement a lie. "I was mistaken" would have ended that conversation. Instead you chose the liar's way out. Now you get to lie in that bed. (Pun intended.)

Yet another chance for you to admit you were wrong or be known as a liar. Once again, it's your choice.

I didn't find anything. The guy was racist, and he put that out there himself. Apparently the students with all of their tech savviness, found out. Why do you want to defend him being racist?

I didn't say anything about the college being wrong or right. I also never said the incident was or wasn't racist. I never attempted to make either of those points either way.
    What exactly did he say that was racist? Was it before, during or after the incident and the slander trial?

I don't care if the dude is a racist muchless enough to defend him. I am speaking out against the automatic response, much like yours on all issues, is that it was a black student so it has to be racist. The gender study academics, as expected, ran with to virtue signal to the students (their paychecks) and it backfired on them and I am delighted that the alt-left got called out for being racist.

Is being a racist the worse thing a person can be in your opinion?

What exactly did he say that was racist? Was it before, during or after the incident and the slander trial?

I don't care if the dude is a racist muchless enough to defend him. I am speaking out against the automatic response, much like yours on all issues, is that it was a black student so it has to be racist. The gender study academics, as expected, ran with to virtue signal to the students (their paychecks) and it backfired on them and I am delighted that the alt-left got called out for being racist.

It's in the article I posted earlier.

Yes, being racist is one of the worst things a person can be. Defending racism and racist people is equally as bad.

Racism and its related factors have directly led to some of the worst atrocities in human history, including slavery, genocide, forced relocations, concentration camps, torture, lynching, and more.

So yea, it's like pretty bad. And you seem to be consistently on the side with racism.

I say it because that is what you have been doing here.

I can and have shown you previously but you ignored it.

Look @Farb, everyone is wrong from time to time. I know I have been wrong. The measure of a person's character is how they respond when they are shown that they have been mistaken or outright lied. "Maybe I was wrong" would have been an easy way for you to save face but you doubled down. You ignored the proof that you may have been mistaken and in doing so, you graduated to simply lying. So for the last time, here is how you are wrong since once again, I provided you a link directly to the post that
    @brandon laid out perfectly what led to me accusing you of lying.

• Greg Kelly of Newsmax said that "Juneteenth holiday is just an excuse for people in "urban areas" to drink, get high, smoke weed and riot.
    • @samiam5211 said it sounded like the 4th of July in rural areas.
    • You agreed with @samiam5211 statement and used that as justification that Greg Kelly's statements were not at all tinged with racists tropes aimed at black people.
    • @Optimus Prime made a statement saying that Kelly would deny being a racist or that there was anything racist about his comments
    • You claimed you didn't hear the part in the video that Kelly talked about rioting and I'll give you that. even though you had the ability just like all of us to watch the video and listen to every word he said as many times as you needed to hear what he said as he showed video of riots and protests with no distinction made between the two. You even heard him say something about the 4th that he never said. You said he compared Juneteenth to the 4th but he never did. He compared the drinking to the drinking done during the Superbowl and Christmas. And because of that, you didn't see the racism in his statements.
    • After @CoolBrees questioned you about CNN saying something similar about the 4th being nothing but an excuse for white people to spend welfare on fireworks, get drunk on beer and shoot guns in a trailer park would feel like that was a fair and accurate description of the 4th, you responded by saying "Do they not already say that about the 4th every year? They do...."
    • You followed that up with "Is it the 4th or Christmas yet? Pay attention around those holidays, there are plenty of negative coverage of what those holidays really mean and how they are celebrated."
    • So I challenged you saying "In two weeks, let's revisit this post right here after the 4th of July and you come back and find a news video from CNN, MSNBC or Fox News with one of their anchors complaining about the 4th being nothing more than an excuse for excessive drinking, toting around guns, getting high on meth or cocaine and flying confederate flags. Post the video showing exclusively white people doing those things. We'll be back to see it so we can say that you were right. That's exactly what you are claiming happens on other holidays."
    Since that took place, you have ignored every request from me and everyone else for you to produce the video or simply admit you were wrong. You can't produce a video because you were wrong but have refused to admit you were wrong. That makes your statement a lie. "I was mistaken" would have ended that conversation. Instead you chose the liar's way out. Now you get to lie in that bed. (Pun intended.)

Yet another chance for you to admit you were wrong or be known as a liar. Once again, it's your choice.
    You are still on this? You were wrong on this.
    You said you had nothing to celebrate on the 4th, the debate was the left also attacks the 4th just like some buy on newsmax attacked 6.19 (I can't use the word juneteenth as it is stupid and doesn't actually mark a day). So you actually proved my point. I posted your reply to you as your requested for a link to prove that left attacks the 4th but apparently only a video will satisfy you. If that is the case, can you make of video of you reading that you have nothing to celebrate on the 4th of July?

Now you have to explain to me how you even consider that a lie. Please continue on that. Also, I apparently lie all the time, so got anything else that is an actual lie? You know, where I purposely said something known to be untrue?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom