All things Racist...USA edition (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

some info I saw today:

The court said it will take up lawsuits claiming that Harvard University, a private institution, and the University of North Carolina, a state school, discriminate against Asian American applicants. A decision against the schools could mean the end of affirmative action in college admissions.

some info I saw today:

The court said it will take up lawsuits claiming that Harvard University, a private institution, and the University of North Carolina, a state school, discriminate against Asian American applicants. A decision against the schools could mean the end of affirmative action in college admissions.

The sad truth is that we already know how the right wing SC will rule. There's no need for hearing before the judges. The 6 conservatives will overthrow decades of precedent, the 3 liberals will dissent, affirmative action will become illegal, and Ivy league education will become considerably less diverse. Right wing wins again.

Add Marshals Service as another American institution that has a racist history that has persisted for decades.

Perhaps if young people were taught/warned about its pervasiveness in school this could be overcome
    ==================================
    By the time a jury awarded him $4 million, Matthew Fogg had spent about 13 years fighting to prove that racism derailed his career at the United States Marshals Service. Hearing the verdict in 1998, he wept.

Weeks of testimony from more than 30 people had convinced jurors that Fogg was up against something pervasive: a “hostile” environment for Black employees, as a judge later summarized.

Yet decades later, a class action bearing Fogg’s name — and in which more than 10,000 people may have a stake — continues to inch forward.
The end is in sight, lawyers say.

An administrative judge for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the federal agency that investigates claims of workplace discrimination, could soon hear the evidence after years of procedural delay.

But employees past and present awaiting the outcome say that any vindication will be tempered by disillusionment over the journey to this moment.

Many class members have left the agency. Some are ailing and unable to testify, attorneys said. Others have died.

“It’s a never-ending battle,” said Fogg, now 70. That it’s taken so long is unsurprising, he said, because “the culture of racism is so embedded in America — is so deep.”………

The sad truth is that we already know how the right wing SC will rule. There's no need for hearing before the judges. The 6 conservatives will overthrow decades of precedent, the 3 liberals will dissent, affirmative action will become illegal, and Ivy league education will become considerably less diverse. Right wing wins again.
    How will it be less diverse by letting in asian kids?

How will it be less diverse by letting in asian kids?

By undoubtedly locking out more black and brown students from higher educations. Asian percentages may rise slightly, but overall higher education will be a lot whiter. Just follows the numbers after the SC overturns race considerations in admissions I will take a couple of years to see, but the gaps in education, achievement and economic success will grow even lager between the haves and have nots.

By undoubtedly locking out more black and brown students from higher educations. Asian percentages may rise slightly, but overall higher education will be a lot whiter. Just follows the numbers after the SC overturns race considerations in admissions I will take a couple of years to see, but the gaps in education, achievement and economic success will grow even lager between the haves and have nots.
    So you are saying the university system is racist and only held in check by the federal government?

No. I'm saying the people pushing the elimination of AA and pursuing these law suits are.
    I don't get that.
    Those people (those pursuing the lawsuits) are not making the decision of admission or not, so how does that have any effect on it? It sounds like the admission departments are racists then, since that is who you are truly worried about.
    The real question is why is a bad thing that education will become "a whole lot whiter"?
    Should they select by skin color or by merit?

I don't get that.
    Those people (those pursuing the lawsuits) are not making the decision of admission or not, so how does that have any effect on it? It sounds like the admission departments are racists then, since that is who you are truly worried about.
    The real question is why is a bad thing that education will become "a whole lot whiter"?
    Should they select by skin color or by merit?

Your backwards republican logic would lead you to that conclusion. I see the SC overturning this precedent and AA overall as worrisome.

Race should be a factor to a certain extent, which is what the admissions office seem to be doing, so I'm not concerned about them. There are many reasons that I could give as to why education becoming a whole lot whiter would be bad, but why bother. It's not like you would accept any of them. Plus, I already suspect that you know why it would be worse from my perspective, but those are the same reasons it would be better from yours.

Your backwards republican logic would lead you to that conclusion. I see the SC overturning this precedent and AA overall as worrisome.

Race should be a factor to a certain extent, which is what the admissions office seem to be doing, so I'm not concerned about them. There are many reasons that I could give as to why education becoming a whole lot whiter would be bad, but why bother. It's not like you would accept any of them. Plus, I already suspect that you know why it would be worse from my perspective, but those are the same reasons it would be better from yours.
    I just don't see the color of someone skin as a sign if whether someone will succeed at school.
    But you obviously do. White in education= Bad /while Black and brown = good? Yeah, man, that is racist. Sorry.

I just don't see the color of someone skin as a sign if whether someone will succeed at school.
    But you obviously do. White in education= Bad /while Black and brown = good? Yeah, man, that is racist. Sorry.

Having a diverse student body helps and prepares students work better in a diverse society. It's essential to learning how to function, cope and succeed in a diverse country and world. It's not just about the individual student but about the health and vitality of a college campus.

You can think my beliefs/ideas are racist if you want.

He didn’t say that, oh king of straw men.
    He did and he explained it. I disagree with his explanation but he did say it. Sorry you could not 'white knight' this one.

It's like a few posts up. He never said anything you paraphrased him as saying.

@Farb has been conditioned, by the propaganda media that he consumes, to believe that anything that speaks of the importance of diversity is an attack on whiteness/white culture and that anybody that defends AA is racist. So it's not surprising that he would interpret my post that way.

He did and he explained it. I disagree with his explanation but he did say it. Sorry you could not 'white knight' this one.
    Words mean things. You just don’t get to set the meaning. What he said was that schools (universities) being ALL white is bad. Not White = bad in education.

@Farb has been conditioned, by the propaganda media that he consumes, to believe that anything that speaks of the importance of diversity is an attack on whiteness/white culture and that anybody that defends AA is racist. So it's not surprising that he would interpret my post that way.
    So this was not you?
    There are many reasons that I could give as to why education becoming a whole lot whiter would be bad, but why bother.
    Would it be racist if I said "there are many reasons that I could give as to why education becoming a whole lot blacker and browner would be bad, but why bother"?

Words mean things. You just don’t get to set the meaning. What he said was that schools (universities) being ALL white is bad. Not White = bad in education.
    Whiter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom