All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Just imagine had she won the presidency and was leading during this pandemic, telling all the red states to say nothing but nice things or face the consequence of receiving no help, using the lives of the sick and dying, and the mechanisms that could help save their lives, as the fodder for owning her political rivals in critically hit states? Telling them to shut up and be quiet!

,,,Glad we got someone of higher character amirite?

Oh I don’t like Trump either. Lesser of two evils to me.
    I definitely do not hold any high ranking political figure in lower esteem than Hillary. I’m not afraid to admit that.
    She’s the biggest shirt sandwich in a store specializing in them. IMO

Yeah, I'm not thankful because the country wouldn't be in this mess and people wouldn't be needlessly dying because unlike the jackass in chief, Clinton would have taken it seriously from the moment she was informed. I get that you dislike Clinton but if you are being honest, you can't possibly believe that she wouldn't be handling this differently can you? She wouldn't have lies from the start and governors wouldn't have to be pleading with the federal government for help. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Don't let dislike take you down the road to stupidity.
    I truly do feel she’s worse.
    And as I’ve said multiple times I loathe them all. Just the rest not as much as her.
    And kudos on your post. Aside from the stupidity part it is the first one I’ve seen from one who has different beliefs than I, that hasn’t come back super smug and or condescending.

President Trump is a commander in chief dealing with a coronavirus outbreak in which many difficult decisions have to be made.

And on Friday, he seemed to suggest some of those decisions could be made according to who has run afoul of him personally.

Appearing at the daily White House briefing, Trump disclosed that he has told Vice President Pence, who is leading the coronavirus task force, not to call the governors of Michigan and Washington state because those governors had been critical of Trump and the federal response.

“When they’re not appreciative to me, they’re not appreciative to the Army Corps, they’re not appreciative to FEMA, it’s not right,” Trump said.

He then added: “I say, Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington; you’re wasting your time with him. Don’t call the woman in Michigan. It doesn’t make any difference what happens. You know what I say: If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call. He’s a different type of person; he’ll call quietly anyway.".........

Add this to the long list of impeachable offenses.

Yeah, I'm not thankful because the country wouldn't be in this mess and people wouldn't be needlessly dying because unlike the jackass in chief, Clinton would have taken it seriously from the moment she was informed. I get that you dislike Clinton but if you are being honest, you can't possibly believe that she wouldn't be handling this differently can you? She wouldn't have lies from the start and governors wouldn't have to be pleading with the federal government for help. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Don't let dislike take you down the road to stupidity.

You're wasting your time. The only response you'll get is the same regurgitated nonsense about elites vs non elites, mysterious deaths, and sheep: thinking one isn't one when he's actually the textbook definition.

I truly do feel she’s worse.
    And as I’ve said multiple times I loathe them all. Just the rest not as much as her.
    And kudos on your post. Aside from the stupidity part it is the first one I’ve seen from one who has different beliefs than I, that hasn’t come back super smug and or condescending.
    I'd like to ask you a question if you don't mind. How could this administration's response and continued non-action at the most needed times be worst? What would the trump administration need to do at this point to make it worst than what it is? Trump has lied from the start and the entire response has made the United States response look like it's being led by a mentally deficient goat. Can you list the things that would make this worst? Because after you list them, if you can honestly tell me that you think Clinton would have done the same things that trump has done so far and then would continue to do the things you feel would make it worst, I don't think there's much more to say on it.

It's not to try to put you on the spot it's just that there is very little else that trump could do to make this worst than what it currently is and I would believe you were able to divide by 0 before I would believe that Clinton would do the same things trump did and then do whatever things you list.

I'm not asking trump to find the vaccine or cure for coronavirus. I just want him to do 3 things:
    1. Stop exaggerating and lying (impossible for him not to lie)
    2. Give the states what they are asking for
    3. Listen to and do what the experts are suggesting.
    I'd be willing to accept 2 of the 3 because #1 won't happen.

Yep.
    Let’s add another while we’re at it. Let’s impeach him for breathing.
    That’s got to be the smoking gun. The audacity of the man.

If you don't see the total lack of government help in dealing with this pandemic I have no idea of what to tell you.

We use to have a team of people in charge of this exact thing and they were fired because it was an Obama thing.

We as a nation actually had what is literally called the pandemic playbook. Was that followed? Nope.

Into this thing over a month and we finally call the defense production act. Finally!

I don't care how much you dislike anyone. No one on the planet would have dropped the ball over and over again.

It is just that simple. Now he is playing you have to bend the knee with govnerors of Washington and especially the one from Michigan because she is potentially biden's running mate.

This is killing people! His games are killing people!

You make some interesting points.
    As for me, I don’t defend any of them and I don’t toe a party line. It’s elites vs. non elites imo. Always has been always will be.
    And I don’t disagree that our leaders left and right, along with the media, have helped to create a frenzy of sheer panic and utter stupidity. Sheep in a herd. Admittedly that’s not hard to do.
    "Elites vs. non-elites" means what exactly?

And how does each major party favor one over the other, in your opinion?

Well now, here is some good news:

Abbott virus detection machineSource: Abbott Laboratories
    Source: Abbott Laboratories
    Abbott Laboratories is unveiling a coronavirus test that can tell if someone is infected in as little as 5 minutes, and is so small and portable it can be used in almost any health-care setting.

The medical-device maker plans to supply 50,000 tests a day starting April 1, said John Frels, vice president of research and development at Abbott Diagnostics. The molecular test looks for fragments of the coronavirus genome, which can be detected in as little as five minutes when it’s present at high levels. A thorough search to definitively rule out an infection can take up to 13 minutes, he said.

“This is really going to provide a tremendous opportunity for front-line caregivers, those having to diagnose a lot of infections, to close the gap with our testing,” Frels said. “A clinic will be able to turn that result around quickly, while the patient is waiting.”

Other companies are also rolling out faster testing systems. Henry Schein Inc. on Thursday said its point-of-care antibody test, which looks for evidence that a person’s immune system has already fought off the infection, was available. The blood test can be given at the point of care and delivers results in about 15 minutes, though it can’t be used to definitively diagnose a current infection.

https://www.bloomberg.com/live

1. U.S. Is Poised to Top China With Most Infections: Virus Update
    2. markets

Last edited:
    You're wasting your time. The only response you'll get is the same regurgitated nonsense about elites vs non elites, mysterious deaths, and sheep: thinking one isn't one when he's actually the textbook definition.
    Well we already got a silly response from someone trying to link Trump mentioning chloroquine to the current shortage. You would think people would realize that the shortage is because doctors are using the medication to treat the many Covid patients in the global pandemic. The mental gymnastics to make that specious claim is akin to saying Trump was culpable for people who drank fish tank cleaner.

So this freakin guy downplays it for a month, then tells the states they’re on their own, and then now doesn’t think they’re being “appreciative” enough when they ask for emergency assistance?

“Yes, Mr. President, they have attacked lower Manhattan, this requires a federal response!”

“You didn’t ask nicely!”

This would be surreal if we already didn’t know what awful person this guy is. Politics and values aside - I mean come on.

So this freakin guy downplays it for a month, then tells the states they’re on their own, and then now doesn’t think they’re being “appreciative” enough when they ask for emergency assistance?

“Yes, Mr. President, they have attacked lower Manhattan, this requires a federal response!”

“You didn’t ask nicely!”

This would be surreal if we already didn’t know what awful person this guy is. Politics and values aside - I mean come on.
    Yep, going through this disaster and forking Donald Trump is who we just so happen to have running the show... Lol, we'll make it but gosh darned we've been dealt a bad hand.

“You didn’t ask nicely!”

Unfortunately that's Trump being childish, but you seem surprised. This is what he does.

This is becoming a common theme in the media and on the left. Not providing context or just the full quote.

“You didn’t ask nicely!”

Yet his approval rating goes up

Unfortunately that's Trump being childish, but you seem surprised. This is what he does.

This is becoming a common theme in the media and on the left. Not providing context or just the full quote.

You think that "context" makes Trump's statement more palatable?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom