All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I have always had horrible allergies. I am talking in the hospital with sinusitis as a kid, sinus infections usually twice a year, for sure 1. Nasal spray, netti pot ect..... A buddy of mine said he started putting a little local honey in his coffee every morning. I have been doing that for 2 years now. I haven't had any problems since then. I thought it was bullshirt but it fixed me. It really might help you too

The little nedi squeeze bottle, vitamin c and the honey did the same for me.

My wife tried all that and a non-stop addiction to claritin d with no results, but a nose job that corrected a deviated septum did.

Allergies stink!

The problem is that Trump DID say it difinitively.

Trump said: "It's shown very encouraging....very, very encouraging early results. And, we're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. And that's where the FDA has been so great. They...they've gone through the approval process, it's been approved. And they did it...they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So, were' going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states."

a few moments later

"Normally, the FDA would take a long time to approve something like that, and its...it was approved very very quickly and it's now approved by prescription."

This was a week ago.

They ate aquarium cleaner which is not the same as the prescription whether he was lying or not. And, of course, we all know he was completely lying because that's all he does, but that's not going to make me assign him any more than maybe 10% blame.

He lit a fuse that could only smolder in the most unfavorable conditions. It took fear, stupidity and probably a bit of crazy for those people to eat aquarium cleaner. Had he never said it, it never happens. Had they not been dumber than rocks, afraid and obviously too ignorant to realize that taking advice from him was beyond ignorant, it never happens.

But it did. He lit the fuse of stupid self immolation.

Have we ever had another president so callously ignorant and full of crap that he would be so flippant with the influence of his words?

Would George Washington or George Bush have said that? No.

Only Trump. I guess since he and the rest of his minions think a little death is not as big a deal as a recession perhaps we shouldn't care. He clearly couldn't care less as he argues with the pros about full churches on Easter.

My uncle died of COVID-19 in New Orleans this morning. He most likely got it during Mardi Gras. It kinda makes it real when it hits this close to home. He was 77 and had diabetes but other than that, he was still pretty active.

I am so sorry to hear this, my sincere condolences on you and your family’s loss. I am so very worried about New Orleans. They are set up to have a pretty bad time of it, I’m afraid. I sure hope the rest of your family stays well.

And you have a problem with that?

I ask because nobody who's defending Trump seems to have any problem with him trying to keep cruise ships from offloading to keep his numbers low or even the current nonsense of no tests despite having been 100% available for weeks now.

Why aren't we testing people now? Is it to keep the numbers low or because we don't have the tests?

This is one of those quotes that sounds insightful at first, but then when you think about it for a second, is actually completely daft. Loads of things get bigger after failing miserably. Like, security on our building at work got bigger after it failed miserably at preventing a break in. Because when not being big enough, i.e. lacking adequate resources or power, was the reason for failure, making it bigger is how you fix it.

Last edited:
    And you have a problem with that?

I ask because nobody who's defending Trump seems to have any problem with him trying to keep cruise ships from offloading to keep his numbers low or even the current nonsense of no tests despite having been 100% available for weeks now.

Why aren't we testing people now? Is it to keep the numbers low or because we don't have the tests?
    Damn, that's some next level whataboutism right there. I haven't seen anything like that since Rodney Dangerfield did the Triple Lindy.

Damn, that's some next level whataboutism right there. I haven't seen anything like that since Rodney Dangerfield did the Triple Lindy.

Seriously?

He came right out and said he didn't "want those numbers" "it's not our fault" and seemed to care more about the stats than the people or the situation. And what about all those tests. He's been telling us for weeks that there are enough for everyone. "anyone who wants one gets one", but that's not true. There aren't swabs, there aren't tests, there aren't people getting tested at any reasonable rate. Why?

My question was simple. Are we delaying tests to preserve Trump's delusional numbers or is it because despite 8 weeks of lies, he hasn't managed to get them to where they need to be?

This is one of those quotes that sounds insightful at first, but then when you think about it for a second, is actually completely daft. Loads of things get bigger after failing miserably. Like, security on our building at work got bigger after it failed miserably at preventing a break in. Because when not being big enough, i.e. lacking inadequate resources or power, was the reason for failure, making it bigger is how you fix it.

Exactly. On another note, many Americans have these favorite phrases blaming government for their problems.

Its a little counterintuitive when Americans are also the ones who take pride in being able to democratically elect govt officials yet act like they cant change when they make these remarks anything down the road.

Last edited:
    Seriously?

He came right out and said he didn't "want those numbers" "it's not our fault" and seemed to care more about the stats than the people or the situation. And what about all those tests. He's been telling us for weeks that there are enough for everyone. "anyone who wants one gets one", but that's not true. There aren't swabs, there aren't tests, there aren't people getting tested at any reasonable rate. Why?

My question was simple. Are we delaying tests to preserve Trump's delusional numbers or is it because despite 8 weeks of lies, he hasn't managed to get them to where they need to be?

IDK what you are talking about. I posted some video from CHY-NA and you have gone all Alex Jones on me about Trump.

So at this point I'm reduced to praying that trump gets Covid-19 and Pence has to take over until trump recovers. Maybe Pence will actually use the power of the office to order private industry to produce the medical equipment and test that are needed to try to save the country. Trump is fine letting millions of Americans die so he doesn't have to admit being wrong. Trump will continue to lie as people die.

New York's requests for more ventilators in hospitals are fake news because major hospitals sometimes have only two ventilators and it's fine.

This needs to stop.

We certainly need someone to take charge request the supplies from the government to set the price so states, and hospitals are no longer in a biding war. If the government places a huge order and then sets the price it is a win for everyone. Hell why should some industries and middle men rape extremely huge profit having us bid up prices.

But then again this is the exact reason we don't have universal healthcare. It allows the price of anything not to be set so we all get screwed.

As much as he doesn't want to use Presidential powers it is just a poster in favor of universal healthcare.

This needs to stop.

We certainly need someone to take charge request the supplies from the government to set the price so states, and hospitals are no longer in a biding war. If the government places a huge order and then sets the price it is a win for everyone. Hell why should some industries and middle men rape extremely huge profit having us bid up prices.

But then again this is the exact reason we don't have universal healthcare. It allows the price of anything not to be set so we all get screwed.

As much as he doesn't want to use Presidential powers it is just a poster in favor of universal healthcare.
    That is an interesting point. Where are you getting that there is a bidding war for supplies amongst states and hospitals? If that is the case I completely agree that the feds should step in and take charge.

That is an interesting point. Where are you getting that there is a bidding war for supplies amongst states and hospitals? If that is the case I completely agree that the feds should step in and take charge.
    Nevermind - I just used Google and am reading about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom