All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

You criticize China and yet applaud them for doing something. If they had been honest from the beginning they could have taken measures to mitigate its spread outside their boarders.

Instead, they were blasting Trump's restrictions on travel between the US and China as xenophobic and racist. Of course, they weren't the only ones to do that.

If the coronovirus had stared here in the US instead of China, how do you think our response to the virus would have been different then theirs?

Do you believe our president and government would have jumped on the problem earlier than they did? Do you believe we could have built 3- Level 1 Trauma hospital in a matter of weeks? Do you believe we would have initiated a quarantine as quickly as they did? Do you believe the administration wouldn't have denied reality and claimed it was a democratic hoax?

Personally, I don't think we would have done any of those things. I could easily see how if the outbreak started here, it would have been much, much worse.

If the coronovirus had stared here in the US instead of China, how do you think our response to the virus would have been different then theirs?

Do you believe our president and government would have jumped on the problem earlier than they did? Do you believe we could have built 3- Level 1 Trauma hospital in a matter of weeks? Do you believe we would have initiated a quarantine as quickly as they did? Do you believe the administration wouldn't have denied reality and claimed it was a democratic hoax?

Personally, I don't think we would have done any of those things. I could easily see how if the outbreak started here, it would have been much, much worse.

Do you think we would have arrested doctors for expressing their concerns online? Do you think we would have bragged about having sent a message to others who might be foolish enough to do the same? Destroyed evidence of the nature of the virus?

Do you think we would have arrested doctors for expressing their concerns online? Do you think we would have bragged about having sent a message to others who might be foolish enough to do the same? Destroyed evidence of the nature of the virus?

ummmmm,. we did gag our doctors and force them to not address the concerns except via the mouth of Mike Pence.

You criticize China and yet applaud them for doing something. If they had been honest from the beginning they could have taken measures to mitigate its spread outside their boarders.

Instead, they were blasting Trump's restrictions on travel between the US and China as xenophobic and racist. Of course, they weren't the only ones to do that.

Dood.

Nobody blasted travel restrictions as racist. "They" aren't even real. And I didn't applaud China for anything. I am not Chinese. I have no dog in the hunt. I made the point that we can't keep dangerous people with mental defects from hoarding guns and thought it hard to imagine how China could keep its nuts from eating bats, but that's not applause or defense.

More importantly, you're still obfuscating and dancing around the very real complaint I have against Trump who lied to us and led us to believe everything was a-ok. Hell, he even posted a picture of himself playing a fiddle while the world smolders and he tries to blame China when he is the one who emasculated the programs in place to deal with exactly this problem.

Dood.

Nobody blasted travel restrictions as racist. "They" aren't even real. And I didn't applaud China for anything. I am not Chinese. I have no dog in the hunt. I made the point that we can't keep dangerous people with mental defects from hoarding guns and thought it hard to imagine how China could keep its nuts from eating bats, but that's not applause or defense.

More importantly, you're still obfuscating and dancing around the very real complaint I have against Trump who lied to us and led us to believe everything was a-ok. Hell, he even posted a picture of himself playing a fiddle while the world smolders and he tries to blame China when he is the one who emasculated the programs in place to deal with exactly this problem.

They damn sure did.

I have no idea how our response would have been if it started here. Probably not as good as China's was, minus the lying to the WHO and everyone else, because they have had several practice events in the last decade. Practice makes perfect.
    China is the #1 exporter of pandemics! Go CHINA!

Do you guys get information directly from the Chinese Government propaganda department or is it funnel through CNN? Probably a little of both.
    I ask, because our Russian propaganda is required to through FOX news first before we can carry out the wished Putin. But I guess Xi has a more laissez faire attitude.

No. We don't typically do those things as a county. But our government does silence experts, or at least tries to discredit them.

You didn't answer any of my questions. I'll pose them again.

I have no idea how our response would have been if it started here. Probably not as good as China's was, minus the lying to the WHO and everyone else, because they have had several practice events in the last decade.
    luckily we're pretty much past 'wet marker' stuff here
    our major food disease issues come from industrialized farming/livestock - and corporations tend to react pretty swiftly

however, if we did have another AIDS or similar outbreak, i'm not sure the response would be great - obviously insurance backed hospitals like to keep overhead pretty small - so not a lot of redundancy in supplies/medicine. we'd be at capacity well before the disease or whatever peaked

and if we keep using this type of medicine, those board rooms will learn the same lesson that banks and airlines, et al learned in 2008
    none

Do you guys get information directly from the Chinese Government propaganda department or is it funnel through CNN? Probably a little of both.
    I ask, because our Russian propaganda is required to through FOX news first before we can carry out the wished Putin. But I guess Xi has a more laissez faire attitude.
    7.5/10

No. We don't typically do those things as a county. But our government does silence experts, or at least tries to discredit them.

You didn't answer any of my questions. I'll pose them again.

Yeah, I don't play go fetch or answer laundry lists of questions. It's all speculation, except for the building of hospitals. There is no way we could have done that. I recall a professor, I believe he was from Harvard, who showed photos taken from his office widow of a bridge being refurbished over time. I think it was 18 months later and it was still not complete. He then showed a time lapse of a much larger bridge being built in China - and then broke the news to the audience that what they saw was over a few days.

A year from now we might have them environmental impact statement complete.

Yeah, I don't play go fetch or answer laundry lists of questions. It's all speculation, except for the building of hospitals. There is no way we could have done that. I recall a professor, I believe he was from Harvard, who showed photos taken from his office widow of a bridge being refurbished over time. I think it was 18 months later and it was still not complete. He then showed a time lapse of a much larger bridge being built in China - and then broke the news to the audience that what they saw was over a few days.

A year from now we might have them environmental impact statement complete.

Weak. I answered your question directly. You know the answer, just don't want to admit it.

Anyone mention this yet?

I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as the blatant lying he did just prior when he said that he had replaced the antiquated and failed system in place to deal with this.

He hasn't replaced it and he hasn't fixed it and it wasn't antiquated nor was it broken. It was the world's standard.

I also wasn't too impressed by the overall lack of temperament he displayed when asked what is a very reasonable question.

We knew and were told repeatedly that he was temperamentally unfit for the office and now it's on display.

Anyone mention this yet?

I’m at a loss as to how anyone can watch that exchange, or the one with the NBC reporter today, and not be deeply disturbed that this guy is running the country.. if it’s only about ‘owning the Libs’, then please just admit it, and we can move on.. i mean, i’m a guy who in my lifetime supported both Clinton AND Reagan, but ok.

Maybe beachfriend or farb or someone else can help clarify, becuase I’m trying to be as genuinely honest as i can, when i say that i dont understand what some of you are seeing in his ‘leadership’.. I mean, besides ‘but Hillary’...

Dr Fauci has been pretty good, but I don’t understand how or why he says that he doesn’t understand how testing everyone would help? There is a report that 80% of the people in China caught the disease from someone asymptomatic. Clearly if everyone was tested, then we would identify asymptomatic people to assure they become vectors. I know we don’t have enough tests nor labs to do that, but why tell us something that is obviously not true? He loses credibility, and he is about the only person in the administration with remaining credibility. Am I misunderstanding something?

I’m at a loss as to how anyone can watch that exchange, or the one with the NBC reporter today, and not be deeply disturbed that this guy is running the country.. if it’s only about ‘owning the Libs’, then please just admit it, and we can move on.. i mean, i’m a guy who in my lifetime supported both Clinton AND Reagan, but ok.

Maybe beachfriend or farb or someone else can help clarify, becuase I’m trying to be as genuinely honest as i can, when i say that i dont understand what some of you are seeing in his ‘leadership’.. I mean, besides ‘but Hillary’...

Oh, it's not just about owning the libs. It's also about... hold on, I'm getting a call.

I dont get it.

Then again, maybe i’m a little slow since i’m only a registered Independent, and not a republican(?)

First and foremost, he's not Biden or Bernie. Or Warren, Harris, Pete, Booker, etc.
    That field of candidates was comically bad.

It's about nominating judges. And opposing mass immigration. Honoring the Second Amendment. Providing the circumstances for the economy to grow (yeah, I know about recent events). Allowing our beautiful fossil fuel industry to thrive. Taking on China economically. Being adverse to taking us to war.

Did I mention he's not a Democrat?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom