All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

More on how anti-science attitudes in Republicans led to anti-vax attitudes led to Republicans unnecessarily dying:

Wonder who owns The [Weekend] Australian?

Ten Seconds of Searching Wikipedia said:
    The Australian, with its Saturday edition The Weekend Australian, is a broadsheet newspaper published by News Corp Australia...

The first edition of The Australian was published by Rupert Murdoch...

Congrats, you found the Australian Fox News!

More on how anti-science attitudes in Republicans led to anti-vax attitudes led to Republicans unnecessarily dying:

1691073031789.png

To me the most amazing thing about this is it didn't seem to matter

People died who didn't have to and shouldn't have but did because they listened to a politician or podcast

There should have been mass outrage, demands for resignations and firings (and that’s where the angry mobs should have been, not city halls for telling people to put on a mask) but as far as I know there wasn't

Family and friends of those who died should have been beyond furious and livid, and the people who lied to them should have been the focus of that rage but as far as I can tell for the most part that didn't happen

Last edited:
    1691073031789.png

People died who didn't have to and shouldn't have but did because they listened to a politician or podcast

There should have been mass outrage, demands for resignations and firings (and that where the angry mobs should have been, not city halls for telling people to put on a mask) but as far as I know there wasn't

Family and friends of those who died should have been beyond furious and livid, and the people who lied to them should have been the focus of that rage but as far as I can tell for the most part that didn't happen
    The wild thing is the Trumpers will think it's a hoax and some made up numbers to attack Trump.

1691073031789.png

There should have been mass outrage, demands for resignations and firings (and that where the angry mobs should have been, not city halls for telling people to put on a mask) but as far as I know there wasn't

In fact, the people most harmed by the antivax and anti-masking attitudes are calling for legitimate scientists to be tried (and sometimes they call for executions). They’re still angry about some temporary measures taken to try to control a deadly virus. This is one reason I do consider that social media is being manipulated by someone running some sort of psyops. I don’t remember any such craziness during swine flu, H1N1, SARS, Ebola, etc. It’s surreal.

In fact, the people most harmed by the antivax and anti-masking attitudes are calling for legitimate scientists to be tried (and sometimes they call for executions). They’re still angry about some temporary measures taken to try to control a deadly virus. This is one reason I do consider that social media is being manipulated by someone running some sort of psyops. I don’t remember any such craziness during swine flu, H1N1, SARS, Ebola, etc. It’s surreal.
    That's the irony -- they're not mad that they were being fed false information that discouraged vaccine use and led to more deaths. They're mad because they had to wear a mask and that vaccines (that they refused) weren't 100% effective.

1691073031789.png

The R party is a cult, I'm sure family and friends in the cult would just say "well, it's sad that Uncle Billy died but it was just god's will".....

The infectious disease doc at the hospital where I worked knew this years ago. Heck, we knew it in the lab once we saw the way Covid screwed up your clotting tests. Sure, it affects your lungs. They’re the largest field of blood vessels in your body.

1692126746782.png

How in hades is she still a voice - regardless of party affiliation - that anyone would listen to for advice? Then again, MAGA is just the Tea Party rebranded with more hate and division so she might be considered some kind of MAGA matriarch.

But she's sooooo forking stupid. How? Never mind. Not even worth asking.

How in hades is she still a voice - regardless of party affiliation - that anyone would listen to for advice? Then again, MAGA is just the Tea Party rebranded with more hate and division so she might be considered some kind of MAGA matriarch.

But she's sooooo forking stupid. How? Never mind. Not even worth asking.
    I know this sounds uncaring,but as far as i'm concerned if you take medical advice from a politician
    and not a MD,you deserve what you get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom