All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I wonder is this county has any other vaccine requirements
    ================
    We do. Can you tell us the difference between those and the wanted covid mandate?
    Hint- those stop transmission, covid jab is now just a therapeutic. Do we have therapeutics required in this country?

Do they not realize that the OSHA “mandate” has a weekly testing option? It’s not a true mandate when you have a choice like that.

We do. Can you tell us the difference between those and the wanted covid mandate?
    Hint- those stop transmission, covid jab is now just a therapeutic. Do we have therapeutics required in this country?
    This is just BS.

The difference is that politics has turned us all into babies.

Do they not realize that the OSHA “mandate” has a weekly testing option? It’s not a true mandate when you have a choice like that.
    Why try and sneak it in under the disguise of worker/job site safety? Why not just pass a law? Oh, because it is the government, they don't actually do anything anymore but feed the bureaucratic machine.

How so?

True story.
    The Covid vaccines are not therapeutics. They do not treat a disease. They elicit an immune response that protects you from a communicable disease. They’re vaccines. To try to call them a “therapeutic” just makes you sound ill-informed.

kind of a sad day when the Auschwitz Museum has to make a statement that says: no, these two things are not the same

Warren is a U.S. Congressman serving Ohio's 8th District

The Covid vaccines are not therapeutics. They do not treat a disease. They elicit an immune response that protects you from a communicable disease. They’re vaccines. To try to call them a “therapeutic” just makes you sound ill-informed.
    Obviously I am ill informed. I have been told that.

While therapeutic currently does not mean this, maybe the definition will change shortly? The one for vaccine did very very recently.

Can you explain this for me, please?
    This link ought to deal with that nicely:>>> Google Image search for Giant Negro Run's Amok

So this won't be a blind link, this is a Google Image page of what are mostly old newspaper clippings.

:(

On edit, this post wasn't interesting enough as it was, just a link to newspaper paper. I'll add this Image to introduce some Caricature:

gilray_a_sphere_0.jpg

Last edited:
    I've been watching the Supreme Court testimony from today's double header. I'm about half through, which is almost all of the way through the first case, that being the OSHA emergency Covid rules that apply to business with 100 or more employees.

All of the media articles I've seen so far are projecting that the court seems posed to rule against the Administration's position. Posed to block that emergency rule.

My opinion after listening to the testimony is not that pessimistic. I feel there is a good chance that the court will uphold the Administration's position 5 to 4. I have Roberts down as supporting the liberal position, and a maybe for Barrett.

That impression regarding Barrett as a maybe is based upon just one question she asked, and a comment she made after that question was answered, so that prediction is awfully thin. Barely more than a toss up.

It could easily go the other way. But I'm clearly more optimistic about this than anyone else I have seen in the media when talking about this.

welp

The U.S. Supreme Court issued two highly anticipated rulings on Thursday, temporarily blocking a Biden administration COVID-19 vaccine mandate for large employers but allowing a separate rule applying only to health care workers at facilities receiving federal funding.

The high court settled the matter concerning large employers in a 6-3 decision to block the rule that would have been issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, with the three liberal justices dissenting

welp

The U.S. Supreme Court issued two highly anticipated rulings on Thursday, temporarily blocking a Biden administration COVID-19 vaccine mandate for large employers but allowing a separate rule applying only to health care workers at facilities receiving federal funding.

The high court settled the matter concerning large employers in a 6-3 decision to block the rule that would have been issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, with the three liberal justices dissenting
    They affirmed the important rule at least. The other one would have been a pyrrhic victory at best. In the long haul it probably won't matter because in being there for a while it more than likely moved all the business that could be moved to impose their own mandates.

This way the nonconformist businesses will do as they were going to do anyway, and I think this will transfer blame to Republicans such that Democrats stand a better change of keeping control over the House and Senate after the mid term election.

welp

Good ruling, despite one of the liberal judges stating disinformation during the hearing.
    100,000 children in hospitals BECAUSE of covid and many on ventilators. LOL. Do the justices get fact checked? The real number is around 3,500 I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom