All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

So, when a normal person is questioned about the hypocrisy of resisting a Covid vaccine mandate while requiring a dozen or so other vaccines, they may rethink their position or try to figure out where that inconsistency comes from. This is …. not normal:

So, when a normal person is questioned about the hypocrisy of resisting a Covid vaccine mandate while requiring a dozen or so other vaccines, they may rethink their position or try to figure out where that inconsistency comes from. This is …. not normal:

Good news, only about 8 out of 51 bills he's put forward have actually been signed. A few are introduced, but thr bast majority have failed.

Yes, that’s good. But why in holy heck would a GOP “leader” propose that? Have they all gone crazy? They are hurting people.

Can anyone guess why DeSantis appointed this guy?

"Vaccines are up to the person. There is nothing special about them compared to any other preventative measure"

and then he did this
    The big takeaway from the new rule, now in effect, is that if students are exposed to someone with COVID-19, and they remain asymptomatic, they can continue to go to school and school activities. Additionally, the order does not require that those who come into contact with a COVID-positive individual be tested for the virus themselves.

oh and he also promotes Hydroxychloroquine

Yeah you can go without quarantine for those exposed, IF you have daily testing. Without the daily testing, you’re just helping spread the disease. Some doctor….

Have you noticed that Florida reported 9 deaths yesterday and less than 60 per day for the last several days, and they're consistently reporting their data late? I think there is some shenanigans going on in Florida that is far worse than the Cuomo reclassification reporting of the nursing home deaths. For example, Florida reported 9 deaths yesterday while Texas reported 453.

I think there should be some investigations of what they're reporting. I bet they're reclassifying most deaths as non-Covid, even if the cause of death was preceded and aggravated by Covid, and wouldn't have occurred without Covid. They probably want people to think that Florida is safe for visitors, and they're trying to vindicate DeSantis. I'm expecting something to come out soon about interference with the health officials from the Governor's office.

Have you noticed that Florida reported 9 deaths yesterday and less than 60 per day for the last several days, and they're consistently reporting their data late? I think there is some shenanigans going on in Florida that is far worse than the Cuomo reclassification reporting of the nursing home deaths. For example, Florida reported 9 deaths yesterday while Texas reported 453.

I think there should be some investigations of what they're reporting. I bet they're reclassifying most deaths as non-Covid, even if the cause of death was preceded and aggravated by Covid, and wouldn't have occurred without Covid. They probably want people to think that Florida is safe for visitors, and they're trying to vindicate DeSantis. I'm expecting something to come out soon about interference with the health officials from the Governor's office.

I believe FL reports their cases weekly instead of daily. Their weekly numbers are 56k cases, and 2,340 deaths. That's 8045 cases, and 334 deaths daily.

I believe FL reports their cases weekly instead of daily. Their weekly numbers are 56k cases, and 2,340 deaths. That's 8045 cases, and 334 deaths daily.
    That’s still less than 50/day, while Texas is at nearly 400/day.

They are comparable states in vaccination rates, demographics, attitudes and climate. Texas is spiking, while Florida’s rate has dropped off dramatically. So I think there is falsification of deaths occurring in Florida.

She did her research. She researched Facebook and certain talking heads on the web. She made a choice. She owned her choice. Good for her. Always like to see when people get the end result of a set of decisions they make

A neighbor of mine had two aunts die of covid 3 days apart. My overall feeling was "oh well. They had their chance to prevent it".
    It is easy to say that when it doesn't affect me (yet) because meanwhile a good 3/4ths of my family isn't vaccinated and have no plans to do so

The dead nurse’s brother telling people to get the jab. His point seems so obvious but it really is exactly what is going on.-

“We’re hearing from all these doctors and professionals who have all this education and they’re basically begging us to get the vaccination. The people that are telling us not to, they’re not as educated as these doctors, and they’re following social media. It doesn’t matter if we’re a donkey or an elephant. It is a personal choice, but the numbers don’t lie,” Daryl Rise told KLXY.

A neighbor of mine had two aunts die of covid 3 days apart. My overall feeling was "oh well. They had their chance to prevent it".
    It is easy to say that when it doesn't affect me (yet) because meanwhile a good 3/4ths of my family isn't vaccinated and have no plans to do so
    My niece is in the hospital with this now. I do feel bad at the possibility of bad things for her children. But for her eh. Like I said spent 6 weeks with her making fun of my wife and I for masking. Thought it was stupid we got our vaccines. She should’ve been a guest host on Fox News listening to her for 6 weeks. So yeah. While I feel bad for her family, very little for her

That’s still less than 50/day, while Texas is at nearly 400/day.

They are comparable states in vaccination rates, demographics, attitudes and climate. Texas is spiking, while Florida’s rate has dropped off dramatically. So I think there is falsification of deaths occurring in Florida.

It's 334 a day, I gave the daily death total in my response. It's higher then Texas which is at 298. I also believe FL has more vaccinated then Texas.

Here is the NYT's tracker:

Edit to add: I don't disagree with your overall premise. Are they dumping these numbers late in the week so it's barely in the news? Probably.

Last edited:
    It's 334 a day, I gave the daily death total in my response. It's higher then Texas which is at 298. I also believe FL has more vaccinated then Texas.

Here is the NYT's tracker:

Edit to add: I don't disagree with your overall premise. Are they dumping these numbers late in the week so it's barely in the news? Probably.
    Okay. That’s realistic. I will start checking The NY Times in the future. They’re more up to date. I didn’t even see this in the John Hopkins site. I retract my suggestion that they should be investigated, but it does seem like they may still be pulling shenanigans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom