All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Ok. Cool. We can play word games and insinuate what I meant. Have fun.
    His actual words, as he gripped my arm in panic is 'don't ever, ever, not ever never get the jab'. He then slowly crumpled to the floor gasping for breath and his testicles began to swell like that old Chevy Chase movie until he died. Only then, did I notice the syringe dangling from his arm. I removed it and said 'not today china virus, not today. All the nurses watched in horror and then began a slow clap. As I left the hospital everyone in the waiting room stood and clapped. I went to waffle house. True story and not shenanigans.
    Besides your cute little story, you don't refute that your doctor didn't tell you to never get immunized, just not while you still have positive antibody tests. Every doctor I've heard go on the record about people who've had COVID and people who I know who've had it themselves, were told to get immunized either after 90 days or as soon as they no longer tested positive for antibodies. It's you who are choosing to avoid the truth I posted by posting this bullshirt and it's people like you, who know good and damn well that the science is tried and true and has been in the works since 2003, who are literally going around choosing to kill people with your willful ignorance. Keep on keeping on, champ! You're a true patriot, obviously.

One frightening model from the University of Washington suggests an additional 100,000 Americans could die of COVID-19 by Jan. 1, bringing the country's death toll to 775,000.

Fueled by a surge in new infections connected to the delta variant of the coronavirus, deaths in the U.S. are averaging 1,900 per day as of Monday – the highest level in this country since early March. Roughly 64% of the eligible U.S. population has received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, with at least 43% of the population globally doing so.

More Americans will get the vaccine in the coming weeks, too.

Pfizer on Monday announced that their COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective for kids ages 5 to 11. It has yet to receive approval for children that young by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

COVID-19 could have been far less lethal in the U.S. if more people had gotten vaccinated faster, "and we still have an opportunity to turn it around. We often lose sight of how lucky we are to take these things for granted," Dr. Jeremy Brown, director of emergency care research at the National Institutes of Health, told the Associated Press.

In comparing the two deadly pandemics, experts are quick to point out that the country's population was much, much smaller in 1918 and 1919, signaling deadlier nature of the Spanish flu in a less mobile time.

Keep Making America Stupid.

At one point I thought America was full of the brightest people in the world. Cared about each other. Always aspired for the best. Believed in science that got rid of numerous horrible diseases.

Now this.

Can I move to New Zealand?
    All empires come to an end. It happened to the Greeks and the Romans. The pinnacle is followed by complacency and mediocrity. We are heading to mediocrity where SAT tests will soon be banned.

My in laws had it 90 days after to the day. After getting bad cases of it, and still suffering from probably permanent lung damage, they were taking no chances.

I keep hearing this whole “my doctor told me not to” or some random garbage. First, I see no way that any doctor would say this unless you were in a situation like my cousin that almost died of guillain barre syndrome and has to be extremely cautious. Second, there is no research I am aware of that gives any hard evidence that one case and the resultant natural immunity holds. I know natural immunity plus vaccine makes you essentially bulletproof, but everything I’ve seen doesn’t put a lot of faith in natural immunity.

But hey, you do you

Even my former supervisor who had guillain barre took the mRNA vaccine. She consulted her doctor and made an informed decision. I don’t think that the mRNA vaccines have been implicated in this side effect. Viral disease, however, can and does cause guillain barre, so there’s that.

My in laws had it 90 days after to the day. After getting bad cases of it, and still suffering from probably permanent lung damage, they were taking no chances.

I keep hearing this whole “my doctor told me not to” or some random garbage. First, I see no way that any doctor would say this unless you were in a situation like my cousin that almost died of guillain barre syndrome and has to be extremely cautious. Second, there is no research I am aware of that gives any hard evidence that one case and the resultant natural immunity holds. I know natural immunity plus vaccine makes you essentially bulletproof, but everything I’ve seen doesn’t put a lot of faith in natural immunity.

But hey, you do you
    It's complete BS. Any doctor who wants to keep their medical license is not telling anyone who has had COVID, "Don't get immunized 90 days after symptoms are gone." unless there is a specific medical reason they shouldn't receive the vaccination. And the people who wear catching it - especially catching it multiple times - like a badge of honor and not having been hospitalized or even having a severe case are just stupid. Can't wait to see what their lungs look like 25 years later.

Besides your cute little story, you don't refute that your doctor didn't tell you to never get immunized, just not while you still have positive antibody tests.
    Cool, can you show me where I said he said to 'never' get it? You can't. So this whole this 'he didn't say that' to 'well, he didn't say this...." is just stupid.

At one point I thought America was full of the brightest people in the world. Cared about each other. Always aspired for the best. Believed in science that got rid of numerous horrible diseases.

Now this.

Can I move to New Zealand?
    That is the spirit! Your getting it now! Why move, create your own country!

Cool, can you show me where I said he said to 'never' get it? You can't. So this whole this 'he didn't say that' to 'well, he didn't say this...." is just stupid.
    I don't give a shirt about your doctor telling you to never get it or not. YOU say you'll never get it so that's pathetic enough for me.

Interview with Mississippi Governor
    =========================

To grasp the utter pigheadedness of the anti-mandate crowd, consider this revealing extended excerpt:
    CNN host Jake Tapper: The virus has killed more than 660,000 Americans.
    You’re calling the move tyrannical. Just so our viewers understand it, President Biden says he’s using a workplace safety law called the Occupation — Occupational Safety and Health Act to justify the mandate. . . . I mean, if there ever were a reason to use this law, wouldn’t it be during a pandemic, with almost 2,000 Americans dying every day?
    Tate Reeves: Well, again, Jake, over 9,000 Mississippians have passed away with covid, and every single one of them breaks my heart. It is — it is a very difficult situation that we, as Mississippians, and we, as Americans, find ourselves in.
    But we also have to understand that, as we look forward, if this president has the ability to mandate vaccines, what powers do we not grant this president? What does he not have the ability to do? . . . That’s another point that I think your viewers need to know, Jake, is that we haven’t seen the actual rule itself. All we’ve had is a press conference. It was 10 days ago or so . . .
    Tapper: Let’s talk about what you and the legislature in Mississippi [are] doing, because I’m sure I don’t need to tell you Mississippi this week became the state with the worst number of coronavirus deaths per capita.
    In fact, if Mississippi were its own country, you would be second in the world, only to Peru, in terms of deaths per capita. That's a horrible, horrible, heartbreaking statistic.
    So, with all due respect, Governor, your way is failing. Are you going to try to change anything to change this horrible statistic from what you're doing already?
    Reeves: Yes, well, obviously, the — in Mississippi, our legislature is a part-time legislature.
    I — sometimes, I wonder if in America if our Congress was part-time, we wouldn’t be in a better position.
    But let’s talk a little bit about . . .
    Tapper: Better position than what?
    Reeves: . . . Mississippi and where we are with the virus.
    Tapper: Your state is second worst — second worst in the world.
    I mean, I — how can you say that?
    Reeves: Let’s talk about where we are and why — well, Jake, let’s talk about where we are and why we are there.
    In large part, just like the summer of 2020, it was the Sun Belt states that saw the initial surge from the delta variant. It started — the first state that I saw seeing upticks was Missouri, and then it was Arkansas, and then it was Louisiana. And now it’s Mississippi.
    Our surge went from less than 100 cases per day in Mississippi to 3,600, much like what happened in the country of Israel, much what — like what happened in the country of Great Britain and in England. We saw a very quick spike, and now we’re seeing a very could — a very, very quick decline in the total number of cases.
    We spiked at about 3,600. We’re now half of that in our state.
    As you know . . .
    Tapper: Right.
    Reeves: . . . unfortunately, fatalities is a lagging indicator when it comes to the virus. It is a lagging indicator.
    And so timing has as much to do with where — with that statistic that you used as anything else, as we see in 2021 what occurred in 2020 as the delta variant moves around the country. and it’s going to happen.
    The president wants you to believe . . .
    Tapper: But . . .
    Reeves: . . . that this is — the delta variant is only affecting Republicans in red states.
    Tapper: Are you going to change anything?
    (crosstalk)
    Reeves: That’s just not true. That is not a fact.
    Tapper: I understand. I understand. But you’re — you’re . . .
    Reeves: That is just not true.
    And so what you’re going to see . . .
    Tapper: Mr. Governor, my point is this.
    Reeves: What you’re going to see, Jake, is the . . .
    Tapper: You compare yourself to Israel. Israel has something like the . . .
    Reeves: . . . delta variant is going to continue to move around the country.
    Tapper: Yes.
    Reeves: And you’re going to see fatalities rise in other states.
    And so here’s what we need to focus on, Jake, okay? Let’s focus on this.
    Tapper: But my question is, what are you going to do to change...
    Reeves: The best way in which America...
    Tapper: What are you going to do to change this? . . .
    Tapper: Governor, if Mississippi were a country, you would have the second-worst per capita death toll in the world.
    And I'm saying, are you going to do anything to try to change that?
    Reeves: Jake, as I mentioned earlier, deaths, unfortunately, are a lagging indicator.
    Our total number of cases went from 100 to 3,600 and, over the last two weeks, has declined. They have been cut in half from 3,600 to 1,800.
    When you wanted me to come on . . .
    Tapper: So you think it — so you think this is successful?
    Reeves: . . . three or four weeks, you wanted to talk about our number of cases. And then you want to talk about our hospitalizations. Now you want to talk about a lagging indicator, which is sad.
    And — and it’s true.
    Tapper: I’m trying to talk about the dead in Mississippi, is what I’m trying to talk about.
    Reeves: And I -- my heart breaks for all 9,000 Mississippians that have passed away.
    But let's put this in perspective, Jake. I mean the reality is, Mississippi accounts for 1 percent of the U.S. population. We account for 1.1 percent of the total number of cases in America. And we account for 1.29 percent of the total number of fatalities in America.
    Tapper: Right.
    Reeves: And so the reality is, the delta variant is very transmissible, and it is moving around the country.
    If you want to talk about cases right now, talk about Kentucky or West Virginia or what's happening in North Carolina, or moving into Southern Virginia. This virus is very transmissible.
    Tapper: I’m asking you about your state. But — I’m not going to ask you about West Virginia or Kentucky. I’m going to ask you about your state.
    And I'm just saying, you seem to be very, very activated when it comes to fighting the mandate from the federal government. And I understand the arguments you're making.
    But what President Biden is trying to do is save lives. Now, you can think that policy or it's unconstitutional, and that's fine. We can have that discussion. We already have. But he's trying to save lives.
    I'm saying to you, your way's not working. And whether you say it's a lagging indicator or whatever your argument is, Mississippi now has, if it were its own country, the second worst per capita death rate in the world, behind only Peru.
    And I’m saying, are you going to try to do anything to change that? And I’m — I’m not hearing an answer . . .
    The conversation continued on and on. Tapper never got an answer. It is unclear whether Reeves is cowering before a rabid electorate, or whether the governor actually believes using the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to mandate vaccines is worse than thousands of deaths.............

Interview with Mississippi Governor
    =========================

To grasp the utter pigheadedness of the anti-mandate crowd, consider this revealing extended excerpt:

The conversation continued on and on. Tapper never got an answer. It is unclear whether Reeves is cowering before a rabid electorate, or whether the governor actually believes using the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to mandate vaccines is worse than thousands of deaths.............

This is frightening, really criminally irresponsible behavior....and it's coming from one side of the aisle.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom