All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Tots and pears... womp womp... Oh, and the moron is taking HCQ and is lamenting that she can't get any ivermectin lol...

And she's still spouting her anti-vax nonsense...

You might want to read and process next time.

Just so we are clear, when the ministry of truth comes to haul me away to a covid reeducation camp- I don't know if I had it twice. I was only tested once and that was positive. 2nd time, my kid had it and suddenly 3 weeks later I had antibodies where I didn't 6 months prior (2 months after my positive test.

Again, if you are vaccinated, what difference does it make if I am not?
    You said "So your saying those that are vaxed don't spread it as much as the unvaxed. I think you are right. That has shown to be correct.". Therefore you and I agree that vaccinated people do not spread Covid as much as unvaccinated people. I know that you distinguish unvaccinated into 2 groups: those that have never been infected and those that have natural immunity. You assert that people with natural immunity should be considered comparably to people that have been vaccinated from the perspective of dangers to society, therefore I provided you a link with additional links in it to studies that indicate that people with natural immunity from a previous infection still spread the virus more than vaccinated people. I believe that previously infected people with antibodies are not as bad as unvaccinated people that have never been infected, but they are still worse than vaccinated people. It makes a difference, because we should be doing everything possible to reduce the spread in order to reduce the likelihood of mutations. We need to do whatever it takes to stop this pandemic.

That my doctor told me not to get it or he tried to talk me into it but after the positive antibody test said he reluctantly gave up because of said test?

Which one are you calling shenanigans on, because only 1 option is right?
    That your doctor told you not to get it EVER. The antibodies have been proven to only last for a few months from catching COVID - as you have successfully proven by catching it twice yourself. So keep on keeping on. Catch it a third time. I really couldn't care less if people who have access to a free vaccine that will prevent them from catching a possibly deadly disease catch it ten times. I do think they should be turned away from hospitals since they've had a plethora of opportunities to "get the jab" that would prevent them from having symptoms bad enough to need hospitalization in the first place while people who are acting responsibly and "got the jab" can't have surgery to relieve the pain in their back and legs that prevents them from being able to even walk some days - pain that is caused by having cancer. So, yeah. Shenanigans.

That your doctor told you not to get it EVER. The antibodies have been proven to only last for a few months from catching COVID - as you have successfully proven by catching it twice yourself. So keep on keeping on. Catch it a third time. I really couldn't care less if people who have access to a free vaccine that will prevent them from catching a possibly deadly disease catch it ten times. I do think they should be turned away from hospitals since they've had a plethora of opportunities to "get the jab" that would prevent them from having symptoms bad enough to need hospitalization in the first place while people who are acting responsibly and "got the jab" can't have surgery to relieve the pain in their back and legs that prevents them from being able to even walk some days - pain that is caused by having cancer. So, yeah. Shenanigans.
    Ok. Cool. We can play word games and insinuate what I meant. Have fun.
    His actual words, as he gripped my arm in panic is 'don't ever, ever, not ever never get the jab'. He then slowly crumpled to the floor gasping for breath and his testicles began to swell like that old Chevy Chase movie until he died. Only then, did I notice the syringe dangling from his arm. I removed it and said 'not today china virus, not today. All the nurses watched in horror and then began a slow clap. As I left the hospital everyone in the waiting room stood and clapped. I went to waffle house. True story and not shenanigans.

You said "So your saying those that are vaxed don't spread it as much as the unvaxed. I think you are right. That has shown to be correct.". Therefore you and I agree that vaccinated people do not spread Covid as much as unvaccinated people. I know that you distinguish unvaccinated into 2 groups: those that have never been infected and those that have natural immunity. You assert that people with natural immunity should be considered comparably to people that have been vaccinated from the perspective of dangers to society, therefore I provided you a link with additional links in it to studies that indicate that people with natural immunity from a previous infection still spread the virus more than vaccinated people. I believe that previously infected people with antibodies are not as bad as unvaccinated people that have never been infected, but they are still worse than vaccinated people. It makes a difference, because we should be doing everything possible to reduce the spread in order to reduce the likelihood of mutations. We need to do whatever it takes to stop this pandemic.
    Yes, 2 very distinct groups between the naturals and those that have never had the virus.

His actual words, as he gripped my arm in panic is 'don't ever, ever, not ever never get the jab'. He then slowly crumpled to the floor gasping for breath and his testicles began to swell like that old Chevy Chase movie until he died. Only then, did I notice the syringe dangling from his arm. I removed it and said 'not today china virus, not today. All the nurses watched in horror and then began a slow clap. As I left the hospital everyone in the waiting room stood and clapped. I went to waffle house. True story and not shenanigans.
    ok, that was funny.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fda-panel-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-booster

A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory panel on Friday endorsed emergency approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster shot for people ages 65 years and older and those at high risk of severe COVID-19.

The vote was 18-0. The vote will now go before the FDA to issue a final decision.

The panel earlier Friday afternoon voted to reject use of Pfizer's booster vaccine in people ages 16 and older, at a vote of 2-16.

During the deliberations, panel members suggested older, vulnerable populations may benefit from boosters, but noted insufficient data among younger groups and concerns over potential increased risk for heart inflammation, particularly among males ages 16-17.

Who was expecting this? I know I was not.

I call BS. Everyone knows Waffle House only manifests when you’re drunk.

A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory panel on Friday endorsed emergency approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster shot for people ages 65 years and older and those at high risk of severe COVID-19.

The vote was 18-0. The vote will now go before the FDA to issue a final decision.

The panel earlier Friday afternoon voted to reject use of Pfizer's booster vaccine in people ages 16 and older, at a vote of 2-16.

During the deliberations, panel members suggested older, vulnerable populations may benefit from boosters, but noted insufficient data among younger groups and concerns over potential increased risk for heart inflammation, particularly among males ages 16-17.

I think that’s the right call.

What's unexpected about it? Not really all that surprising is it?

Fair question and you guys can ask me anything, I try to be honest at the very least (with heavy doses of snark admittedly.)

I usually do it because I am talking directly the 'left' or lefties. I am not aware of ever saying 'libs' as I used to consider myself a liberal (still consider myself a some what liberal - yes, I can't wait for the box checkers to start telling me what I 'really am'). Liberals are on a whole different field than the left. I never understood why, but I guess the enemy of my enemy and all that.

If I say 'lefty' and you want to respond, that is on you. I am talking to a specific set of people on this board and you and few others are not in that group to me. If I had to guess, I would guess most of those would be on the middle board.
    If I talk about Racists, and you respond, well, that's on you. ;)

Kidding, of course. I'm not calling you that. But, also making a slight point. I agree that being offended or jumping into a topic that may not be talking about you, is a volunteer activity. However, we all do this to some degree.

But, while I was shedding a light on something, I'm really not overly interested in this topic. I'd rather talk about the issues and work through the disagreements, rather than just have snarky snap backs. Sure, it's fun and cathartic at times, but it's also really boring and frustrating.

And a final note. When any of us paint with a broad brush, or use labels without really defining why, or what we really mean, we give up our power of meaning. We let others derive meaning, and thus their reactions.

You might want to read and process next time.

Just so we are clear, when the ministry of truth comes to haul me away to a covid reeducation camp- I don't know if I had it twice. I was only tested once and that was positive. 2nd time, my kid had it and suddenly 3 weeks later I had antibodies where I didn't 6 months prior (2 months after my positive test.

Again, if you are vaccinated, what difference does it make if I am not?
    The anti body part is odd. You should have had them 2 months after catching covid. Unless you had the mildest case ever, even then..

What's unexpected about it? Not really all that surprising is it?
    The AP article I read characterized it as "surprising," but I think that's more to do with the way the Biden admin spoke a month or so ago in regards to boosters for most Americans by Sep 20. Though it does seem that in recent days the feeling was that the FDA would advise a more narrowed path than that.

One of the docs I follow on Twitter. Vaccine mandates work.

oh, and the final numbers are out in my local hospital group. The actual number of local employees is 3000 (3 hospitals and associated clinics and an OP surgery center) and the final total of those who chose to leave was 6. 20 were suspended for two weeks for not meeting the initial deadline, with the promise they could come back if they got vaccinated. So final number was 6. 👍🏻

The AP article I read characterized it as "surprising," but I think that's more to do with the way the Biden admin spoke a month or so ago in regards to boosters for most Americans by Sep 20. Though it does seem that in recent days the feeling was that the FDA would advise a more narrowed path than that.
    Yeah, just the general progression that was followed with initial introduction to the vaccines I what I would have expected. Starting with the most vulnerable and high risk group makes sense. I suspect those in the lower risk groups, the booster would be optional, but wouldn't expect it to get FDA approval until after most of the current approved group gets theirs done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom