All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (8 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Least surprising news ever. Yeah, use the same income limits, unless there is a strong reason not to.

Least surprising news ever. Yeah, use the same income limits, unless there is a strong reason not to.

I’d be all good with $92,500 and 198,750 for full amounts. Not because my daughter or wife and I need the money, but eh, why not?

Next week, should see a 16% increase in weekly vaccine deliveries.

Federal allocations of coronavirus vaccine doses to states and other jurisdictions are expected to increase by about 16 percent next week, easing shortages that have intensified nationwide without fully alleviating supply problems.

Jeff Zients, coordinator of the White House’s coronavirus response, is expected to inform governors of the increase on a call Tuesday afternoon, according to two people familiar with the situation who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it.
    The weekly allocation is forecast to go from about 8.6 million doses to about 10 million doses. The vaccine is distributed on a population basis among 64 jurisdictions, including 50 states, eight territories and six major cities.

Zients is expected to stipulate the increased supply will come from releasing more doses of Moderna’s vaccine — one of two authorized for emergency use in the United States. The other available product, also a two-dose regimen, was developed by Pfizer and German company BioNTech.

The mittens are off...Sanders will likely push for expedited reconciliation process to push through a COVID relief package.

Not next month. Not April. Now. Soon..

The 4d chess move is to pass a clean 2k check bill right now. Dare them to vote it down, knowing you will pass it via reconciliation if they do.

The 4d chess move is to pass a clean 2k check bill right now. Dare them to vote it down, knowing you will pass it via reconciliation if they do.

If only...It's too bad some of that 'let's all be nice and play together' crap Biden thinks still works is coming full circle:

Maybe they should go to Mar Largo for that refund.

Maybe they should go to Mar Largo for that refund.

Yea sorry, maybe don’t take your medical advice from a reality TV star, who only isn’t the dumbest person in whatever room he’s in because Rudy is also there.

Last edited:
    If only...It's too bad some of that 'let's all be nice and play together' crap Biden thinks still works is coming full circle:
    Yeah, but that's smart. I think it currently has no income cap.

Either that was intentional by the Dems to give more people money, or, it was intentional by the Dems, like Loomis having built in bonuses you can convert later to save on the current cap hit. i.e. an easy sacrificial lamb to give Republicans a 'win' that is more symbolic than anything.

That takes away your leverage for the other items in the bill. Just putting money in people's hands isn't enough. it never is. Otherwise, you're arguing for no income tax for anyone, which would be a disaster.

The White House isn't wasting time and going all in with pushing the relief act.

I'm just going to post a little excerpt

Nicholas: How different is it working for Joe Biden?

Fauci: We went from an alternative world into a real world. It isn’t anecdote; it’s facts. The president makes that known not only publicly, but privately when he speaks to us. Fifteen minutes before I got up on the podium the other day for the first press conference, he told me that science will rule and that what we want are facts, evidence. If something goes wrong, we don’t blame people; we fix it. That’s the way we’re going to do it. And to have the leader, the boss, the president of the United States, tell you that What I want is science to rule what we do and what we say—[that] was diametrically opposed to the anecdotally dominated White House.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom