All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (10 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I'm shocked ya'll

giphy.gif

Biden currently talking. He's well into it. Nice to just hear clear policy and what he's asking people to do.

So not only did the Trump admin disassemble the WH team on Global Health Security and Biodefense, but also defunded PREDICT, ( under US Agency for International development ) in 2019 whose SOLE PURPOSE was to....

predict.

Fwiw, watching Fauci, he's showing why I've always liked him. He's straightforward, pulls no punches and tells it like it is. One of the reporters asked if they were starting from scratch, he said no and that there were some good ideas from the previous administration that were good and that they would amplify those good ideas and expand with new ideas from the Biden plan. I think without the butting heads with Trump and Biden encouraging him to continue to be himself, the messaging will be a lot clearer.

He did a good job today.

Fwiw, watching Fauci, he's showing why I've always liked him. He's straightforward, pulls no punches and tells it like it is. One of the reporters asked if they were starting from scratch, he said no and that there were some good ideas from the previous administration that were good and that they would amplify those good ideas and expand with new ideas from the Biden plan. I think without the butting heads with Trump and Biden encouraging him to continue to be himself, the messaging will be a lot clearer.

He did a good job today.
I'm hoping to have time to watch later. I'd like to have a better handle on what's new, and what's the same.

I'm hoping to have time to watch later. I'd like to have a better handle on what's new, and what's the same.

He didn't elaborate a ton on details yet. He did say more will come soon. The press did ask if the timetable for getting most of the country vaccinated by mid 2021 was the same and he said that hasn't changed. But, I'd encourage a watch. I think the tenor of the updates will be much different and you'll see a more unified message on Covid within the Administration.

This should come as no surprise to most people who saw people using these terms

Yep. That was one of the more despicable things the Administration did. Trump was a terrible leader. And his attempt to divide people was second to none. Good forking riddance.

And yeah, it's personal with me. My wife is Korean and my younger son is dating a beautiful Chinese girl.

My wife had gotten the Pfizer first dose as a social worker. Had some mild side effects.

My MiL and both my parents are waiting for their name to be called for the vaccine. What gets me is they both have friends that were Trumpers who didn’t wear masks and believe it’s the flu who are scheduled to get them or have already gotten them.

i know that being a dumbass isn’t reason for being denied getting the shot but it pisses me off that they have been endangering us all for a year and then get the vaccine first.

No, really? Who'd have thought?

In an appearance on CNN, the nation's leading infectious diseases expert was directly asked whether a “lack of candor or facts” contributed to the number of lives lost during the coronavirus pandemic over the past year.

“You know it very likely did,” Fauci said. “You know I don’t want that ... to be a sound bite, but I think if you just look at that, you can see that when you’re starting to go down paths that are not based on any science at all, that is not helpful at all, and particularly when you’re in a situation of almost being in a crisis with the number of cases and hospitalizations and deaths that we have."

“When you start talking about things that make no sense medically and no sense scientifically, that clearly is not helpful,” he continued.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom