All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

This is very disturbing and it makes you wonder how widespread this type of thing is.

The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the metro health department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the Mayor’s senior advisor & the Health Dept. reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars & restaurants & how to keep it from the public.

SFL, I know you will be interested in this

Yep that one was so hard to sniff out as bull.

I just googled the writers name and low and behold the first article was about him being fired for making up news.

The best is they push this nonsense and it goes everywhere actual fox news did several segments.

In a perfect world we would expect real apologies to all they effected but we will never get that.

The day that people finally understand that the vast majority of our nation's local new is extremely conservative and push complete garbage we will all become a better nation.

Sinclair that pushed that story owns like 190 stations the second largest local media company.

Companies like nextar and sinclair are horrible for America and force feed us their political views. We just need to get smarter and do our own home work. My god one google search made me question that story does anybody that works for Tucker know how to use google?

And that is a big difference between legitimate news organizations and Sinclair, OANN, and even the Fox opinion hosts. There would have been retractions posted.

Highest states for per capita infection rate

E6A81AD7-BE04-4A0A-85DB-A4388DC4CAB9.jpeg

There's narcissistic

There's delusional

Then there's whatever this is
    ====================================
    Very soon, the United States will mark a somber milestone: 200,000 Americans will have died from the coronavirus.

How did President Donald Trump commemorate this remarkable loss of life? This way:

We're rounding the corner," he told "Fox & Friends" of the coronavirus during an interview Monday morning. "With or without a vaccine. They hate when I say that but that's the way it is. ... We've done a phenomenal job. Not just a good job, a phenomenal job. Other than public relations, but that's because I have fake news. On public relations, I give myself a D. On the job itself, we take an A+."

"A phenomenal job."

"A+."

This echoes how Trump has previously responded to questions about his handling of the virus. in mid-March, as the coronavirus pandemic was spreading rapidly in the United States, Trump rated himself a 10 out of 10 for his response to it.

And in July when Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward asked what grade he would give himself, Trump said he gave himself an A, but that if his administration came up with therapeutics and a vaccine to deal with the coronavirus he would give himself an A+.

(It's also broadly consistent with how Trump has graded his entire presidency. "I would give myself an A+," he told "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace in November 2018.)...............

To be fair, that email is buried. I couldn't find it last night. Today, on my phone, I noticed the gallery and they hid it in there. It is easy to miss.

Reading the email, I'm not sure that conclusion can be drawn.

1. It is missing the original questions and context.

2. The intent, seemed to be, in part, that they didn't want to single out the bars that had more than 10 confirmed cases from the others.

3. This outlines an important part... confirmed contact trace numbers. If you went to a bar, or 3, then the grocery, a restaurant, a friends house... where did you catch covid?

I think that is part of their "numbers are increasing every day". Not new infections (I assume their bars are closed?), but infections traced to a location. It also might only be staff infected, not patrons.

So, I don't think there is enough there to jump to the conclusion the author made.
    Wow, and just now the article is gone. The link doesnt work.
    Lmao.
    Dennis Ferrier is fairly well respected in the Nashville area and virtually anyone with knowledge of the situation knew that WSMV's "fabrication" reason for terminating his employment was cover for their discriminatory practices. They fired several people - including highly respected Demetrius Kaladimos and have paid everyone they fired, including Ferrier, handsomely for their discrimination.
    The Mayor's office is claiming that the information was released timely and was not hidden. I am not sure if that is true or not. It seems odd that if it is true why the news reporter needed a FOIA process to obtain the information from the Mayor's office.
    But even if it was released earlier, it is troubling to me how there is seemingly this pick of winners and losers in these shutdowns. In Nashville, for instance, the evidence seems to show that construction was a big spreader, and yet the mayor did not shut that sector down.
    It is sort of similar to how businesses and churches are forced to close by mayors who invite protestors into their cities. And I am sure many cities have these sorts of winner businesses and losers.

Called it.

BTW, the FOIA was likely for the e-mails sent back and forth. I think that's pretty standard practice. I didn't have to fill out a FOIA, but I essentially did something similar with my town recently to get the police department standards and practices, as well as the last two yearly reports on use of force.

But reading that small snippet of the e-mail looked like they built a story around limited to no context.

Changing issues within CV-19... is it safe to assume any further stimulus aid / unemployment aid is dead in the water now?

And that is a big difference between legitimate news organizations and Sinclair, OANN, and even the Fox opinion hosts. There would have been retractions posted.
    Called it.

BTW, the FOIA was likely for the e-mails sent back and forth. I think that's pretty standard practice. I didn't have to fill out a FOIA, but I essentially did something similar with my town recently to get the police department standards and practices, as well as the last two yearly reports on use of force.

But reading that small snippet of the e-mail looked like they built a story around limited to no context.

Reminder

Fox News is yet to issue an on air retraction for their Uranium One reporting, Nunez memo kerfluffle, or their Seth Rich reporting(amongst dozens of other falsely reported conspiracies). All of which were heavily circulated not just on their dominant nightly opinion shows, but in their normal news programs as well.

This cycle of bad reporting, reiterated on their news programs, weaponized by their pundits, proven false days or weeks after the fact, followed up by no attempt at a commensurate correcting of the record, is par for the course once again for Fox. Which is why they are not a credible news outlet and should never be used.

Lord help us!

Why on gods green earth would you trust a serial lier?

Because Trump's supporters are a cult. And the majority of what's left of the Republican party are Trump supporters. They will drink the kool aid no matter where it leads them.

The only thing that's different from them and every other cult is that their leader is our president.

Because Trump's supporters are a cult. And the majority of what's left of the Republican party are Trump supporters. They will drink the kool aid no matter where it leads them.

The only thing that's different from them and every other cult is that their leader is our president.

I know sometimes I just type it.

I really want to go back to the good old days where we didn't know our friends and neighbors had serious issues besides being a drunk.

I found that so shocking that I had to go find the actual poll, rather than rely on the Tweet. Here is the poll: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3674

This means that half of Republicans are complete morons! I can understand wanting judges to overturn abortion rights, or wanting tax cuts, although both are short-sighted, but knowing that Donald Trump is lying and trusting him more is completely moronic. It doesn’t require long term analysis of the what-ifs. It requires a little, tiny bit of knowledge and thought. How can 50% of Republicans be this stupid? I realize they only represent about 1/3rd of voters, so that is only 15% of voters, and the total is only 21% of all voters, but that still seems too high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom