All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

maybe this goes here

She's admittedly more classist than racist. The thing is that in America that's nearly the same as being racist because the majority of poor people are black and brown. So even if she isn't racist, her classism has the same effect and is mostly targeting minorities. At least she admits she's working off stereotypes, not that it changes anything.

She represents a lot of women/people's thinking around America in upper middle class neighborhoods, even those that are minorities.

She's admittedly more classist than racist. The thing is that in America that's nearly the same as being racist because the majority of poor people are black and brown. So even if she isn't racist, her classism has the same effect and is mostly targeting minorities. At least she admits she's working off stereotypes, not that it changes anything.

She represents a lot of women/people's thinking around America in upper middle class neighborhoods, even those that are minorities.
    which is why Wilkerson uses "caste"

What's concerning is that it took this long to come out. Supposedly, the White House tested her yesterday when she was showing symptoms. So they could have know almost 24 hours ago and said nothing to the public or those close to her.

I would be willing to bet good money that Trump has had this virus already ore might be getting it considering his relationship to Hicks.

Was on Marine One and AF One with him and many other close advisors.

Marine One is a helicopter. Not sure of flight time from lawn to AF One but that's pretty close proximity.

It’s the White House to Andrews - I think it’s about 10 minutes wheels to wheels. The passengers would be in the cabin for several minutes on each side of that you would think.

If Trump were to get seriously ill from COVID, I fear the conspiracy peddling and consumption would become even more dangerously volatile.

If Trump were to get seriously ill from COVID, I fear the conspiracy peddling and consumption would become even more dangerously volatile.

I posted this in another thread, but i think since we’re in 2020, the most likely scenario is that Hicks passed the Covid along to one of Biden’s people, who has since passed it to Biden.. honestly, I’m not sure if Biden or Trump have very good odds of getting through it, both are elderly, and of course Trump is morbidly obese.

I posted this in another thread, but i think since we’re in 2020, the most likely scenario is that Hicks passed the Covid along to one of Biden’s people, who has since passed it to Biden.. honestly, I’m not sure if Biden or Trump have very good odds of getting through it, both are elderly, and of course Trump is morbidly obese.
    I hope neither gets it, because I agree neither would likely do very well with it. I also hope Biden has had the good sense to keep his people away from Trump's people and any areas that they previously occupied.

He was tested well over an hour ago. They use the 15 min rapid test.

They know.

Pence was also with him for extended period in west wing prior to leaving.

Hope is now feeling the effects of the virus.

Is he possibly going into real quarantine? Like 10 to 14 days? I think 5 days is probably the minimum for a true quarantine.

I'm really thinking he might be positive. Even the more reliable test (compared to the rapid test) takes about an hour or so to get results. They have to know by now.

Under CDC guidelines (I know they don't listen to them), the minimum quarantine period is ten days. After that, with no symptoms, you can leave out with proper precautions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom