All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Good thing we have the actual email that shows what happened. Do you know what an email is?
    To be fair, that email is buried. I couldn't find it last night. Today, on my phone, I noticed the gallery and they hid it in there. It is easy to miss.

Reading the email, I'm not sure that conclusion can be drawn.

1. It is missing the original questions and context.

2. The intent, seemed to be, in part, that they didn't want to single out the bars that had more than 10 confirmed cases from the others.

3. This outlines an important part... confirmed contact trace numbers. If you went to a bar, or 3, then the grocery, a restaurant, a friends house... where did you catch covid?

I think that is part of their "numbers are increasing every day". Not new infections (I assume their bars are closed?), but infections traced to a location. It also might only be staff infected, not patrons.

So, I don't think there is enough there to jump to the conclusion the author made.

Hmmm, article by known purveyor of made up stories disappears suddenly? 🤔

Good thing we have the actual email that shows what happened. Do you know what an email is?

When they actually do post it from a reliable source then make your argument. The sources you post are pretty gosh darn pathetic.

The thing you posted was from a guy that made up large parts of a story for another news outlet. Then tried to sue them for age discrimination when they fired him for being crappy at his job.

This is our attorney general y'all. Damn shame...

Clyburn's response
    ===================

In an interview on CNN's "New Day," Clyburn was asked about Barr's comments Wednesday to the conservative Hillsdale College, in Michigan, where he said, "putting a national lockdown, stay-at-home orders, is like house arrest," adding, "other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history."

"You know, I think that that statement by Mr. Barr was the most ridiculous, tone-deaf, God-awful thing I've ever heard," Clyburn said, calling it "incredible" that the "chief law enforcement officer in this country would equate human bondage to expert advice to save lives."

"Slavery was not about saving lives, it was about devaluing lives," Clyburn, the highest-ranking Black member of the House, continued.............

This is our attorney general y'all. Damn shame...

I'm sure that a few Japanese Americans would have had an issue with this statement back in world war 2. And, I'm sure that Barr would have been drinking out of his "white's only" water fountain while listening to their complaint.

That article is from a guy that lost his last job because he basically fabricated it.

So does techno frog back his story up?
    Lmao.
    Dennis Ferrier is fairly well respected in the Nashville area and virtually anyone with knowledge of the situation knew that WSMV's "fabrication" reason for terminating his employment was cover for their discriminatory practices. They fired several people - including highly respected Demetrius Kaladimos and have paid everyone they fired, including Ferrier, handsomely for their discrimination.

And Mayor Cooper is a joke and thus is just another example of it. He indiscriminately shuts everything down, pushes stopping secondary sports from playing, proposes a 33% property tax increase while inviting BLM protests that trashed the city and set fire to the courthouse.

This is very disturbing and it makes you wonder how widespread this type of thing is.

The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the metro health department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the Mayor’s senior advisor & the Health Dept. reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars & restaurants & how to keep it from the public.

Nobody should be playing around with the Covid data. I don't care who it is or for what reason. The data is what the data is and it should be available.

As to how widespread it is, we have seen evidence of people in power doing this kind of thing at the local and federal level. It should never happen.

Not surprising info but good it’s coming from someone who was on the task force
    =======================

Washington (CNN) - A former top aide to Vice President Mike Pence assailed President Donald Trump's response to the pandemic in a new video Thursday, adding to the growing list of former Trump administration officials who have criticized the President and, in several cases, endorsed his Democratic opponent Joe Biden.

Olivia Troye, who was a homeland security adviser to Pence and his lead staffer on the White House's Coronavirus Task Force, charged in the two-minute video that Trump failed to protect the American public because he only cared about himself and getting reelected. Troye's criticism is particularly striking because of her role working on the coronavirus task force, which Pence leads.

"We knew that there were going to be increasing cases, we knew that people were going to die," said Troye, who left the White House in late July. "But the President didn't want to hear that, because his biggest concern was that we were in an election year, and how was this going to affect what he considered to be his record of success?"...........

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/poli...-coronvirus-task-force-slams-trump/index.html

Nobody should be playing around with the Covid data. I don't care who it is or for what reason. The data is what the data is and it should be available.

As to how widespread it is, we have seen evidence of people in power doing this kind of thing at the local and federal level. It should never happen.
    The Mayor's office is claiming that the information was released timely and was not hidden. I am not sure if that is true or not. It seems odd that if it is true why the news reporter needed a FOIA process to obtain the information from the Mayor's office.
    But even if it was released earlier, it is troubling to me how there is seemingly this pick of winners and losers in these shutdowns. In Nashville, for instance, the evidence seems to show that construction was a big spreader, and yet the mayor did not shut that sector down.
    It is sort of similar to how businesses and churches are forced to close by mayors who invite protestors into their cities. And I am sure many cities have these sorts of winner businesses and losers.

The Mayor's office is claiming that the information was released timely and was not hidden. I am not sure if that is true or not. It seems odd that if it is true why the news reporter needed a FOIA process to obtain the information from the Mayor's office.
    But even if it was released earlier, it is troubling to me how there is seemingly this pick of winners and losers in these shutdowns. In Nashville, for instance, the evidence seems to show that construction was a big spreader, and yet the mayor did not shut that sector down.
    It is sort of similar to how businesses and churches are forced to close by mayors who invite protestors into their cities. And I am sure many cities have these sorts of winner businesses and losers.
    Omaha, a fairly conservative city shut down churches and businesses but didn’t invite protestors. That is a blanket statement you made and really isn’t based on fact, just disdain for large cities who almost all closed businesses and churches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom